Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: March 21st, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99 - £17.99

1.jpg

11203489-1694345685385921.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol same. Thought they had stopped all this

Looks like we will be getting that email every couple of weeks for the next 4 months!

Yet still according to their website it's available to buy now. I'm starting to think something is going on here. An early lock-in to prevent cancellations? Seems strange the price has been amended but not the pre-order status button.

Yet still according to their website it's available to buy now. I'm starting to think something is going on here. An early lock-in to prevent cancellations? Seems strange the price has been amended but not the pre-order status button.

Something is strange about a few things but they can't do that and not let you cancel an item that's not out until March time

Available to buy now but as a pre-order as it's not out until a date TBC.
(Amaray releases: U.S. = Feb. 2016 & Germany / Mexico, so far, = Apr.2016 - the image on the front of the slipcover for the Mexican edition can be seen here in post No.72).
Bought it on the 1st Dec. @GBP 22.49 with current status "Awaiting stock pick" and a blank space in the "Dispatch date" box.
Easily cancelled if needs must.

Release date (?) though educated guess based on the limited information available would be sometime next April.

Last edited:

Something isn't right with this, i think its is to stop early cancellations new zavvi tactic,:thumbs:. Got the same thing on a few other orders, not steelbooks. Pushing the orders to "awaiting dispatch" for 12 days, trying to cancel but its not letting me, they have already taken payment as well.

• Informative
Reactions: UpsetSmiley
I received this email this morning

Dear

Thanks for shopping with Zavvi.

We are aware that your order 6281452 for the item(s) listed below has still not been sent and continue to work to get this to you as quickly as possible.

• The Good Dinosaur 3D (Includes 2D Version) - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook

You can check the status yourself by clicking on order history in your account pages.

Thanks for your patience, if you have any further questions please contact our customer services team and we will be happy to help.

Kind Regards,

Zavvi

As far as i can tell, i haven't been charged yet. Got the same email for treasure planet too.

I WOULD say that maybe they are following Arrow's (and others') example and taking payment upfront but I CAN'T say that as they haven't tried to take payment for this or "Labyrinth" or "Treasure Planet" with all three orders placed between the 1st and the 9th of this month.

Just ignore the emails you get
Your order has no release date and even when they list the release date your order details will not be updated with a release date
So you will continue to get these emails with
We are aware that your order xxxxxxxxx for the item(s) listed below has still not been sent and continue to work to get this to you as quickly as possible.

Zavvi don't update your order details like amazon do when a release date gets updated it will remain blank in your order

They won't debit your debit/credit card until ready for despatch which will be 3-7 days before listed release date on their website which may change to different release dates

Your order details will not get updated only the website listing will

maybe not, i'm actually starting to worry about that.
about the fact that to my knowledge no other country/site is for sure to release a steel for this title except for uk/zavvi ..
I mean there are 2months left only, usually at this time there'd be at least 1or 2other countries i'd say am i wrong? :/

The best we can hope for is that it's a true Zavvi exclusive.

That way it'll have a title on the front and spine. If it ends up elsewhere there's a 50/50 chance it'll end up text free. Big Hero 6 had the title, but Frozen and Inside Out didn't and as we know, first release Marvel tiles don't either in the EU/AU.

well, not having a title on the front art is not for me an issue(although in rare cases it would be better for me with a title, like frozen for instance in the lowest part of it/in the snow, which makes a pretty strong "negative space" feeling for me)
same goes for the title on the spine ,as i display the front side of my steels , though i understand for many it is an "issue".

The only thing that could and will most likely bother me is not having french subtitles on the movie.. :(

anyways.. i think you have a good logic, let's now see if it will or will not be a zavvi real (not just in the uk) exclusive steel.

Possible steelbook art posted in the Italian thread
8717418477103-jpg.213814

That's bound to be the artwork, since that's the approach Disney seem to take with any non Zavvi exclusive steelbooks, and what can i say... ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE. The placeholder artwork shown on the Zavvi site is absolutely beautiful. THIS monstrosity will look awful, and yet again have no side or front title. Ok I get it, it's cheaper for them to produce it with no title to sell in multiple countries, but is it too much to ask for them to make a PET sleeve for it? They cost pence and improve it ten fold. They already make them for some countries versions (korea, china etc) so why - when we're paying £25 can we not get them too? It's really putting me off the disney steels, I don't want a collection with a row of titleless films with dots on the spines.

What I don't get is how they pay someone to come up with these lovely placeholder artworks, then get ANOTHER design done that looks awful to replace it with. Does someone stand there and look at the two and say "oh yeah that's it, you've taken it from slick, vibrant and deluxe down to cheap and shoddy, perfect, let's go with that".

Reactions: djfab