The Dark Knight Rises - In theaters July 20, 2012

Horhay

ホルヘ
Jan 27, 2009
San Pedro, CA
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

Tagline: The Legend Ends

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Crime[/GENRE], [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Christopher Nolan[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Christian Bale[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Michael Caine[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Gary Oldman[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Anne Hathaway[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tom Hardy[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Marion Cotillard[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Joseph Gordon-Levitt[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Morgan Freeman[/ACTOR]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]165[/RUNTIME]

Plot: Following the death of District Attorney Harvey Dent, Batman assumes responsibility for Dent's crimes to protect the late attorney's reputation and is subsequently hunted by the Gotham City Police Department. Eight years later, Batman encounters the mysterious Selina Kyle and the villainous Bane, a new terrorist leader who overwhelms Gotham's finest. The Dark Knight resurfaces to protect a city that has branded him an enemy.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
dEYnvnUfXrqvqeRSqvIEtmzhoA8.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Batman.jpg
From IMDB:

Old info:
The fact that there will be another Batman film in Christopher Nolan’s presumptive trilogy is assumed by just about everyone, despite the fact that there has been no formal announcement of the film. But in the runup to the release of Nolan’s Inception, which opens on July 16, there is already some talk about what the next Batman film might look like.

Wally Pfister is the cinematographer responsible for all of Christopher Nolan’s features from Memento on, and his photography was one of the things I liked best about The Dark Knight. He captured Chicago-as-Gotham with a simplicity and clarity that was very uncharacteristic of most superhero films. Now he’s talking about possibilities for the third film, including the option of 3D. Hint: don’t expect Batman 3D.

Cinematical spoke to Pfister when the Dallas Film Society presented him with the Star Award for accomplishments in cinematography. The site promises a full interview in which Pfister explains the “mutual disinterest” he and Christopher Nolan have for 3D. But they do quote him saying,
What Chris and I have talked about is doing something cool and something interesting…Brad Bird was [saying] ‘you’ve got to shoot the whole thing in IMAX!’ I was like, yeah, I’ve talked to Chris about that.

There’s also another comment, which seems to refer to shooting more of this upcoming film in IMAX:

But I think Chris is game for doing something interesting like that, Lord knows that the 3-D fad might pass by the time that summer comes around.

AICN, meanwhile, got a few more of Pfister’s comments from a tipster. Both the cinematographer and Nolan are disinterested in digital cinematography and very much prefer to shoot on film. That’s the root of their disinterest in 3D, which Pfister said is “great for like amusement park rides like the ‘Honey I Shrunk The Kids’ ride at Disneyland.” Pfister also called 3D a distraction and not realistic.

The appeal of IMAX and the disinterest in 3D both come from that love of shooting on film. While 3D lacks realism, shooting in IMAX has huge latitude, and captures incredible detail. The downside to IMAX is that the cameras are bulky and loud, and the format is expensive.

FYI, Batman on Film is saying that Warner Bros. will officially announce the third Batman film in July. Which isn’t that much of a deductive leap, as Nolan hasn’t been interested in talking about Batman while he finishes Inception, and that movie is released in July. Plus, there’s that little Comic Con gathering in San Diego. So expect more news in July.

/Film http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/04/21...-pfister-talks-batman-3-and-3d/#ixzz0llqYzWTi

Can't wait!
the-dark-knight-rises-teaser-poster.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
so it says they won't use any joker footage,i bet you they will surprise us like "AWSOME!!!" with the joker in a scene & people will be rushing out to tell everybody about it later on

I don't think we need to "see" Joker in the movie. Maybe just have a conversation between Batman and Gordon about how things have changed since Joker brought the crime families together. Mention his treatment and security measures in Arkham Asylum and leave it at that. One thing I liked how Nolan tied the movies together was the Joker card at the end of Begins, and the brief scene with the Scarecrow in Dark Knight.

Tom Hardy's Character In The Dark Knight Rises REVEALED!

Along with the AMAZING news that director Christopher Nolan has cast Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle (AKA Catwoman) in the upcoming Dark Knight Rises, he's also revealed that Tom Hardy, whose villanous character has been the subject to speculation for month, will be playing the character of Bane!

Many may remember his appearance in the abysmal Batman & Robin, but for those of you who are lucky to be unfamiliar with that film, Bane is an escaped prisoner who becomes freakishly strong after being pumped with all kinds of insane drugs. In the comic, he is notorious for breaking Batman's spinal cord.

Nolan revealed in a statement:

“I am delighted to be working with Tom again and excited to watch him bring to life our new interpretation of one of Batman’s most formidable enemies.”

as mentioned above

Anne Hathaway Cast To Play Catwoman In The Dark Knight Rises!!!!

It's been confirmed that Anne Hathaway will be portraying Selina Kyle (aka Catwoman) in Chris Nolan's final Batman flick, The Dark Night Rises. When reached for comment, Chris raved about having Anne on board, saying:

“I am thrilled to have the opportunity to work with Anne Hathaway, who will be a fantastic addition to our ensemble as we complete our story.”

I think Anne Hathaway is hot. Kind of surprised they are going with Bane though.

Anne-Hathaway.jpg

Last edited:
I am glad Anne was chosen-been looking forward to seing her play a "bad" character. Good for her! I love Tom Hardy since Inception-awesome news!

I think Anne Hathaway is hot. Kind of surprised they are going with Bane though.

Anne-Hathaway.jpg

To be honest Bane is the only name that wasn't thrown out to be a villain in the 3rd movie.but where either one of these characters said to be the main villain or just side people.

I know right, i would have went with Anna Lynne McCord from the get go new young actress great body and plays sexy roles really well.This just shows how Hollywood goes now... pisses me off:angry:

I completely disagree. Just because a woman shows her tits and prances around in her panties doesn't make her a good actress, nor does it make her appropriate for an action film... i.e. Megan Fox... UGH!

I'm fine with Anne being chosen because she can actually act. Nolan isn't making crap Michael Bay films, he's making psychological action films, look how many people complained when Heath was cast as The Joker...

I think she'll do just fine.

I am glad Anne was chosen-been looking forward to seing her play a "bad" character. Good for her! I love Tom Hardy since Inception-awesome news!

I agree. I can't wait to see what both of them do. I'm stoked he chose to include Bane in this film opposed to a villain that we all expected...

Joseph Gordon-Levitt's Dark Knight Role Revealed!

Joseph Gordon-Levitt is set to appear in the upcoming movie The Dark Knight Rises, but he will not be playing The Joker, Robin, or Night Wing, as previously speculated.

He'll actually be playing a new villain who is connected to the first film Batman Begins. Sources say:

"Well he has signed on to the film in a villainous role previously undisclosed until now. Levitt will be portraying Alberto Falcone aka the Holiday Killer.

He is the estranged son of former mob boss Carmine Falcone (portrayed by Tom Wilkinson in Batman Begins) who returns to Gotham to take over the underworld once fiercly ruled by his father before the arrival of Batman."

Can't wait for this film. Can't believe they have Catwoman tho, her story is uninteresting to me. Can't wait to see Bane in action. Hope they didn't make him stupid and have just brute strength and no brain.

No Liam Neeson For Dark Knight Rises

Looks like Liam Neeson is someone we can add to the list of things we know about the Dark Knight Rises, in the form of him not returning for it!

Nope, Neeson has said that Ra's al Ghul won't be in it, and that he hasn't even been contacted. If he were to get contacted, however, he would be on that as fast as possible!

Here's what the actor had to say:

“That rumour’s totally not true. In the comic books, Ra’s Al Ghul goes into a life bath of some sort and immerses himself to become immortal. So that’s probably where that comes from. But no-one’s approached me with an offer. I’d like to if it happens.”

Joseph Gordon Levitt CONFIRMED As The Holiday Killer In The Dark Knight Rises!

Joseph Gordon-Levitt has officially signed on to appear in Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises, and will be taking on the role he was previously speculated to have as Alberto Falcone AKA The Holiday Killer, who is the estranged son of Tom Wilkinson's Mafia head honcho Carmine Falcone from Batman Begins!

As we previously explained:

"He returns to Gotham to take over the underworld once fiercly ruled by his father before the arrival of Batman."

Despite confirmation from Warner Brothers, sources close to production are also revealing that indie actress Juno Temple, who appeared in Atonement and Kaboom, has been picked up in a supporting role as a "street-smart Gotham girl."

Is he or isn't he? Joseph Gordon Levitt joins 'Dark Knight Rises'... but not as Falcone

Joseph Gordon-Levitt, long-rumored to be joining his Inception brethren in The Dark Knight Rises, will appear in director Christopher Nolan’s third Batman film. But a source close to the situation says that recent reports that Gordon-Levitt will play Alberto Falcone (a.k.a. the Holiday Killer) — the son of former mob kingpin, Carmine Falcone (Tom Wilkinson) — are incorrect. So, Batman fans: Begin the re-speculation now!

Per Screenrant:

Christopher Nolan’s conclusion to his extremely popular (and critically-acclaimed) Batman trilogy, The Dark Knight Rises, has been in the news so much over the past year alone that it’s kind of shocking to hear it’s only just begun production.

Principal photography has indeed commenced on Nolan’s much-anticipated comic book project, which has prompted speculation to no end about who the villains are, what the plot encompasses, and how exactly Dark Knight Rises could possibly be even bigger and better than The Dark Knight.

Today, we’ve put together a handy report on everything we know for sure about Batman 3 and what rumors are still circling the project.

SIDE NOTE: Click on any of the links in the list of info below to learn more about that particular subject.

-

Shooting Locations

Here is what we know for certain about where Nolan and his crew will be shooting Dark Knight Rises:

Chicago won’t be “playing” Gotham this time around - Pittsburgh is taking its place.
London and the Indian city of Jodphur will be used in the film as well. How they will be used is unknown.
Amateur photos taken from the film’s India production have already kicked off heavy speculation about whether the mystical Lazarus Pit will factor into the plot.

Returning Cast Members

Next we will discusst who exactly will be appearing in Dark Knight Rises:

Franchise veterans Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, and Morgan Freeman are all returning to reprise their respective roles from Nolan’s previous Batman films.
The only other returning actor is Nestor Carbonell, who will reprise his Dark Knight role as the Mayor of Gotham city.
New Cast Members

Things really start to get interesting when you look at the new cast members who have been added to The Dark Knight Rises:

Tom Hardy will play the villain Bane.
Anne Hathaway is playing Catwoman (though how good or bad she’ll be is not yet known).
Joseph Gordon-Levitt is playing Detective John Blake – a new character created for Nolan’s film.
Marion Cotillard is playing Miranda Tate – though her character may have a secret identity which would tie Batman 3 to both The Dark Knight AND Batman Begins.
Dark Knight Rises Plot Rumors

Several rumors (none of them confirmed yet) have popped up over the months about certain aspects of the Dark Knight Rises‘ storyline, including:

A potential explanation of Bane’s Origins in the film.
How the League of Shadows may figure into the main plot of the film.
Actor Josh Pence is playing a younger version of Ra’s al Ghul (the villain in Batman Begins).
Israeli actor Alon Aboutboul will play a “mad scientist” in the movie. Whether or not that scientist is the villain Hugo Strange is unknown.
We do know that Batman 3 will bring Nolan’s trilogy full circle – though exactly how it will do that is currently unknown.
-

This is all we know for certain at this point in time, though in the coming months more information will surely be revealed. We’ll update this post as needed, all while keeping you updated about the latest developments .

In the end, all will at last be revealed when The Dark Knight Rises in theaters on July 20th, 2012.