The Godfather (4K Blu-ray SteelBook) [USA]

Stygian

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jul 20, 2016
Canada
Release date: October 11, 2022
Purchase links: Amazon - Target - Walmart - Best Buy
Price: $29.49 (Amazon - Target) - $25.95 (Walmart) - $27.99 (Best Buy)
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21
Notes: Gloss finish

71sYEJz7xzL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Paramount are such scumbags. They did pretty much the same thing with Indiana Jones (A flimsy basic set and a FUGLY premium price steelbook box set, then 6 months later, some beautiful, full gloss OG poster art steels).

I held off on the Godfather set precisely because I knew this was coming lol.

At least the GF premium set seemed higher quality than the IJ steel set (I still can't believe how horrid it is).

Last edited:
Reactions: Lord Vader
Paramount are such scumbags. They did pretty much the same thing with Indiana Jones (A flimsy basic set and a FUGLY premium price steelbook box set, then 6 months later, some beautiful, full gloss OG poster art steels).

I held off on the Godfather set precisely because I knew this was coming lol.

At least the GF premium set seemed higher quality than the IJ steel set (I still can't believe how horrid it is).
I'm kinda with you - I bought the regular Godfather 4k set and haven't even gotten around to watching any of the films yet. And I'm definitely in for a decent set of steels.
Then again, I'll probably hold on to the regular set, because if they go the same route as they did with Indy, those steels are going to be single disc releases and will probably not include the bonus disc. And it's also unlear (at least to me) if all three cuts of part III will be included.

The first Indy set also came with a bonus discs which the new Crystal Skull steel apparently does not include. Also, the European releases have the 1080p Blu rays, making these 9 disc sets.

But, yeah, why not just go all in the first time, Paramount?

Oh wait, I know why...

dave-chappelle-money.gif

Reactions: Lord Vader
I don't mind, got the Japanese individual digipacks, the recent big ass digibook, and will gladly get the steelbooks (if they don't ruin them somehow).

Reactions: jailbird_joey
Don’t like the backs. Quotes are so lazy with all the iconic art and scenes from these films.

But, whatever, the front and interior art look excellent; and there is maybe even a good chance they do right by these classics by not going with streaky matte.

Reactions: Shark and C.C. 95