The Fifth Element (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Collector's & Deluxe Editions) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Sep 10, 2020
Release date: June 19 June 26 July 10 End of July, 2023
Purchase links: SteelBook only - Collector's Edition - Deluxe Edition (Pre-order on November 25, at 00.00 AM UK time)
Price: £26.99 (SteelBook only) - £59.99 (Collector's Edition) - £99.99 (Deluxe Edition)
Notes: Artwork and packaging design from EverythingBlu team

Screenshot_20221124_170305_Facebook.jpg8FBC96F3-E4EB-445E-ACFD-E74FA34E164F.jpeg F3E6D1EB-D9BD-4957-BFA0-4EE20B43AD03.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, that finish is something else. It certainly does catch the eye and you must admit it fits the films production aesthetic to a T.
Looking forward to seeing it in hands...other owners hands :rofl:
I only went steelbook for this release and Leon, I wanted them to match; going forward I might have to rethink that ethos if this is the continuing quality
Now, how do I get to fall in love with all the flappy floppy paper tat - can't I just have the gorgeous boxes and cases? :whistle: :LOL:

Stellar finish. Wish I like the movie, I would have preordered it. But I never was able to watch it beyond the 15-20 first minutes. Same for other Besson movies. I must be kinda allergic to his movies.
Shocked Eddie Murphy GIF

What!?
Oh, wow. I know I'm 'asking for it', but I've never met anyone who didn't like it. I've met people who didn't like Star Wars, but not The Fifth Element, much less couldn't finish watching it!

Reactions: mkdfan
Shocked Eddie Murphy GIF

What!?
Oh, wow. I know I'm 'asking for it', but I've never met anyone who didn't like it. I've met people who didn't like Star Wars, but not The Fifth Element, much less couldn't finish watching it!

Sorry. :D

The main problem is I find his way of filming boring with same camera mannerisms. For me , his characters are improbable, stereotyped and exaggerated. I really can't immerse in his movies. I’m rapidly bored and feel like wasting time. I may have tried to watch the Fifth Element ten times. But never could stand more than 20 minutes. A shame as I really like Bruce Willis as an actor.

I know a lot of people think the Fifth Element is a great movie. I have no real opinion on it as I never watched it entirely.
FYI the movie start to disappoint and bore me with the aliens scene in Egypt. The design and FX seems so cheap to my eyes.

The problem is recurrent with his filming. I can’t stand Subway, nor The Great Blue. I’ve seen the Great Blue in its entirety once to please my then girlfriend, but I was feeling like I would like to burn the TV and wash my eyes and ears.
Nikita and Leon are barely OK movies for me.
I’ve seen The Lady once because of Michelle Yeoh.

My conclusion: I must be suffering of a rare disease called bessonitis. :D

To go back to the main subject, wow the steelbook and slip are pure works of art. Those who ordered it will be delighted.

Last edited:
Reactions: Punker76
Sorry. :D

The main problem is I find his way of filming boring with same camera mannerisms. For me , his characters are improbable, stereotyped and exaggerated. I really can't immerse in his movies. I’m rapidly bored and feel like wasting time. I may have tried to watch the Fifth Element ten times. But never could stand more than 20 minutes. A shame as I really like Bruce Willis as an actor.

I know a lot of people think the Fifth Element is a great movie. I have no real opinion on it as I never watched it entirely.
FYI the movie start to disappoint and bore me with the aliens scene in Egypt. The design and FX seems so cheap to my eyes.

The problem is recurrent with his filming. I can’t stand Subway, nor The Great Blue. I’ve seen the Great Blue in its entirety once to please my then girlfriend, but I was feeling like I would like to burn the TV and wash my eyes and ears.
Nikita and Leon are barely OK movies for me.
I’ve seen The Lady once because of Michelle Yeoh.

My conclusion: I must be suffering of a rare disease called bessonitis. :D

To go back to the main subject, wow the steelbook and slip are pure works of art. Those who ordered it will be delighted.

I loved Leon. With a passion. Loved it. So I went into The Fifth Element at the cinema in the hope it would simply be the greatest movie EVER ..... Hated it. I was cringing within minutes of it begining and couldn't make head nor tail of Gary Oldman's acting choices. Kept silent all this time as everyone (EVERYONE) appears to love this movie. I struggle to find any positive aspects of this film.... Maybe set design? That's not bad, but still, as a whole it didn't really work for me. From script, to performances, to aesthetic/visuals, just not for me. Soz.

Shouldn't it be Steelbook>Deluxe Edition>Collectors Edition
No you have listed wrong order of releases

It's the following as per thread OP and zavvi website listings

Steelbook only £26.99
Collector's Edition £59.99
Deluxe Edition £99.99

No you have listed wrong order of releases

It's the following as per thread OP and zavvi website listings

Steelbook only £26.99
Collector's Edition £59.99
Deluxe Edition £99.99
the naked gun facepalm GIF

I know that, I mean isn't the Deluxe Edition usually below the Collectors Edition.
For example
Final-Fantasy-XVI-deluxe-1.jpgfinal-fantasy-xvi-collectors-edition.large.jpg.jpg

The main problem is I find his way of filming boring with same camera mannerisms.
Fifth Element is boring... now I've heard everything. :D

ArtisticPlumpHummingbird-max-1mb.gif

I could write a 5 page tirade, because every scene in it is awesome, fun, or genius, but I guess I shouldn't bother.
Thanks for trying to explain.

I've kept wondering how the same director can produce a classic like Fifth Element and then make a complete turd like Valerian.
I was initially disappointed, but appreciate it more now.
Kind of strange, as The Fifth Element was inspired by Valerian, but I guess it's a prime example of how and why newer movies with more CGI suck in comparison to practical effects.
It also didn't have as much talent in the cast, or behind the screen, obviously. Everything just came together so well for the Element, and that's rare.

the naked gun facepalm GIF

I know that, I mean isn't the Deluxe Edition usually below the Collectors Edition.
For example
View attachment 557241View attachment 557242
Your above examples was named wrong by game label
A release with less contents is not a deluxe edition
T
hat game listed as deluxe it's a inferior release to other editions which means it should not have been called deluxe

Deluxe comes from the French de luxe, (luxurious or sumptuous; of a superior kind)
That is why the deluxe edition has more contents as it has to be a superior release to other editions

• Informative
Reactions: TGO
Fifth Element is boring... now I've heard everything. :D

View attachment 557243

I could write a 5 page tirade, because every scene in it is awesome, fun, or genius, but I guess I shouldn't bother.
Thanks for trying to explain.

I was initially disappointed, but appreciate it more now.
Kind of strange, as The Fifth Element was inspired by Valerian, but I guess it's a prime example of how and why newer movies with more CGI suck in comparison to practical effects.
It also didn't have as much talent in the cast, or behind the screen, obviously. Everything just came together so well for the Element, and that's rare.

This is Besson’s way of filming I find boring. Remember I can’t really have a definitive opinion on the Fifth Element as I never watched it fully. ;)

But I promise i will give it another try and watch it entirely. Maybe after one or two good beers or two glasses of a great wine. :D
And I will PM you to let you informed.

Your above examples was named wrong by game label
A release with less contents is not a deluxe edition
T
hat game listed as deluxe it's a inferior release to other editions which means it should not have been called deluxe

Deluxe comes from the French de luxe, (luxurious or sumptuous; of a superior kind)
That is why the deluxe edition has more contents as it has to be a superior release to other editions
So it's the others that has got it wrong, okay fair enough :thumbs:

Reactions: paulboland
Shocked Eddie Murphy GIF

What!?
I like it, but it’s not a movie I need to see more than once a decade, but if I could order this now, I’d buy it and pray there’s no 8K disk coming before 2027 (about the time I’d watch it again).

• Haha
Reactions: Lenny Nero