The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Lenticular) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

Mar 24, 2013
Release date: August 22, 2016
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £14.99
Note: This limited edition hmv exclusive steelbook includes embossing on Spider-Man and the film title and includes a 3D lenticular.

01-343400.jpg

02-343400.jpg
03-343400.jpg
04-343400.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Drum18
The steelbook is much better than the other release, looks like a zero finish certainly not a dull matt finish, nice debossing on title and Spider-man. I like how the web effect is highlighted nicely on the front, inside artwork could be better. Not a fan of the Lenti could be better, lines up ok in places and doesn't if you look at the web, I've seen worse on UK steelbooks though.

Sadly mine came with some paint chips, usually arrive fine from HMV, just unlucky on this one, I'll be getting mine replaced.

Last edited:
Is there something different to the amazing spiderman releases from amazon italy ?
do they have a lenti too ?

The Amazon.it releases will not include a lenticular magnet. There's no guarantee that they will be embossed either.

The Amazon.it releases will not include a lenticular magnet. There's no guarantee that they will be embossed either.
The Steelbooks Amazon Italy are the exact same only difference is the Jcard
Lenti Magnet most likely not included but that's not known 100% yet

It seems like more effort was placed in making this steelbook than there was in actually making "The Amazing Spider-Man 2".

You must have watched a different film to me. As a die hard Spidey fan for over 35 years this was THE best Spider-Man film to date, completely capturing what I fell in love with from the comics!

That day has arrived:thumbs::cigar:

They have been that price a few weeks now chunk

I still haven't picked em up yet.
My money is taken up in GBs and a few other things for this month (jungle book BF, fac 10cl, EB Shaun box etc) so at the end of the month I was going to pick them up

My local Hmv still has the 5 of each they got from day one and they still haven't sold any so I have no fear of them selling out, plus my mate who works there said if there is any sign of them selling he will save one of each and drop me a txt. So I have back up incase they sell out online lol

• Thanks
Reactions: chunk
They have been that price a few weeks now chunk

I still haven't picked em up yet.
My money is taken up in GBs and a few other things for this month (jungle book BF, fac 10cl, EB Shaun box etc) so at the end of the month I was going to pick them up

My local Hmv still has the 5 of each they got from day one and they still haven't sold any so I have no fear of them selling out, plus my mate who works there said if there is any sign of them selling he will save one of each and drop me a txt. So I have back up incase they sell out online lol

So you have an inside man, awesome:cigar::thumbs:
I didn't know they'd been on sale for a couple of weeks:emb::confused::bag:
I just used the last of my food money and put an order in:rofl: only 9 more days and I can eat again:D

So much for cutting back in 2017, I've started off the year well. . This collecting thing stuck it's claws in and won't let go:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
So you have an inside man, awesome:cigar::thumbs:
I didn't know they'd been on sale for a couple of weeks:emb::confused::bag:
I just used the last of my food money and put an order in:rofl: only 9 more days and I can eat again:D

So much for cutting back in 2017, I've started off the year well. . This collecting thing stuck it's claws in and won't let go:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

I don't always have that privilege

This is only because they haven't sold any since release.
He did say another store might request them at some point anyway

Weird because most the other steels usually go quite quickly in my local store

Last edited:
  • Thanks
I don't always have that privilege

This is only because they haven't sold any since release.
He did say another store might request them at some point anyway

Weird because most the other steels usually go quite quickly

I know I was surprised that they are still around.. especially if they've been £9.99 for a couple of weeks.. I know they're re releases but the original ASM-2 is pretty ugly. I've seen youtube vids for these new ones and they look really nice.
I was wondering why they don't contain the 3D discs though.

I know I was surprised that they are still around.. especially if they've been £9.99 for a couple of weeks.. I know they're re releases but the original ASM-2 is pretty ugly. I've seen youtube vids for these new ones and they look really nice.
I was wondering why they don't contain the 3D discs though.

Maybe the print run is much bigger or maybe customers was not bothered because they snubbed the 3D. I imagine the print run must be high though

I have the US steel for the first one with the 3D disc and the U.K. Hmv version for no2 but I was a bit annoyed 3D was snubbed for the uk steels (twice)

• Thanks
You must have watched a different film to me. As a die hard Spidey fan for over 35 years this was THE best Spider-Man film to date, completely capturing what I fell in love with from the comics!

What...? xD

The movie took Jim Carey'a villain role from "Batman Forever", threw in way too many irrelevant plot threads, had multiple different edits that demonstrates that this movie had no idea what it wanted to be on a conceptual level, is incompetently directed, takes itself way too seriously, and in no way captures the tone of a "Spider-Man" comic.

... but hey- he had mechanical web-shooters, right?

Raimi's iteration of Spider-Man, while less accurate, captured the exact tone that Spider-Man NEEDS to be. On top of that- Sam Raimi is an absolute legend, his expert knowledge of dynamic camera movement trumps anything that is in the Amazing films.

I mean- these two Amazing Spider-Man movies were so poorly received that it essentially ended the Spider-Man Cinematic universe that Sony wanted to build off of.

Maybe the print run is much bigger or maybe customers was not bothered because they snubbed the 3D. I imagine the print run must be high though

I have the US steel for the first one with the 3D disc and the U.K. Hmv version for no2 but I was a bit annoyed 3D was snubbed for the uk steels (twice)
Me too.. we buy a special edition then have to buy the amaray's as well to get the 3D discs.. total p/$$ take.

When hmv have an exclusive and it sells out do they just print up more? I noticed that some of their sold out steels like suicide squad have an option to 'notify me when back in stock' option. That's a bit strange.

• Thanks
Me too.. we buy a special edition then have to buy the amaray's as well to get the 3D discs.. total p/$$ take.

When hmv have an exclusive and it sells out do they just print up more? I noticed that some of their sold out steels like suicide squad have an option to 'notify me when back in stock' option. That's a bit strange.

All Hmv do is get stock from suppliers and same with their exclusives whether it's Steelbook, vinyl, ammray slip case all have print runs.
When it has the notify me button it means they are most likely sourcing the rest of the stock from the supplier or requesting stock from stores that aren't selling that particular item as well (that's mainly when you order someting in store and they don't have it in stock)

When it is no longer on the site it usually means its discontinued (sold out and out of print)

You will notice things like suicide squad going out of stock and then coming back after midnight (for a week or so around release) or if it's a popular title because they are arranging the rest of the stock to go online: like what happened with BvS and hateful eight. They were very popular so they kept selling out and then the remainder kept going back online until they all finally sold out

• Helpful Post