Purchase link: HMV
Price: £19.99
HDN Group Buy: Naughtius Maximus hosting

01-288712.jpg

pics below from luke :thumbs:

the_hateful_eight_packshot_open_outside-1-fit-to-width-431x431-q80-png.234579

the_hateful_eight_packshot_inside-2-fit-to-width-431x431-q80-png.234580

Last edited by a moderator:
Tarantino has said the 70mm roadshow cut of the film will ONLY be available during the actual roadshow itself and will not be getting a Blu-ray release

Unless he changes his mind we wont see a Blu-ray release of the roadshow cut for now

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: jailbird_joey
Tarantino has said the 70mm roadshow cut of the film will ONLY be available during the actual roadshow itself and will not be getting a Blu-ray release

Unless he changes his mind we wont see a Blu-ray release of the roadshow cut for now
Pretty much what I expected. He went to a lot of effort to make the roadshow version a cinematic experience so I didn't think he would want to have it shown anywhere but the theatre. I would like to see it hopefully get a release somewhere down the line as a lot of people never had a chance to see the 70mm version.

Reactions: paulboland
Pretty much what I expected. He went to a lot of effort to make the roadshow version a cinematic experience so I didn't think he would want to have it shown anywhere but the theatre. I would like to see it hopefully get a release somewhere down the line as a lot of people never had a chance to see the 70mm version.
What's the difference? Is it noticeable?

I won't get carried away until I see the full artwork/design.

I do like the front though (although it looks a bit photoshopped-the footprints in the snow don't match their feet size. A minor thing I know, but I can't stop looking at it since I noticed it. Also the cabin looks a bit stretched out of shape/distorted.

If the back and inside art are good this could be amazing. Sadly we probably won't get to see that until it's released.

At least we know the title's embossed.

• Informative
Reactions: Flloydo
I won't get carried away until I see the full artwork/design.

I do like the front though (although it looks a bit photoshopped-the footprints in the snow don't match their feet size. A minor thing I know, but I can't stop looking at it since I noticed it. Also the cabin looks a bit stretched out of shape/distorted.

If the back and inside art are good this could be amazing. Sadly we probably won't get to see that until it's released.

At least we know the title's embossed.

To be fair in the film the cabin isn't on the top of a hill or mountain like the art suggests and has a flat field outside the front but the snow footprints are also in front of them too suggesting everyone has taken that route plus it's deeps so once your leg moves about in it and everyone using the same path then it kinda makes sense to me

Although the cabin isn't correctly positioned in the image I still love it and have seen this used for posters for them films and always thought it was nice. I did originally want it as the steelbook art but wasn't expecting them to use it.

I see it as well.

This steelbook looks great. I wouldn't even mind if Kimchi didn't do a WEA and just used this and added a fullslip / art cards.

I'd be happy with that. Hopefully with a few more extras though

Reactions: jailbird_joey
What's the difference? Is it noticeable?
The 70mm version is longer at 3 hours, 7 minutes although that does include an intermission half way through. Apparently some of the scenes have been cut differently for the roadshow version. I don't think there will be a huge difference but as a Tarantino fan I would like to see the full uncut movie!:)

The 70mm version is longer at 3 hours, 7 minutes although that does include an intermission half way through. Apparently some of the scenes have been cut differently for the roadshow version. I don't think there will be a huge difference but as a Tarantino fan I would like to see the full uncut movie!:)

I've always wondered what was different on the roadshow version except the intermission.
All I've read is that it includes Mexican bob pluck a chicken lol

Already seen the standard version twice and can't wait to watch it again

Reactions: Sigill
I've always wondered what was different on the roadshow version except the intermission.
All I've read is that it includes Mexican bob pluck a chicken lol

Already seen the standard version twice and can't wait to watch it again
I think Tarantino said a few of the landscape shots are a bit longer and also Daisy with the guitar is slightly different. And the bit with Mexican Bob! Lol!:)

Reactions: Flloydo and harry