The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Lenticular) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

Mar 24, 2013
Release date: August 22, 2016
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £14.99
Note: This limited edition hmv exclusive steelbook includes embossing on Spider-Man and the film title and includes a 3D lenticular.

01-343400.jpg

02-343400.jpg
03-343400.jpg
04-343400.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Drum18
All Hmv do is get stock from suppliers and same with their exclusives whether it's Steelbook, vinyl, ammray slip case all have print runs.
When it has the notify me button it means they are most likely sourcing the rest of the stock from the supplier or requesting stock from stores that aren't selling that particular item as well (that's mainly when you order someting in store and they don't have it in stock)

When it is no longer on the site it usually means its discontinued (sold out and out of print)

You will notice things like suicide squad going out of stock and then coming back after midnight (for a week or so around release) or if it's a popular title because they are arranging the rest of the stock to go online: like what happened with BvS and hateful eight. They were very popular so they kept selling out and then the remainder kept going back online until they all finally sold out

Thanks for the info:notworthy::thumbs:

Just spent another £8 to get the two 3D discs to go in the steelbooks.. so annoying but at least they'll be complete now.. and I've never seen them in 3D so looking forward to watching them:happy:

Reactions: Flloydo
Thanks for the info:notworthy::thumbs:

Just spent another £8 to get the two 3D discs to go in the steelbooks.. so annoying but at least they'll be complete now.. and I've never seen them in 3D so looking forward to watching them:happy:

I haven't seen the second in 3D but I see the first at the cinema in 3D and I enjoyed it.
Particularly the last half hour and some of the swinging but there's one particular moment that looked amazing

I'm buying a new tv in the next couple of months and 3D is crucial, need to upgrade and I like 3D on home TVs

Raimi's iteration of Spider-Man, while less accurate, captured the exact tone that Spider-Man NEEDS to be. On top of that- Sam Raimi is an absolute legend, his expert knowledge of dynamic camera movement trumps anything that is in the Amazing films.

The tone was way off in Raimi's films for what I wanted, it's the second reason I detest them, the first being terrible casting. Tobey and Kristen were badly miscast and didn't represent the characters I read from the late 70's onwards. Whether a director is a legend or not means very little, he's made some stunning films and some poor ones. A film doesn't need to be a technical marvel for me to enjoy it, it needs to get the characters right and Garfield and Stone nailed their roles spectacularly capturing the essence of each perfectly based on the books since the 80's. For me that was more important than being technically clever.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
The tone was way off in Raimi's films for what I wanted, it's the second reason I detest them, the first being terrible casting. Tobey and Kristen were badly miscast and didn't represent the characters I read from the late 70's onwards. Whether a director is a legend or not means very little, he's made some stunning films and some poor ones. A film doesn't need to be a technical marvel for me to enjoy it, it needs to get the characters right and Garfield and Stone nailed their roles spectacularly capturing the essence of each perfectly based on the books since the 80's. For me that was more important than being technically clever.

I do agree with you when it comes to spidey

There's no argument that Ramis 2nd spidey is one of the best but it's still ruined by a lot of crap moments, mostly dialogue and when he's just Parker and spidey 1 is watchable (loved it when I was younger) but Maguire is the worst thing about those films. He's awful as spidey/ Parker and they are not Ramis best films at all. They have a real childish look to them. But I do love the second film and have time for the first. The only time Ramis original style shined in his spidey films was doc oc on the operating table. The rest of the films look like they could of been made by anyone

Although mark webbs films weren't perfect they are very entertaining (But j I kinda agree that Jamie foxx was a bit Carrey/ ridler esque) but Garfield was an amazing Parker and spidey. Too good.
I like the look of Holland and I enjoyed him a lot in civil war as a different spidey but Garfield will always own that role regardless of him probably being spidey the shortest of the 3
Much prefered the tone in webbs films too and the humour/ geekness and sarcasim Garfield brought was spot on

Whereas Maguire is pure loser in Ramis. Not even lovable loser.
(The moment he tries cool in spidey 3 and goes to the jazz bar - hahahahaha worst moment in cinema history)

Im happy marvel have him now but I did want a spidey 3 with Garfield

Reactions: psychoscot
this steelbook is also available on other websites in the uk (with the same barcode) does it mean it also has the lenti magnet?

this steelbook is also available on other websites in the uk (with the same barcode) does it mean it also has the lenti magnet?
Amazon UK is a third party seller and yes would be the same as long as it's not the Italy steelbook contact the seller first to find out

It's also available on other European amazon websites but make sure it's says UK import in the listing if you want the one with the lenti

To be sure best if ordered from HMV

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Apo
Amazon UK is a third party seller and yes would be the same as long as it's not the Italy steelbook contact the seller first to find out

It's also available on other European amazon websites but make sure it's says UK import in the listing if you want the one with the lenti

To be sure best if ordered from HMV

sadly HMV doesn't ship to France. The lenti is not really important, but I know the HMV version had French audio, and the Italian one does not.

this is the one I am looking at:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01LHD2PE2/?tag=hidefnin-21

French audio is not listed, but Italian isn't either. Do you happen to know if there is any other release for this Steelbook? (other than HMV, Italy and Scandinavia)

sadly HMV doesn't ship to France. The lenti is not really important, but I know the HMV version had French audio, and the Italian one does not.

French audio is not listed, but Italian isn't either. Do you happen to know if there is any other release for this Steelbook? (other than HMV, Italy and Scandinavia)

@cooey does a hmv groupbuy and sends them to you if that's any help. Should go and check it out.

I'd heard that the lentis were a limited release, and that even what HMV has now is non-lenti. Can anyone confirm that? Or does @cooey have a stash of the lentis?

That's a third party seller Quality Media Supplies Ltd (Fulfilment by Amazon) be best to contact the seller to find out if includes the lenti
Amazon is not the seller

That's a third party seller Quality Media Supplies Ltd (Fulfilment by Amazon) be best to contact the seller to find out if includes the lenti
Amazon is not the seller

yes and no. I actually checked on Amazon.fr, and Amazon.fr is selling this one, ss "Import", but still no information about the audio listed.