The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

thedefector

Premium Supporter
Apr 5, 2012
UK
Second instalment of the franchise to be released in the Triple Play format (Blu-ray, DVD and UV Copy)

Release Date: March 17th, 2014
Purchase Price: £21.00
Purchase Links:
Amazon.co.uk
Zavvi

81dw6s%2B-4NL._SL500_.jpg

81dw6s%2B-4NL._SL1500_.jpg

Attachments

• 71BJ9whqocL._SL1121_.jpg
    71BJ9whqocL._SL1121_.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 272
Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely - likely I won't catch this at cinema as we're midst of moving home but loved the first movie and liked the HMV steel also. Despite the lack of inside art, it felt quality, and I loved the minimal design. The fact that this one looks like it will match is a bonus for the OCD in me :D

For a fan of The Hunger Games going from the first film to Catching Fire felt like going from Star Wars: A New Hope to Empire Strikes Back.
It felt like, the Victors were the Jedi, the Capital was the Republic, and beyond that, just like A New Hope introduced you to the characters Empire Strikes Back gave you the depth for you to either love or hate the characters.
Anyway, just my opinion. :D

But I'm in love with the poster art and whatever edition features it, will be the one I buy! :drool:

10ht6rp.jpg

first one had no inside artwork, probably go with the Futureshop versions if they come out with them

LOL. Not true at all. The 1st film was rather bad in that Battle Royale wannabe kind of thing. It also had the shaky camera and awful editing on top of it. At least this one had a great twist at the end and the camera work makes the film watchable.

Oh, side characters are far more likeable too, especially Finnick and Johanna.
Agreed! There was more character development for the supporting cast in this film imo.

And I loved the

ending when you see Katniss' face turn from a mask of despair to one of pure rage :sniper:

I though the 1st installment had some potential but ultimately fell short. This one however I found quite entertaining and though the artwork for this is a complete rehash on the 1st's release in the UK if they make the same I think it would make a nice set. If they make the 3rd completely different I would be dissappointed.