The Expendables (Blu-ray SteelBook FutureShop)-Debossed-G1 Size- [Canada]

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Not 100% confirmed yet; but I've been given a good tip by an already proven source that this will be appearing.

http://bluraysteelbooks.com/2010/10/the-expendables-blu-ray-steelbook-coming/

Art posted at FS:

Thanks Existtoinspire @FS.

Member pics courtesy of ash:
Expendables-1.jpg

Expendables-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sure that it is the studio that made the choice about the G1 size and not FS. They have heard many many times about no G1 BD Steels.

Unfortunately it will still sell as it is at a great price

Cheers
CrashKelly

I'm sure of this too but with the waves of SB's coming you think FS would either not accept them or let the people who purchased them online know that they are G1 instead of them getting a "surprise" in the mail.

With the influx of interest in Sb's, I feel FS was trying to pull a fast one.

Thats my opinion and I'm not saying its right.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I opened mine and it is beautifully embossed, both the lettering and the skull, out of a debossed frame. Stallone's glasses are metallic to stand out. Except for the size, it is a BEAUTY!
I am sure that it is the studio that made the choice about the G1 size and not FS. They have heard many many times about no G1 BD Steels.

Cheers
CrashKelly

I'm sure of this too but with the waves of SB's coming you think FS would either not accept them or let the people who purchased them online know that they are G1 instead of them getting a "surprise" in the mail.

With the influx of interest in Sb's, I feel FS was trying to pull a fast one.

Thats my opinion and I'm not saying its right.

From some of the in-store advertising I am thinking that FS did not know about the size until the last minute and then scramled to put it on sale so that they might have a hope of selling these.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I opened mine and it is beautifully embossed, both the lettering and the skull, out of a debossed frame. Stallone's glasses are metallic to stand out. Except for the size, it is a BEAUTY!

I am going to check it out at lunch, but I will be hard pressed to buy as I do not want anymore DVD size steelbooks :(

Cheers
CrashKelly

Given it's a smaller studio, it appears to me that they went the el-cheapo route and had them printed in the US.

But it also means that they printed at least 8,000, I think. :twisted:

Cheers
CrashKelly

I dont know, usually the studios restrict the artwork and/or the ability to make special retail editions (ala steelbook) but the retailers usually choose the rest as its their profit margins that they are crunching.

I dont know, usually the studios restrict the artwork and/or the ability to make special retail editions (ala steelbook) but the retailers usually choose the rest as its their profit margins that they are crunching.

That might be true to a certain extent, and maybe even more true previously, but I think now it is all the studio.

Look at Warner in France, they outright decreed that all steelbooks for their movies will be G1 size

I really doubt FS would decide to make a G1 steelbook for a BD movie release, especuially if it was based on their profit margins. I was up there, FS, at lunch and they had a lot of the steelbook left and it pretty much looked untouched, as did all the Warner releases from today

Cheers
CrashKelly

UPDATE: (you're right crash) It's cause its the studios first steelbook title and because it has BD/DVD and DC. Had a lot to do with timeline of getting steels produced.

Support this edition peeps, you can make your voices heard to the studio for future editions to be BD size. If sales are bad, do you think they would want do a steelbook again?

Additionally, the majors have supported and embraced the bd size steel so dont expect a jump to all G1 sizes. Just like many have stated here, FS knows your distaste for dvd sized blu-ray steels and its usually the majority amongst collectors too.

On the other hand, put the dvd sized steel next to your digibooks or others and you can let your OCD rest. ;) Or import a BD sized version. *shrug*

Last edited:
I did check it out on my lunch hour and it is and amazing looking steelbook with great embossing/debossing, but in the words of my spouse, I wish it was just a little smaller.

:D

:hilarious:

Cheers
CrashKelly

Crash, you f'n crack me up. I cancelled my order and will probably go with the German one, once details are confirmed. It's a shame they went with a G1 size, but it makes for a "bow out" for me, too.

I did check it out on my lunch hour and it is and amazing looking steelbook with great embossing/debossing, but in the words of my spouse, I wish it was just a little smaller.

Cheers
CrashKelly

Crash, you f'n crack me up. I cancelled my order and will probably go with the German one, once details are confirmed. It's a shame they went with a G1 size, but it makes for a "bow out" for me, too.

You are not the only one I crack up. I am sitting here at work just laughing my ass off. I am getting looks :oohyeah:

I am still on the fence. Thought it was a good popcorn flick so I want the movie, but I want the BD Steel to be G2 sized, but for $27CDN it is pretty hard to pass up

Cheers
CrashKelly

LOL-yeah, I will not make an exception for this one. I posted at FS, that I too cancelled my order and join the others in being disappointed in the lack of info we've received about Steelbooks in general, and the G1 size. It's a shame, because FS Steelbooks usually offered something unique, but with this many alternatives-some or all of which may be BD sized, I just don't won't settle for the lack of uniformity in my collection. To each their own, it's a pass for me:)

Last edited:
I just came back from FS, and yes, totally disappointed that this one is G1 size... so I passed and did not pick it up. I hope all later steels that is coming out (Inception, Salt, Town, etc) are gonna be G2 size instead......

And some of the other SB/IPs are still very readily available on shelf. I saw tons of Princess and the Frog and Alice in Wonderland. Plus still loads of Clash of Titans and Karate Kid.

Re: The Expendables (Blu-ray SteelBook FutureShop)-G1 Size- [Canada]

Its amazing what a difference 3/4 of an inch makes.

Cheers
CrashKelly

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Tapatalk