The Batman (2022) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 52) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: August 24, 2022
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti (Pre-order on June 24, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $185.97 (Box Set) - $56.99 (Full Slip) - $57.99 (Lenti - Double Lenti)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti Check your local timing HERE

Notes:
WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Box Set: 600 Sets, Numbered 1-600. Glow in Dark, Spot Glossy, Embossing.
Full Slip: 1000 copies, Numbered 1-1000. Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Spot Foil, Embossing.
Lenti: 1000 copies, Numbered 1-1000. 3D Lenticular, Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Spot Foil, Embossing.
Double Lenti: 1000 copies, Numbered 1-1000. 2 x 3d Lenticular , Spot Matte, Spot glossy, Embossing.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On.

Batman2022_Overall-Packshot_Box_5000x.jpgBatman2022_Overall-Packshot_FS_2000x.jpgBatman2022_Overall-Packshot_LS_2000x.jpgBatman2022_Overall-Packshot_DLS_2000x.jpg

Last edited:
Why didn’t Manta do a larger print run? The Batman was guaranteed to be a mega seller.
I read somewhere (probably r/Steelbooks) that Collectong allocates a certain amount for GBs based on the performance of the previous title. Seeing how that last title was Matrix: Resurrection... it clearly underperformed.

If I am wrong, somebody please educate me; lead me to the correct path. :naughty:

Learn Back To School GIF by Originals

Reactions: nafosb
@Aniv I secured a DL, thank you for providing this opportunity. An opportunity that you definitely don't have to provide. Sorry to hear about the paypal fees, hope you can find a way to avoid that next time.

• Friendly
Reactions: Aniv
I read somewhere (probably r/Steelbooks) that Collectong allocates a certain amount for GBs based on the performance of the previous title. Seeing how that last title was Matrix: Resurrection... it clearly underperformed.

If I am wrong, somebody please educate me; lead me to the correct path. :naughty:

Learn Back To School GIF by Originals
It underperformed by selling out almost 2 months before release?

Reactions: Halo500
It underperformed by selling out almost 2 months before release?
Sorry, I defintely could've explained that better. By "underperforming" I meant how the title did not sell out like hot cakes (in GBs and direct) compared to more recent Manta Lab releases (and based on the GB here, for this title as well) due to the low level of enthusiasm surrounding the title due to the film having a less favorable reception compared to the original trilogy (or the first Matrix if you don't like the sequels). Yes, you're correct, it did eventually sell out.

I'm assuming that your response to my reply indicates that what I heard about how Collectong allocates quantities for GBs is correct? :confused:

Last edited:
Sorry, I defintely could've explained that better. By "underperforming" I meant how the title did not sell out like hot cakes (in GBs and direct) compared to more recent Manta Lab releases due to the low level of enthusiasm surrounding the title due to the film having a less favorable reception compared to the original trilogy (or the first Matrix if you don't like the sequels). Yes, you're correct, it did eventually sell out.

I'm assuming that your response to my reply indicates that what I heard about how Collectong allocates quantities for GBs is correct? :confused:
I honestly have no idea but I don’t think print runs would be decided by how quickly a previous title sells through or not. I know there are studio dictated thresholds for how many copies have to exist for a WEA vs WWA but I don’t know specifics and that’s just what I’ve gleaned over the years. There are much more informed people than me on here about this stuff.

Ah just seen I was refunded. Yeah the form was new to me and a pita on my phone while at a Father’s Day bbq. Obviously a bit slow but hey ho. Will try direct.

Expect I’d have managed to get one if I was on my laptop but definitely wasn’t expecting that form. Assume it’s new?

I went for the FS as I already have the DL art as a devoted steel and slip.

Thanks for the GB Aniv, especially with all the other work you're doing with organising the shipping of other GBs at the same time.

• Friendly
Reactions: Aniv
Had I missed this I would have blamed Fathers Day. I almost missed it while preparing the grille for my carnivore dad.
I wanted to serve rice cakes but, no, my freaking dad wanted beef and chicken. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: WKRP
I will put the celebration on hold, then. I have family members here who were ready to carry me on their shoulders for a victory lap around my house. I have told them to stand down and stand by.

I told my uncle about this situation. He's a retired judge who mentally is not all there. He told me he has issued a cease and desist order to stop people from trying to purchase editions. I hugged him for his good intentions and sat him in a comfy leather chair. He's asleep now.
How many poor captives you got at your compound, playing your sick games, maniac!
skynd-creepy.gif

Obi Wan Kenobi Reaction GIF by Star Wars

Welcome to HDN, btw:thanks:
That's a new guy? He's more sensible, than some here! Welcome then, @hellothere1138 indeed!

Compared to the group buy, does anyone know how quickly the Manta Lab shop usually sells out for things like this? I mean, if they have quantity of 1000 compared to the group buy quantity (didn't someone mentioned 20 per edition?), surely it would at least last a 10 minutes or so...enough for people who really want one to get one? Or is that just naivety?
Less than 15 seconds for a title like this. 80% chance you won't get something like DL here.

Yeah sure is a joke for you. Maybe you should read the posts before yours. You got your money back in full and I am out of fees from pocket.

CLICK HERE

Could you buy both, a One-click, and individual slips? At least one guy on the list managed to get everything!

Maybe this is another kick toward old school GBs. Surely that’s easier. Shouldn’t of ever changed imo
Exactly! Better for everyone.

To be honest, none of the slips really say wow to me. Safest bet was the DL.

Maybe it's better to avoid the DL altogether and get the FS to avoid missing out on all editions because of my stubbornness with the DL? :confused:
That's what I'm thinking now, as well.
Or SL maybe.
Aniv meant to coordinate with Wreck regarding changing the payment method to accept other forms - such as Apple Pay - which aren’t buggy but between each one’s schedule, it didn’t happen this time.
Better Amazon Pay! Or at least any credit/debit card, like @apsmith21 Group buys!

I didn’t get one and personally I’m not mad about it, at all. I’ll try to buy one direct. If I get one, cool. If not, so be it. But I think I’m past the collecting phase of really caring if I miss out, which makes all of this less stressful.
Right, the more I have in my collection, the less I'm fussed about more, especially when most new stuff sucks.
I'm more excited about a Wild Things release from Arrow, or upcoming Dog Soldiers from Second Sight.

Reactions: JGCramp and Halo500
How can he not only care about himself? He can’t see anyone else’s orders. He’s only going to speak for himself with his own order being cancelled.

And I bet others are fuming. But a little too scared to actually mention anything

The stupidity on some people blows my mind

He can't be he is not the only one in this situation. Could be a little more understanding but he is not.
And to say the least - he never uses this GB as he said himself. :)
So no reason to be "pissed" right :)
Plenty of "other" places to get it.

Hi @Aniv

I hope you are keeping well, and not too tired...

Yesterday evening, I posted a message in order to thank you for the GB.
Unfortunately, reluctantly, I can't do that...
Basically, I received the confirmation that I purchased 1 One-Click Edition.
(exactly what I do wish to purchase... I was really really glad!)
I finally had good news because I am in a very complicated situation

And, two hours late, suddenly I received the refund of this One-Click...
I was totally disappointed, disgusted and really, really too sad...
I know those are the rules, but it’s really, really cruel...

I know you do your best and thanks a lot for that!

Anyway, I wish you all the best and a very nice day!
(as far as I'm concerned, my night and this day are totally wasted...)

Anyway, sincere greetings!

Have a nice day!

One more point towards going back to the old style reply Group Buys.
If PayPal fees are still 3.49% + $0.49, Aniv lost $275 off of 53 refunds, so basically 'broke even' with remaining sales, working for free on this one.
Of course even with text based group buys there'll be someone disappointed, replying on the 14th page with overall allocation of 80 copies, but better, than this hassle.

To be honest, none of the slips really say wow to me. Safest bet was the DL.

owen wilson wow GIF

I'm wondering if I should even attempt to nab a DL from Collectong directly... as time has gone by I've grown to like the FS more than the SL.

Maybe it's better to avoid the DL altogether and get the FS to avoid missing out on all editions because of my stubbornness with the DL? :confused:
That was my exact thinking with this group buy. I checked out the number of page views before each edition went live. Full slip and lenticular were 100 views each and double lenti was over 500 views. If you want to guarantee a copy I would stay away from the double lenti.

Yeah. To be honest, I was kinda glad my Full Slip was cancelled and refunded. I made a consolation purchase of the Full Slip but instantly felt dissatisfied because I wanted the Double Lenticular. So if I strike out on the DL this coming Friday, I’m gonna have to cross my fingers for a HD Zeta Net version that hopefully wows me.

One more point towards going back to the old style reply Group Buys.
If PayPal fees are still 3.49% + $0.49, Aniv lost $275 off of 53 refunds, so basically 'broke even' with remaining sales, working for free on this one.
Of course even with text based group buys there'll be someone disappointed, replying on the 14th page with overall allocation of 80 copies, but better, than this hassle.

Out $425.l32 lol on this one. HDN will take care of me this time and we will work on other solution that is not paypal for future GB's.

People obviously didnt know and they were still buying more singles and OC's while I was refunding them as the system was again putting them back in stock. Which is why I had to increase the price to a crazy account to stop ppl from purchasing.

Could you buy both, a One-click, and individual slips? At least one guy on the list managed to get everything!

Who is that guy? I haven't checked yet. All editions will be cancelled for clearly not following rules and will be transitioned to next person who tried to get that edition but was refunded.

Reactions: crib79 and Halo500