The Hateful Eight (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Sweden]

raspor

Premium Supporter
Dec 2, 2011
Oxie, Sweden
Release date: TBA, 2016
Purchase link: discshop.se,CdOn.com , Discshop.fi (ships only within Finland)
Price: 249 :- skr
Subs: swedish, danish, finish & norwegian
cover art subject to change

hateful_eight_ltd_steelbook_blu_ray_2_disc.jpg

Last edited:
the mod that changed it from nordic relase to swedish maybe change it back to nordic and add or merge from the finish release thred and yes I´m currently waving my fist at you

the mod that changed it from nordic relase to swedish maybe change it back to nordic and add or merge from the finish release thred and yes I´m currently waving my fist at you
For Nordic release, we always separate the threads to have one per country, even if it's exactly the same for the 4 countries.

@Sigill

Hope we dont get a second rate relise. Rather wait / pay a little more to get a decent relise not run of the mill .
Yep hopefully there will be some different artworks used worldwide. I will be happy as long as all the extras are included. I will also be looking out to see what editions Kimchi and all the others come up with!:D

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Scary Hair
Yep hopefully there will be some different artworks used worldwide. I will be happy as long as all the extras are included. I will also be looking out to see what editions Kimchi and all the others come up with!:D

Given that the worldwide distribution rights to the film have been acquired by TWC (The Weinstein Company), the prospects for a number of different international releases, each with its own unique artwork, are actually quite good, since TWC have licensed the film to a multitude of different companies for local release in their own territories.

The caveat for UK customers, however, is that the domestic home video release will be handled by EiV (Entertainment in Video), who have a well deserved reputation for subpar releases.

I would expect, therefore, to obtain one or more of the anticipated international special editions for this title, depending on the artwork and disc content.

My main hope is that Tarantino will approve a home video release containing both the Theatrical and Roadshow versions of this film.

I've already seen this film three times at my local cinema. It's not the greatest film that I've seen recently but it's certainly my personal favourite of those that I have seen.

Given that the worldwide distribution rights to the film have been acquired by TWC (The Weinstein Company), the prospects for a number of different international releases, each with its own unique artwork, are actually quite good, since TWC have licensed the film to a multitude of different companies for local release in their own territories.

The caveat for UK customers, however, is that the domestic home video release will be handled by EiV (Entertainment in Video), who have a well deserved reputation for subpar releases.

I would expect, therefore, to obtain one or more of the anticipated international special editions for this title, depending on the artwork and disc content.

My main hope is that Tarantino will approve a home video release containing both the Theatrical and Roadshow versions of this film.

I've already seen this film three times at my local cinema. It's not the greatest film that I've seen recently but it's certainly my personal favourite of those that I have seen.
I really can't see the Roadshow version being included. I hope it is but seeing as it was a special edit for certain cinemas I really can't see if being included in the Blu-ray, Maybe there will be another release down the line that will include it.

The Swedish edition was scheduled for release yesterday (2/5/16).

Unfortunately, none of the Scandinavian sites I have looked at have been updated and all are still showing the same artwork as previously.

It is shown as being in stock at discshop.se but further down the page it states, "Delayed delivery. Cover and specifications are not confirmed."

I'd be grateful if one of the Scandinavian members here could clarify the following.

Is the Steelbook artwork confirmed to be that shown, i.e. identical to that of the Amaray release?

If so, does it still include the various Scandinavian age ratings and logos at the bottom, or are these merely on the J-card?

Is this confirmed to be a 2 Blu-ray disc release?

If so, what is contained on the second disc?

Any answers to these questions will be much appreciated.

All Finnish on-line shops show the same rendered steelbook image as in @dLux 's post #12. Discshop.fi has the same disclaimer as discshop.se, but no other store has this disclaimer; maybe Discshop has just forgotten to remove that comment?

I'm still very much hoping that the DK/FI/NO/SE rating symbols won't be on the steelbook itself, as that would be quite a bit less than optimal (n) Can't remember when it happened here the last time - probably RotPotA steelbook in 2011 with the UK / IE rating symbols.

Discshop says it's a one-disc release, others don't mention the number of discs. When CDON created the product page, they explicitly mentioned this is going to be a two-disc release; that's gone now.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: augustus
All Finnish on-line shops show the same rendered steelbook image as in @dLux 's post #12. Discshop.fi has the same disclaimer as discshop.se, but no other store has this disclaimer; maybe Discshop has just forgotten to remove that comment?

I'm still very much hoping that the DK/FI/NO/SE rating symbols won't be on the steelbook itself, as that would be quite a bit less than optimal (n) Can't remember when it happened here the last time - probably RotPotA steelbook in 2011 with the UK / IE rating symbols.

Discshop says it's a one-disc release, others don't mention the number of discs. When CDON created the product page, they explicitly mentioned this is going to be a two-disc release; that's gone now.

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my questions.

Since the Scandinavian Steelbook no longer includes a second Blu-ray disc, I might as well go for the German one. It utilises the same artwork, costs less and is guaranteed not to have printed ratings logos.

Thanks again. Appreciated.

Reactions: Ranavalone
Indeed that is what the item "title" is.

However, the "info" tab at Discshops says that the number of discs is "1", and CDON have removed the "number of discs" entry completely (was 2 when the item was first listed - or am I just dreaming this part? Could be that I then just went with the title).

Another fine mess, where facts will be known only when we have the product at hand :(

Reactions: augustus