Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: October 17th, 2016
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £17.99
HDN Group Buy: HERE (hosted by Naughtius Maximus)

1.jpg

2.jpg
3.jpg
1.png

Last edited:
What's HMV got to do with it? Warner are the culprits here!
Not only is it a lacklustre finish but no bossing and the spine is so out of place from the first film they may as well have gone with floaty heads like a Disney special.
I'm starting to get tired of Steelbook.com's false information in their specs info on their site.

It's happening way to often now that they put up specs for a steelbook and they're simply not true.

I don't know if it's a way to try and pre-sell more copies, or if some unforseen changes have to be made AFTER somethings been agreed between studio and retailer. But it gets your hopes up only for them to be dashed when you receive a cheaper product than originally advertised :(

Yes, artwork is first rate throughout and complemented by what I'm taking to be a Zero finish - certainly not a dull matte judging by the light reflections seen in the unboxing below and thankfully not a fingerprint magnet.
However very, very disappointed by the absence of embossing . . . not even on the title :(

Not wild about a couple of other things too:
- The small print on the front of the steelbook top and bottom
- The single colour disc - black in this case - which although better than the regular blue colour could have been so improved with a picture (see SPOILER)

Strange that the SLIPCOVER of one of the AMARAY EDITIONS that I've seen in an unboxing is embossed beautifully on the nun, the rosary and the title which kind of echoes the original CONJURING steelbook with the embossed title on both editions and the embossed hanging rosary reminding me of the embossed hanging rope:-
]
158191_large.jpg
upload_2016-10-17_2-36-54.jpeg
upload_2016-10-17_2-37-22.jpeg

Regarding the embossed slipcover
. . . and regarding the disc itself: just about any one one of these would have been better than the single colour disc we've been given (IMO):-

Anyway, came across this wordless unboxing which I feel gives a fair idea of what to expect:-

Last edited:
After Jurrasic World, this ist the second time steelbook.com posted false informations on their website. They definitely should hire someone who knows the meaning of the terms. Or maybe they did it on purpose to boost sales. I don't know.
For that price, easy pass. VERY disappointing.

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
This morning I picked up what seemed to be the only copy in my local Fopp store.
Its disappointing the finish isn't the same as the Zavvi release for the 1st film but at least the artwork is pretty creepy.

• Thanks
Reactions: PadreKarras
Been this price for about a week

I do want it but I think it will hit £9.99 or even lower

Been this price for about a week

I do want it but I think it will hit £9.99 or even lower

Fair enough, but it's annoying to see HMV to do that. I'd expect someone like Zavvi to list an item in the Sales with no further price reductions.

With that said, I think the price is good enough for me. Always a gamble on whether they sell out during sales.

Reactions: Flloydo
Fair enough, but it's annoying to see HMV to do that. I'd expect someone like Zavvi to list an item in the Sales with no further price reductions.

With that said, I think the price is good enough for me. Always a gamble on whether they sell out during sales.

It's rarer for Hmv to have a price drop so soon but they have done it before on quite a few steels

Is a good price but I'm really not a fan of the finish compared to the first steel and was hoping someone else would get a different design but that time has passed I suppose. For now

I was umming and arring the other day and it's still in my basket but I'm not sure.

I was actually hoping this and x men apocalypse would be in the 2 for £25 and then id happily bite.
I think x men will drop soon so maybe that will happen

It's rarer for Hmv to have a price drop so soon but they have done it before on quite a few steels

Is a good price but I'm really not a fan of the finish compared to the first steel and was hoping someone else would get a different design but that time has passed I suppose. For now

I was umming and arring the other day and it's still in my basket but I'm not sure.

I was actually hoping this and x men apocalypse would be in the 2 for £25 and then id happily bite.
I think x men will drop soon so maybe that will happen

Do you really wanna take the chance of it selling out to save 49p in a 2 for £25 sale?

• Thanks
Reactions: Actarus
Do you really wanna take the chance of it selling out to save 49p in a 2 for £25 sale?

Ah, you looking at it wrong, it means you get x men for the same price. Which is half price.

They have done this before with a fox 3D steel and standard £17.99 steel

And there is currently nothing I want for when they finally do a 2 for £25 and include appocaypse (just fingers crossed they do it this time)

• Thanks
Reactions: chunk
Ah, you looking at it wrong, it means you get x men for the same price. Which is half price.

They have done this before with a fox 3D steel and standard £17.99 steel

And there is currently nothing I want for when they finally do a 2 for £25 and include appocaypse (just fingers crossed they do it this time)

That did occur to me but then I thought that getting this for £12.99 just in case it sells out at that price supersedes the possibility of the x-men being marked as 2 for £25 and the added chance that the conjuring 2 doesn't sell out before that time and does in fact join the x men in a 2 for £25 offer.

It's the kind of thing that would happen to me, I make the choice to wait for the possible offer and it would've sold out while I waited.. or I pay full price for something and its on offer a week later.. it's really annoying for us collectors cos most of the time we don't know the print run or the number of available stock that's left, so we have to make blind choices and then we win some then lose some:banghead::confused:

I hope it stays in stock for you, it's nice to get a bargain for all the money we spend on these steels:thumbs: I also hope apocalypse goes on sale.. I've not got that yet:D

• Thanks
Reactions: Actarus and Flloydo
I recently bought it. I like it but unfortunately it hasn't the embossed frame like the steelbook of the first movie. My favorite steelbooks of the "Conjuverse" are The nun and The conjuring. Also La Llorona it's a very beautiful steelbook (the german one), more beautiful than the movie itself.