The Footy Megathread!

Horhay

ホルヘ
Jan 27, 2009
San Pedro, CA
Well we keep finding more and more fans, garlad you are just adding to the group. So let's keep all football related content in this thread since we are small group of fans who actually follow we can't make threads that only one person will reply. Anyways Scott, Baliey, Dattebayo and myself all follow pro football. The same people in addition to Bravesfan and jrocca have/play FIFA09.

To answer your question from the other thread, yes I do follow. I don't have a particular team in the EPL, but I enjoy watching the games. However I am liking Liverpool this year, I think if they don't win it now they won't in a long time! they are finally reaching that talent threshold and it's their time! Torres is in a fantastic level and Benitez is having no issues with players so what else can I say? ManU is finally losing grip. Chelsea is a mess I think, they keep buying players and more players that bring a huge ego and that's why the teams is so inconsistent! the egos that team has will not let them find their rhythm. Arsenal has a relatively young team that will only get better and I keep reading everywhere that they might lose Fabregas this next summer....

I used to watch plenty of the Spanish league, but I lost GolTV which used to show all the games every weekend. Fox Sports channel now shows the EPL and the Serie A Italian league which is not bad, but not the same.

Last edited:
I dont support England im afraid. Im Turkish so i support them. We lost to Spain last night 2-1 and we was 1-0 up very disapointing. Personally i think England will go through but i dont think they will wint the World Cup. they have a great Manager in Capello, but i dont think the squad can cut it.

That's right, a 93rd minute penalty from Riera! Ouch...

England always seem to stumble at the final hurdle, but I think this team is the best they have had in a while and Capello might just be the man to make them world beaters!

I dont support England im afraid. Im Turkish so i support them. We lost to Spain last night 2-1 and we was 1-0 up very disapointing. Personally i think England will go through but i dont think they will wint the World Cup. they have a great Manager in Capello, but i dont think the squad can cut it.

Spain certainly has an amazing talent and no doubt will be a hard contender, Turkey has been on the rise for years now sucks about last night I was watching the game.

I am with Scott, I've seen the past 3 World Cups and England has a problem getting their team to get passed that 5th game. They have so much talent in their squad is amazing how they can't win anything.

Just look at the teams they have taken them out of important competitions in the last few years.

In '02 with a excellent play Ronaldinho and Rivaldo and a little help from Seaman England leaves Korea-Japan.

Euro 2004 Portugal-England was possibly one of the best games of the tourney and England is left out.

WC 06 - Portugal - England meet again. Once again Portugal makes it to the next round.

Euro 08 - England is left out by Croatia at home!

I just think is the lack of commitment by the players, I think all the players in the English squad have reached a level of maturity to be able to win something otherwise I think your only chances will be if they get the 2018 World Cup :)

That's right, a 93rd minute penalty from Riera! Ouch...

England always seem to stumble at the final hurdle, but I think this team is the best they have had in a while and Capello might just be the man to make them world beaters!

I believe Capello will bring order and balance to a team that can only get better :) the talent is there man, who wouldn't love to be able to coach players like Lampard, Gerrard, Bekham, Terry and company...

I believe Capello will bring order and balance to a team that can only get better :) the talent is there man, who wouldn't love to be able to coach players like Lampard, Gerrard, Bekham, Terry and company...

Well we'll let the football do the talking and so far 5 wins out of 5 in qualifying is impressive, so there should be no problems getting to the Finals in South Africa.

What happened to Argentina last night?? 6-1!!EEK!

Well we'll let the football do the talking and so far 5 wins out of 5 in qualifying is impressive, so there should be no problems getting to the Finals in South Africa.

What happened to Argentina last night?? 6-1!!EEK!

I was quite happy about that!! :) lol It's no simple task to play in places of high altitude, playing is Peru, Bolivia, Ecuador and Mexico City is simply difficult. La Paz, Bolivia is like 1800ft above sea level! Most people couldn't run for a block without losing their breath! if you aren't used to that height it will take a toll. Which is why Argentina and Brazil always has a tough time playing there expect both teams to lose or barely get the tie in Ecuador and Bolivia. Surprising it was 6 though I was not expecting that one! :)

I have to say my money is on Brazil or Italy to win it again. I would like to see a African Team win 2010 though, but i really dont see it happening.

Saturday, 4 April 2009
Barclays Premier League
Arsenal 2-0 Man City
Blackburn 2-1 Tottenham
Bolton 4-1 Middlesbrough
Hull 0-0 Portsmouth
Newcastle 0-2 Chelsea
West Brom 0-2 Stoke
West Ham 2-0 Sunderland

Fulham v Liverpool is on now. Currently 0-0 after 25 minutes.

Yes! lol dude I can't believe Fulham lasted as much as they did! Liverpool missed so many opportunities it felt like it wasn't fair any more lol. Seriously Liverpool had at least 7 opportunities in the first half!

Reactions: bd251
Well great result for my boys at the weekend. Good to see Fab back in action again. Must say garland was hopijg your boys would draw win Man U so we could have some action at the top of the table. We are now 6 points ahead, Its going to be hard for you boys now.

Champs Leauge is back this week. Looking forward to the Barca vs Bayern game on Wed's??

I cant think of a more boring game to watch lol

It will be a crap game. You want to watch attacking football so watch Barca vs Bayern. I'm not watching either now as im off to get a new ipod. :D

Bayern is garbage! they can't play outside of Germany for nothing! even in Germany they aren't that great either!

Yeah I was watching the scores last night, seems like Liverpool will need a miracle to make it through the semis just like ManU