Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: October 17th, 2016
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £17.99
HDN Group Buy: HERE (hosted by Naughtius Maximus)

1.jpg

2.jpg
3.jpg
1.png

Last edited:
A couple of places showing this new artwork and although not in keeping with the perfect artwork for the first film it's a considerable improvement over the TBC and the best cover for this film on home video that I've seen so far:-

162805_front.jpg
conjuring-2-Steelbook-Blu-ray-ediiton-collector-integrale-1-et-2.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: chunk
Glad this new artwork is now confirmed for the steelbook.(phew) . . an indoors composition that brings to mind somehat the outdoors composition of #1 and very clever it is too (sash window and curtain/tree, chair/house, lamp/hanging rope ;) ).

Good idea to relegate the crappy temp artwork to the Amaray edition and not the steelbook :thumbs:

By "cool embossing" I'm expecting this steel to have:
- Embossed title.
- Embossed net curtain and "wraith".

If matching the composition of the original steelbook for THE CONJURING the standard lamp will be embossed (standard lamp on #2, hanging rope on #1).

Also I'm thinking a Matte varnish finish is on the cards.

Last edited:
Reactions: lgans316
Perfect. That steelbook is a winner for me. Both demons in the artwork. Now the FAC fullslip with the Warrens on it would finish it off nicely. Followed by a lenti of valaks painting doing something creepy.

My missus is all over this. We enjoyed it, nothing original but very well put together and effective at most of what it does. Quite liked that the hoax was incorporated in the plot. The steelbook mish mashes elements from the film but it works well.

Nice steelbook. Terrible movie. Terrible cor blimey english accents. Based on a hoax aswel.
Lol, that's how people speak in parts of London, and more so people brought up and born and bred in London in the 70s with such a flooded accent. Where do you think the stereotypes come from? :rolleyes:

• Thanks
Reactions: InAFalsetto
Terrible cor blimey english accents. .
Completely agree and maybe #10 on this list ?

http://www.shortlist.com/entertainment/films/worst-british-accents-in-film

. . . although plenty of other accents that just sound so awfully unnatural including these other contenders for "Worst British or Cockney Accent in Films" such as Mel Gibson as a glove puppet in THE BEAVER (yes, setiously!), Don Cheadle in OCEAN'S 11, 12 &13, Ewen Macgregor in CASSANDRAS'S DREAM, Christian Bale in THE PRESTIGE, Charlie Hunnam in GREEN STREET, Audrey Hepburn in MY FAIR LADY, Heather Graham FROM HELL and so on.

Last edited:
Yeah iv got family in london and spent alot of my teen summer holidays down in london. Yet non talk like this film. Thats including people in theres 40s 50s 60s and 70s.
Hell my granddad is from enfield and sounds nothing like that haha.
In the movie the voices on the young girls were terrible. But then again they are american.
Stereotypes come from 1950s films and have never left. Tally ho and what not old boy. Bad teeth the lot.
On a side note someone mentioned charlie hunnham and his green street voice. Yes it was bad bless him. But the poor blokes voice is totally mangled now he hasnt got a real voice. Thats show business. His geordie accent is all but gone now (if he had a scene with chibs in soa a few words sounded geordie)
Canny lad aswel.

Finally watched this and although I enjoyed it, it's ruined by one or two moments.
And It's not as good as the first

Also on the accent. I didn't have a problem with most of the cast except the mum and her mate neighbour so I'm assuming the annoyance is with those 2? The kids seemed fine and the guy from Munich too (who is English anyway)

The mum sounded like a northerner putting on bad cockney

Liked the amityville horror added to the story, loved the fact they put the whole hoax thing into the story and I like the whole it's still true aspect.
Patrick and Vera were awesome - both great actors and actresses anyway

And some of the scares were well done with the style of filming too- particulay the amityville killing scene and the talking to the demon when she's sitting in the chair and they all have to look away - the blur transforming into the old boy was very well done and also the scene in his art room when you see the nun shaddow and painting. That painting was scary with the eyes

BUT.....

It's ruined by that awful scene when the dog turns into jack skeleton!!!!!!! And when it reappears with the creepy fake galaxy quest style teeth and top hat. That really annoyed me and my mate

Although those scenes I mention was annoying I am hoping for a third because for modern comercial horrors these are made quite well

• Thanks
Reactions: chunk