The Dark Knight (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release date: TBA
Purchase link: TBA
Price: TBA

263A730F-512E-4EDC-8C62-8837BED909FE.jpeg

WB is totally getting onto Lionsgate's thing here - will be interesting to see if more of these will pop up from WB.
If the finish is decent and the price also 20 bucks this might be worth considering, even though the steel art is baffling. If it would just have been the face without that weird stylization it would have been fine.
Concerning the finish, haven't there been several glossy steels from WB this past year? At least in the US I mean - in Europe it has unfortunately been a different matter...

Anyway - I need a 4k steelbook of this, so this might be a fallback option in case Blufans won't work out and I'm sitting there crying into my melting B&J's ice cream cup.

The regular amaray 4k has a list price of $23.99

Certainly suspicious this will follow "new release" pricing of WB at $34.99

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Felix_ro
Kinda feel like this would look way better without
a) the logo on the steel & the slip.
b) that weird dotted effect they have going on on the left side of the steel.

I'll buy this but I hope the steel with a slipcover for a mask trend doesn't keep happening. AP, T2 and this within a couple of months of each other.

b) that weird dotted effect they have going on on the left side of the steel.

It's stylized to look like low res newspaper print. Maybe supposed to remind of old black and white newspaper comic strips. Looks bad anyway.
I have 2 steels, will just put a UHD disc in one of them. Or get a better edition.

marvel wave would be cool too!

spidey, antman, starlord, maybe a bit kiddish tho ...

but a neat one would be lenticular underneath ... something horror, where the eyes then open so kinda scary like ...

I rather like it. I get the effect they are going for on the steelbook and it works just fine for me - but my opinion will likely change if it’s streaky matte.