The Conjuring (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Apr 15, 2011
Oxfordshire, UK
Release date: 9 December 2013
Price: £17.49
Purchase link: The Conjuring
Notes: Zavvi Exclusive Steelbook limited to 4000 copies. Includes matt emboss finish with embossed title treatment and noose.
Warner=should be region free.

conjuring further pics.jpg

Current arwork on site

10837105-1375270443-294058.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 476
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm actually grateful when Zavvi release a film I have no interest in - as it gives my wallet a nice rest (for a week or so).

Still I've no doubt plenty of people will snap this up, the world would be pretty dull if we all liked the same things. So no doubt horror fans will be all over this.

It's not that obscure, it was top of the US box office last week and has grossed more than $80m in 10 days. Also its from the guy who made Saw.

The obscurity for me is that this will end up with a single disc probably. There will be well appointed collectors editions announced. IMO if I was a fan of any movie, content is a deal breaker for me. IM3, Monsters University, Little Mermaid, finding nemo e.t.c just don't cut it for me. So many other steelbook releases worldwide provide me the satisfaction that once in hand, it will be the only copy I need because it is well put together.

So this is another 1 disc £23.99 release we have to look forward to. I'm going to see the movie at the weekend, but even if I like it I doubt I will pay this price for it's Blu-ray.

Thinking of going to see this movie this weekend. I heard it was pretty scary. I may get this, but I'm holding out hope that the US gets a steelbook!

The obscurity for me is that this will end up with a single disc probably. There will be well appointed collectors editions announced. IMO if I was a fan of any movie, content is a deal breaker for me. IM3, Monsters University, Little Mermaid, finding nemo e.t.c just don't cut it for me. So many other steelbook releases worldwide provide me the satisfaction that once in hand, it will be the only copy I need because it is well put together.

A new release is completely different to back catalogue releases and Disney titles. Maybe it is time to stop tarring every release with your Zavvi hating brush?

Only 11 people of said yes they want this you made it sound like it was hundreds
:hilarious:

If every Steelbook collector from around the World had voted on that poll, you may have had a valid point.

Given the relative box office success this was bound to get a Steelbook, imo, especially because it's a new release-poll or no poll, LOL:)

Given the relative box office success this was bound to get a Steelbook, imo, especially because it's a new release-poll or no poll, LOL:)

I think it's unusual this has gotten the Steelbook treatment. (I'm not complaining though!)

What about all the previous horror movies that have done well at the Box Office recently?

The Possession, Sinister, Insidious, Mama..... to name but a few.

I would love if some of these titles got a Steelbook release also. More Horror's please :p

I fail to understand why new releases are different. A release is a release and each will have pros and con's. You throw around the label "Zavvi hater" in every thread when people are critical about any Zavvi release, yet this goes on in every other thread like people complaining about German and French titles e.t.c. STOP HATE MONGERING

You are assuming that it will be one disc based on no evidence at all. Zavvi haven't released a new Warner title yet, so it remains to be seen what they will offer and for what price.