The Ebay Seller/Policies Discussion Thread

Apr 26, 2012
UK,south yorkshire
Q) What is the purpose of this thread?
A) To discuss Ebay policies/issues

Q) Where can i find the Ebay Presale Policy?
A) Click HERE

Q) Can a HDN Trade mod help me with an Ebay sale/trade issue? Also why is there no 'ebay bad traders' list?
A) Simply put, no. To find out why, ensure you read the following spoiler:
please use this thread as a RESOURCE to ask your fellow members about problems you've had with a reseller or questions about e-bay.

do NOT use this thread to attack or refute other members. if you an e-bay dispute with a member here, perhaps it's best to approach a trading mod before posting? we don't police e-bay, but maybe we can give you a tip or two.

if members ignore these suggestions, then the thread might be locked for a couple of weeks.

thank you.

hey folks,

as a reminder what myself (and other mods) have continued to mention via private message, e-mail and other areas. we do NOT police other trading marketplaces like ebay, youtube, amazon and the rest.

there is ONLY a certain amount of information at our disposal and we do not have the resources in these other locations as we do on this forum - things that we can look at and evaluate.

having said that, there are trading rules on this forum that have been instituted for your own protection for trading transactions that happen HERE.

this includes the pending / active sales threads, the requirement of feedback posted for any new traders, our support ticketing system, the active investigations held by trading moderators and many other things we do not discuss openly.

we have long held that problems occurring on these other forums and marketplaces should be taken the appropriate authorities on THOSE websites.

many of you are established traders here on this forum and you should know all about the guidelines that are stickied in this section - including having new traders send first, getting tracking from the other party and proof of shipment, and what other precautions can be taken to protect your trading safety.

trading via ebay and their messaging system is against their stated policy and should not occur - and there are reasons why they have created that policy. you don't have protection of paypal or their listing system as a buyer or seller.

having said that, if there is trouble with an ebay seller or buyer, you should go to their website and report it there. if you are not aware of this process, follow the below link for more information.

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/buy/report-trading.html

so folks can feel free to chat about a seller or buyer that they are having problems with, but I can tell you right now - there will not be a "witch hunt" by moderators or staff based on one person's account of the problems or trouble they are having - and we limit the action taken for or against members here to transactions that occurred on this forum.

as stated in the thread title of our bad traders list - that list is for FORUM MEMBERS ONLY.

thank you.
Q) Where can i find the HDN Buyer Beware / Bad Traders list?
A) You can find the thread HERE

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone dealt with ebay user louieandlel77?

Be careful, he is a scammer. I was silly enough to agree a trade over ebay. After sending out my leg he just simply ignore my mesaages.

I also suspect he is a member here at HDN...

Sent from my N9500 using Tapatalk 2

Be careful, he is a scammer. I was silly enough to agree a trade over ebay. After sending out my leg he just simply ignore my mesaages.

I also suspect he is a member here at HDN...

Sent from my N9500 using Tapatalk 2

I agreed to trade over ebay as well. Its been two months and have not received anything. He is ignoring my messages now Is there anything that could be done legally to punish this Mirza Shayid? Why was this ebay user not listed in the bad seller list?

I've had no problems when purchasing, but haven't done any trades via messages.

Anyone who does try this I always request they set up an ebay auction once we have agreed a price. That way I'm still covered
Never had anyone refuse yet.

Reactions: apsmith21
Has anyone dealt with ebay user louieandlel77?

Ive bought steels on ebay from them on 3 occasions without a problem but then ive had protection anyway from ebay and paypal so they cant rip me off. I have heard bad stuff before about them but only when trading outside of ebay.

I agreed to trade over ebay as well. Its been two months and have not received anything. He is ignoring my messages now Is there anything that could be done legally to punish this Mirza Shayid? Why was this ebay user not listed in the bad seller list?

Mate, Blackberry had highlighted this ebayer before, maybe not on this thread. I have also been approached before, and I played along with it. Of course I never sent anything, even though I was promised I will be sent something.

Mods, another one falls for the trap. Please refer to my PM to you a week or two ago, on details of this person. Whilst I am fairly certain of the identity of this person, I still respect one's privacy, and I won't name and shame, unless there is a public outcry...

Sent the mods messages. No help from them. They said there have been no scams for this member on this forum. So obviously there protecting the scumbag.

Yeah, I am sure the SB is cackling away when he reads this. He is clearly smart enough to scam people on eBay but not anyone on HDN. I wrote to the mods in good faith too, to prevent him from casting his net into HDN. Maybe their hands are tied coz his scams are not executed in HDN. But i dont really agree with that thinking. Oh well...

Anyone who wants to know his identity here on HDN, PM me.

Reactions: blackberry
Yeah, I am sure the SB is cackling away when he reads this. He is clearly smart enough to scam people on eBay but not anyone on HDN. I wrote to the mods in good faith too, to prevent him from casting his net into HDN. Maybe their hands are tied coz his scams are not executed in HDN. But i dont really agree with that thinking. Oh well...

Anyone who wants to know his identity here on HDN, PM me.

I too don't agree with HDN here surely when you become a member here you provide your reference etc... when information is provided to mods about a members scamming ways surely they should be questioned regardless of HDN or eBay trades.

This is suppose to be a friendly collectors community where we watch each other's back for these scumbags.

hey folks,

as a reminder what myself (and other mods) have continued to mention via private message, e-mail and other areas. we do NOT police other trading marketplaces like ebay, youtube, amazon and the rest.

there is ONLY a certain amount of information at our disposal and we do not have the resources in these other locations as we do on this forum - things that we can look at and evaluate.

having said that, there are trading rules on this forum that have been instituted for your own protection for trading transactions that happen HERE.

this includes the pending / active sales threads, the requirement of feedback posted for any new traders, our support ticketing system, the active investigations held by trading moderators and many other things we do not discuss openly.

we have long held that problems occurring on these other forums and marketplaces should be taken the appropriate authorities on THOSE websites.

many of you are established traders here on this forum and you should know all about the guidelines that are stickied in this section - including having new traders send first, getting tracking from the other party and proof of shipment, and what other precautions can be taken to protect your trading safety.

trading via ebay and their messaging system is against their stated policy and should not occur - and there are reasons why they have created that policy. you don't have protection of paypal or their listing system as a buyer or seller.

having said that, if there is trouble with an ebay seller or buyer, you should go to their website and report it there. if you are not aware of this process, follow the below link for more information.

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/buy/report-trading.html

so folks can feel free to chat about a seller or buyer that they are having problems with, but I can tell you right now - there will not be a "witch hunt" by moderators or staff based on one person's account of the problems or trouble they are having - and we limit the action taken for or against members here to transactions that occurred on this forum.

as stated in the thread title of our bad traders list - that list is for FORUM MEMBERS ONLY.

thank you.

Last edited:
I've had no problems when purchasing, but haven't done any trades via messages.

Anyone who does try this I always request they set up an ebay auction once we have agreed a price. That way I'm still covered
Never had anyone refuse yet.

Excellent advice. :thumbs:

Reactions: mnementh
I feel if any member gets scammed outside of this forum we should be allowed to know if they are a username on this forum and that should be made public to every member on this forum. Its basically like this BOARD is HARBORING scammers.

I also think we should be allowed to put the full real name and address down on a list so others can see they way the operate with multiple id's.

I have over 50 people on my block list on ebay alone. It grows weekly.

You scam me I rake your body over the coals and let everyone know your address and phone number.

Last edited:
I feel if any member gets scammed outside of this forum we should be allowed to know if they are a username on this forum and that should be made public to every member on this forum. Its basically like this BOARD is HARBORING scammers.

I also think we should be allowed to put the full real name and address down on a list so others can see they way the operate with multiple id's.

You scam me I rake your body over the coals and let everyone know your address and phone number.

Where did anyone say you couldn't share ebay usernames? All Andy was clearing up was that we cannot get INVOLVED in any trades/sales outside of HDN.... we all have fulltime jobs outside the forum.

We won't however allow witch hunts to go on here, i think we're a bit more civilised than that here.

Finally, if someone reports a scammer from ebay thats found out to be a member on this forum he is automatically put on our 'watch list' to ensure people stay safe on this forum.

Last edited:

Totally agree Chip surely this forum has a responsibility of protecting members from becoming victims of a scam. What I'm confused is if the scamming scumbags are members of HDN why the mods not looking into it...

Totally agree Chip surely this forum has a responsibility of protecting members from becoming victims of a scam. What I'm confused is if the scamming scumbags are members of HDN why the mods not looking into it...

It baffles me that they allow this member to partake in groups buys and all the other things that should only be meant for honest members. Watch list? Don't make me laugh. The legitimate members here have stated Shayid is scamming people but chooses to hides within eBay complex rules. Scammer is a scammer regardless of where he does it. Everyone should be notified about it. If the mods took Blackberry reports seriously and banned Shayid eBay username louieandlel77 or made his presence known that he's a scammer then I would have read about it and would not have been victimized.

Last edited:
What I'm confused is if the scamming scumbags are members of HDN why the mods not looking into it...��

It's already been mentioned above they are put on a watch list.

Posting full names and addresses is nuts. That opens up the owners of this site to all kinds of legal problems.

If someone on here scams on ebay, then it is for ebay to deal with. If they scam on here then the mods get involved.

If people use ebay properly, then they are protected. If they have made deals via ebays messaging system and then been scammed, more fool them. A deal that's too good to be true, often is.

Please note, I am not condoning any actions taken by any named person, however the levels of hysteria in some of the posts is frankly laughable.

Last edited:
It's already been mentioned above they are put on a watch list.

Posting full names and addresses is nuts. That opens up the owners of this site to all kinds of legal problems.

If someone on here scams on ebay, then it is for ebay to deal with. If they scam on here then the mods get involved.

If people use ebay properly, then they are protected. If they have made deals via ebays messaging system and then been scammed, more fool them. A deal that's too good to be true, often is.

These are very apt observations and I appreciate you taking the time to post them.

I'm going to make a few general statements, so please bear with me.

1) Internally, staff and moderators document trading issues, problems and other items that happen on this forum. We use this information in future investigations to protect members, 95% of these efforts you never see on a daily basis.

2) In terms of steelbooks, it appears our system is working quite well. Percentage wise, we have some of the least amount of incidents of any forum I have ever been part of and our group buy forum is a safe marketplace to purchase with very little overhead or cost for the members that bring you these harder to find or exclusive items.

3) There is no way that the site can validate or refute any claims made by members here based on transactions that have occurred on ebay, amazon or other marketplaces. We simply do not have access to both sides of that story - unlike we do here.

4) "Scammers", as I have seen this term thrown around this thread over the last couple of pages so freely, is a term that we reserve on this forum that affect multiple members or for large value issues.

The general rule in trading - if it's too good to be true, it usually is. Why invite trouble and take a risk when it's likely not necessary to do so?

Myself and other trading moderators have posted and posted so much content about how to protect yourself on ebay, with paypal, and in general trading...all of you experienced traders should be aware.

5) No one is being "protected", but what I do see happening is a lot of conversation and anger being expressed from members that were not impacted or even involved in this situation.

That's about all we really need to say on this subject. Feel free to chat among yourselves, but I do take exception to the accusations that we sit on our hands and do nothing, that can be no further from the truth.

As David said earlier - we all have day jobs - anyone understand how much free and spare time is spent by trading mods answering questions, private messages, working on trading disputes, investigating questions as brought up here, developing new trading policies and reminders, approving and vetting new traders, assisting group buy hosts, bringing new BluFans releases to the forum...

And now you want us to investigate issues on other marketplaces where we have no impact or say about what happens there?

Do I need to go on? ;)

It baffles me that they allow this member to partake in groups buys and all the other things that should only he meant for honest members. Watch list don't make me laugh. The legitimate members here have stated Shayid is scamming people but he hides within ebay complex rules. Scammer is a scammer regardless of where he does it. Everyone should be notified about it. If the mods took Blackberry reports seriously and banned Shayid ebay username louieandlel77 or made his presence known that hes a scammer then i would of read about it and would not have been victimized.

What is his/her HDN board name, so this person can be avoided here?

Thank You :thumbs:

What is his/her HDN board name, so this person can be avoided here?

Thank You :thumbs:

The best person to ask is Aprilarrow mate he knows... The mods have made it clear unless its a issue on HDN their not getting involved.

I would then pass the members name to your friends list on HDN so that they are aware... That's what I'm going to be doing

Reactions: Marina Blue