The Conjuring (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Apr 15, 2011
Oxfordshire, UK
Release date: 9 December 2013
Price: £17.49
Purchase link: The Conjuring
Notes: Zavvi Exclusive Steelbook limited to 4000 copies. Includes matt emboss finish with embossed title treatment and noose.
Warner=should be region free.

conjuring further pics.jpg

Current arwork on site

10837105-1375270443-294058.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 477
Last edited by a moderator:
You are assuming that it will be one disc based on no evidence at all. Zavvi haven't released a new Warner title yet, so it remains to be seen what they will offer and for what price.

Why should anyone believe this is going to be different as Zavvi have had releases from different studios and most are 1 disc releases regardless of studio. Its OK to be hopeful but history suggests most of their releases lack content. Just saying

I think it's unusual this has gotten the Steelbook treatment. (I'm not complaining though!)

What about all the previous horror movies that have done well at the Box Office recently?

The Possession, Sinister, Insidious, Mama..... to name but a few.

I would love if some of these titles got a Steelbook release also. More Horror's please :p

Blu-I agree, I think traditionally certain types of movies were covered by 'limited' or 'special editions', especially Steelbooks. But this has slowly expanded over the years. I am sure if it sells well other Horror titles could get considered. I think this one created buzz for a number of reasons, as did Insidious...so I think we could see more down the line. Fingers crossed for horror/paranormal fans, etc:) And Warner has taken some steps to release some already as well (Exorcist, Nightmare on Elm Street)....I think it just takes a studio willing to take a chance, and the right combo of box office success and fan enthusiasm.

Last edited:
Why should anyone believe this is going to be different as Zavvi have had releases from different studios and most are 1 disc releases regardless of studio. Its OK to be hopeful but history suggests most of their releases lack content. Just saying

History suggests that as far as new releases go, Disney titles will be one disc and StudioCanal releases will be 'double play' editions with one Blu-ray Disc and one DVD. There is no history of new Warner releases with Zavvi, so there's nothing to base your opinion on.

I'm guessing this will end up being £17.99 tops. Horror is one of those genres were the films hit bargain bucket status regardless of quality so fast it hurts. They'd be daft to do a big print run of this and even at 4,000 I'm doubtful preorders would sell out. It's hugely popular in its genre but not as much in terms of the usual big releases. Still, looking forward to seeing the film this weekend but not really for buying. Hardly any horror stands up to repeat watching as it is.

Reactions: MRD
Saw this last night. I enjoyed it and i'm not a fan of haunted house films. However i'm not sure its got a rewatchable factor to it. Though that could just be that i'm not a fan of these types of films. Its been one of the better ones in the last few years but i think i'll skip this!

This is actually rated R and it was stated this is due to shear terror. Back on topic...

Hopefully seeing this weekend and will then decide if I purchase the steel.

*googles*

ok my bad :emb:

funny tho, i did a search like 2 days ago and it said it was rated PG-13 in USA on Apples movie trailer site? perhaps usa has a different cut for home release?

UK rating still a mom friendly 15 tho :movie:

I been mega excited about this since October last year!
I love James Wan and everything I heard about it is awesome.
Am seeing it this Saturday,
If this is £18 or less I will buy it for sure.