The Footy Megathread!

Horhay

ホルヘ
Jan 27, 2009
San Pedro, CA
Well we keep finding more and more fans, garlad you are just adding to the group. So let's keep all football related content in this thread since we are small group of fans who actually follow we can't make threads that only one person will reply. Anyways Scott, Baliey, Dattebayo and myself all follow pro football. The same people in addition to Bravesfan and jrocca have/play FIFA09.

To answer your question from the other thread, yes I do follow. I don't have a particular team in the EPL, but I enjoy watching the games. However I am liking Liverpool this year, I think if they don't win it now they won't in a long time! they are finally reaching that talent threshold and it's their time! Torres is in a fantastic level and Benitez is having no issues with players so what else can I say? ManU is finally losing grip. Chelsea is a mess I think, they keep buying players and more players that bring a huge ego and that's why the teams is so inconsistent! the egos that team has will not let them find their rhythm. Arsenal has a relatively young team that will only get better and I keep reading everywhere that they might lose Fabregas this next summer....

I used to watch plenty of the Spanish league, but I lost GolTV which used to show all the games every weekend. Fox Sports channel now shows the EPL and the Serie A Italian league which is not bad, but not the same.

Last edited:
So many empty seats in Baku. Feel sorry for Arsenal and Chelsea fans who couldn't afford to go. It's a shame they couldn't move it to Wembley.
Still can't understand why it was held there, such a shame for a final. The place should be packed.

final_champions_tottenham_liverpool.jpg

Hoping for a great game tonight from the lads:thumbs:This is easily the Biggest game as a Spurs fan for me by far:notworthy:.

Just got off a flight from NY and really needed to get back home in time for this :rofl::rofl: and thank god I made it back:confused::D Wouldnt have been the same if I wasn't around my fellow yids for this :notworthy::notworthy::thumbs:

I thought Spurs were the better team for most of the match and didn't think it was a penalty. Kane shouldn't have been playing, looked well off the pace. Liverpool were rubbish but probably deserved it for the season they've had.

I thought Spurs were the better team for most of the match and didn't think it was a penalty. Kane shouldn't have been playing, looked well off the pace. Liverpool were rubbish but probably deserved it for the season they've had.
Don't think the penalty should have been given, but I would say that :whistle: and Kane should not have started the match, Moura should have started for me. But over and done with now.
£ Talks ...
Unfortunately this is the game now:confused:
The game lacked real quality. Quite surprised that Liverpool defended as much as they did.
Both teams didn't look that great to me, not like a premier league game. I think the occasion got to them both.

Don't think the penalty should have been given, but I would say that :whistle: and Kane should not have started the match, Moura should have started for me. But over and done with now.
Unfortunately this is the game now:confused:
Both teams didn't look that great to me, not like a premier league game. I think the occasion got to them both.
Uefa rules any unnatural arm movement that makes contact with the ball will be penalised.
Uefa referee have given a penalty every time this happened in champions leagues matches this season as it's a rule they introduced last year.
Var also automatic is used to check

Same referee gave United a penalty against PSG for same reason

It's a UEFA rule players have known about since start of 2018/2019 champions league

Sissoko had no need to have his hand in that unnatural position which obstructed the cross unfairly.
It was unnecessary, it was unnatural and it was a penalty
This is why it's an automatic penalty

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/hand-ball-rule-in-football-sissoko-202011

Simple don't raise your arm in penalty box that is in unnatural position which can cause ball be obstructed

Liverpool back 4 and allison was brilliant last night that was the difference
Yes Liverpool midfield had a poor game compared to what they usually do
Liverpool had 3 shots on target and got 2 goals
You scoe you have good chance of winning a game

It took spurs 71 min to have their first shot on goal even with all the possession they had
When Origi and later Milner came from for Liverpool they started to pass the ball better and create chances and this led to Liverpool getting their second goal

Kane and Firmino starting was a mistake made by both managers as neither was match fit
Been fit in training not the same as been match fit

Strikers need 2-3 match games after recovering from ligament or muscular injury to become proper match fit
You need the match games to get sharpness and awareness back

Defenders and Midfielders need less match games after recovering from injury compared to strikers

I half expected to step into a thread filled with images of women's feet. LOL.

I love to watch football (or 'soccer' as known in the U.S.). I don't understand why so many American's don't embrace it as much as other sports. Seriously, it's nonstop, aggressive and thrilling. It's mad cap hockey with feet and a ball.

When I was younger, the game started to make some headway in America and in Tampa we were given the Rowdies as a franchise. I LOVED going to those games. Rodney Marsh was easily the dude back then and we won the Soccer Bowl back in 1975, which just so happens to be the year JAWS was released in theaters!!!!. Sadly the team, and league, folded but to my great happiness the Rowdies were resurrected in 2008 with the NASL and won the Soccer Bowl again in 2012!!

In current news, the Rowdies are part of the USL and lead the league whupping up on everyone in their path! It's a beautiful thing when heartstring nostalgia and present day meet!!

THE ROWDIES, WHOA THE ROWDIES. THE ROWDIES ARE......A KICK IN THE GRASS!!!

The debate will go for a long time between fans I'm sure but either way it makes no difference now.

The simple fact that we got there was a huge achievement for us as a team and I'm extremely proud of the lads for getting to the final and not just laying down like many expected, Spurs gave the champions league this year some fantastic games and it will be remembered for years to come.

Regardless of when we had our first on-target attempt, the game could have been a very different result but unfortunately, I think we tried to play it a little safe just to make sure not to get done on the counter.

@jaws finatic Rodney Marsh, a very underrated player for his time :thumbs: Soccer is defiantly bigger over in the states now tho, right? Always surprised me that it hasn't had the following that other sports have over there.

• Thanks
Reactions: jaws finatic
Very excited this coming Sunday. USWNT is in another World Cup final and the men's are in the Gold Cup final.

Well done to the US Ladies team on retaining the World Cup, not only to win it once but to get back to back wins, WOW what an achievement.

Unfortunately the ENgland ladies could only manage a 4th place spot but with that , they should still be very proud:)

The US were easily the best team in tournament and will in my eyes take some beating.

Overall it was a pleasure to watch this World Cup and I will certainly look forward to the next:)

Yeah baby, my girls made it happen!!! What a wonderful team we have with these young women. They are spirited, opinionated and smart. Plus they kick some serious football butt. All across the world!!!!! WOOOO HOOOO.

• Thanks
Reactions: PunkNinja
Well done to the US Ladies team on retaining the World Cup, not only to win it once but to get back to back wins, WOW what an achievement.

Unfortunately the ENgland ladies could only manage a 4th place spot but with that , they should still be very proud:)

The US were easily the best team in tournament and will in my eyes take some beating.

Overall it was a pleasure to watch this World Cup and I will certainly look forward to the next:)
England and the rest of the European teams are not far behind. Being a Man United fan. I'm glad seeing Phil Neville on the sideline.
Yeah baby, my girls made it happen!!! What a wonderful team we have with these young women. They are spirited, opinionated and smart. Plus they kick some serious football butt. All across the world!!!!! WOOOO HOOOO.
I think this was the last major tournament for Lloyd, Rapinoe, Sauerbrunn and Krieger.
Morgan, O'Hara and Heath might retire early. But I'm not worried cause the younger players in our team proved that they can perform well under the spotlight.
And we have abundant of young talents coming from our College system.

England and the rest of the European teams are not far behind. Being a Man United fan. I'm glad seeing Phil Neville on the sideline.

Yeah you can see the talent is there in quite a few of the teams now and I think the next world cup will make for an even better one than this was.

Phil has done a great job with the England ladies, far better job than his brother done anyhow:whistle::oohyeah::rofl:

• Thanks
Reactions: PunkNinja
Premier League is back upon us :thumbs: Some great games over the weekend and a great result for Spurs :notworthy::thumbs: