The Footy Megathread!

Horhay

ホルヘ
Jan 27, 2009
San Pedro, CA
Well we keep finding more and more fans, garlad you are just adding to the group. So let's keep all football related content in this thread since we are small group of fans who actually follow we can't make threads that only one person will reply. Anyways Scott, Baliey, Dattebayo and myself all follow pro football. The same people in addition to Bravesfan and jrocca have/play FIFA09.

To answer your question from the other thread, yes I do follow. I don't have a particular team in the EPL, but I enjoy watching the games. However I am liking Liverpool this year, I think if they don't win it now they won't in a long time! they are finally reaching that talent threshold and it's their time! Torres is in a fantastic level and Benitez is having no issues with players so what else can I say? ManU is finally losing grip. Chelsea is a mess I think, they keep buying players and more players that bring a huge ego and that's why the teams is so inconsistent! the egos that team has will not let them find their rhythm. Arsenal has a relatively young team that will only get better and I keep reading everywhere that they might lose Fabregas this next summer....

I used to watch plenty of the Spanish league, but I lost GolTV which used to show all the games every weekend. Fox Sports channel now shows the EPL and the Serie A Italian league which is not bad, but not the same.

Last edited:
Im not so great, but I play! I get alot of offsides not knowing too many soccer rules :emb: but fifa 09 is FUN!

psn: HERETOWRECK

Last edited:
Here's the weekend EPL games!
Saturday:

Arsenal - Man City
Blackburn – Tottenham
Bolton – Middlesbrough
Fulham – Liverpool
Hull – Portsmouth
Newcastle – Chelsea
West Brom – Stoke
West Ham – Sunderland

Sunday:

Everton – Wigan
Manchester United - Aston Villa<----- HA! Baliey's team is ManU, just realized they are playing this weekend.

Here's the weekend EPL games!
Saturday:

Arsenal - Man City
Blackburn – Tottenham
Bolton – Middlesbrough
Fulham – Liverpool
Hull – Portsmouth
Newcastle – Chelsea
West Brom – Stoke
West Ham – Sunderland

Sunday:

Everton – Wigan
Manchester United - Aston Villa<----- HA! Baliey's team is ManU, just realized they are playing this weekend.

We are in such bad form at the moment! Heskey got injured playing for England and will miss the trip to Old Trafford :(

Still, looking forward to it.. And it is in glorious HD Sunday afternoon :D

I can't believe that guy (Heskey) still plays lol I think Carew and Agbolanhor are great players. Certainly a trip to Old Trafford will not be simple, but hey if Liverpool made 4 and received none who is to say your team can't win? :D may sound far fetch, but who knows :) right Baliey? (he'll pop his head here soon!)

So lucky you get to see the games in HD, only time I watch footy on TV is if it's on ESPN 2. I don't get Fox Soccer Channel or Fox Sports in Spanish on HD too bad!! :(:rolleyes:

God a Aston Villa fan lol :D

ARSENAL ARSENAL ARSENAL -I live and die by my team.

Glad to have more football fans around and look forward to giving you a game on Fifa if you ahve it mate. Welcome by the way. :scat:

I like your optimism! :scat:

Our last league game saw us on the wrong end of a 5-0 hammering by Liverpool!! Our record at Old Trafford is terrible... but... No Rooney, Scholes, Vidic, Berbatov.. who knows!

Happy with the performance of the US last night? A comfortable win!

God a Aston Villa fan lol :D

ARSENAL ARSENAL ARSENAL -I live and die by my team.

Glad to have more football fans around and look forward to giving you a game on Fifa if you ahve it mate. Welcome by the way. :scat:

Cheers Scott.. Villa aint giving up 4th place just yet and your run is more difficult (think you still have to play Liverpool Chelsea and Man U!)

I like your optimism! :scat:

Our last league game saw us on the wrong end of a 5-0 hammering by Liverpool!! Our record at Old Trafford... but... No Rooney, Scholes, Vidic, Berbatov.. who knows!

Happy with the performance of the US last night? A comfortable win!

You will loose Sunday, i think Man U will buck up thier ideas quickly now. And of course i want them to win so you stay away from 4th.

I am only American because I opted to get the nationality lol I was born in Mexico I am in shamed right now I don't need to get reminded! lol we lost bad to Honduras last night and just now Sven has been retired from his post as our manager. I am thinking Aguirre (Atletico Madrid's ex boss) is going to take over! is about time we regain ground in the area. The small teams get pumped playing against US and Mex thing is that when we visit we play so damn bad. Mexico city is a fortress we won't lose there, but you can't get to South Africa by just winning at home.

Cheers Scott.. Villa aint giving up 4th place just yet and your run is more difficult (think you still have to play Liverpool Chelsea and Man U!)

We are getting our form back and at the right time. Arshavin is jsut amazing and he will carry us through and plus Fab and Eduardo now back and not fogetting Ade, Rosicky and Theo. I think we have 4th wrapped up now and hopefully we can push for 3rd. We play better against top 4 teams and we have the best record the last 2 seasons so these games dont worry me. I worry when we play lesser teams.

I am only American because I opted to get the nationality lol I was born in Mexico I am in shamed right now I don't need to get reminded! lol we lost bad to Honduras last night and just now Sven has been retired from his post as our manager. I am thinking Aguirre (Atletico Madrid's ex boss) is going to take over! is about time we regain ground in the area. The small teams get pumped playing against US and Mex thing is that when we visit we play so damn bad. Mexico city is a fortress we won't lose there, but you can't get to South Africa by just winning at home.

I didnt hear that about Sven! Did that only happen tonight? He will come back to the Premier League this summer for sure...

We are getting our form back and at the right time. Arshavin is jsut amazing and he will carry us through and plus Fab and Eduardo now back and not fogetting Ade, Rosicky and Theo. I think we have 4th wrapped up now and hopefully we can push for 3rd. We play better against top 4 teams and we have the best record the last 2 seasons so these games dont worry me. I worry when we play lesser teams.

Your squad is amazing compared to ours.. to think you have the likes of those players to come back.. frightening!

What did you make of England last night?

I didnt hear that about Sven! Did that only happen tonight? He will come back to the Premier League this summer for sure...

Your squad is amazing compared to ours.. to think you have the likes of those players to come back.. frightening!

I dont support England im afraid. Im Turkish so i support them. We lost to Spain last night 2-1 and we was 1-0 up very disapointing. Personally i think England will go through but i dont think they will wint the World Cup. they have a great Manager in Capello, but i dont think the squad can cut it.

The Sven news just happened about 30 minutes ago.

I think Eduardo needs some time to get back up to level, but the team is definitely good.