The Conjuring (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Apr 15, 2011
Oxfordshire, UK
Release date: 9 December 2013
Price: £17.49
Purchase link: The Conjuring
Notes: Zavvi Exclusive Steelbook limited to 4000 copies. Includes matt emboss finish with embossed title treatment and noose.
Warner=should be region free.

conjuring further pics.jpg

Current arwork on site

10837105-1375270443-294058.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 478
Last edited by a moderator:
Going to see this next week, really like the artwork so if I like the film I'll pick this up!

The unnecessary text was removed from the Byzantium mockup so hopefully the same can happen here. "Based on the true case file of the Warrens" is not really necessary as part of a steelbook design.

The price itself puts me off even considering this one... £24 for Iron Man 3 is already too much IMO but £29.99... this is purely ridiculous...
Absolutely agree on both prices £24 for a basic im3 package get a grip zavvi now this at £30 starting to take the pi** a bit.

If there plan is to give people the feeling there being ripped off it's working if they keep this up there's not going to be any point me even going on to there site any more.

Id never pay these prices soon they'll start to loose custom people won't put up with this long as it is stands now a lot import because prices are better and the package can't be any worse that the zavvi 1 disc.

I'm actually quite looking forward to seeing the film myself and the Steelbook's not too bad. As long as it's not a horror advertised purely around it's 'scare factor' and doesn't attract a load of dumbbums who sit behind you and moronically go "IS THIS REAL HUHUHUH" then I'm interested in seeing it.

The artwork looks great, pretty high on price though and would have been even better without the "Based on the true case file of the Warrens" as mentioned already.

Yeah, this looks like temp art, in terms of not being the final mockup. Hopefully some of this gets removed. Right now it still looks like a 'marketing' cover...from what I read they are hoping to launch a series based on the Warren's cases, so I guessing that's one of the reasons the byline remains there. If we get any updated art, we'll post:)

Reactions: IRON MAN
I knew i wasn't seeing things:

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/wb/theconjuring/

Apple still say this is PG-13 - which would make more sense than an R, as PG-13 normally equals 15 rating (or 12A) in uk which is what it got here. :squint:
It's a mistake. It's definitely rated R. Just Google "The Conjuring MPAA rating".

Which doesn't make any difference, really. "Insidious" and "Drag Me to Hell" were rated PG-13 and went away with a lot of stuff.