The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

thedefector

Premium Supporter
Apr 5, 2012
UK
Second instalment of the franchise to be released in the Triple Play format (Blu-ray, DVD and UV Copy)

Release Date: March 17th, 2014
Purchase Price: £21.00
Purchase Links:
Amazon.co.uk
Zavvi

81dw6s%2B-4NL._SL500_.jpg

81dw6s%2B-4NL._SL1500_.jpg

Attachments

• 71BJ9whqocL._SL1121_.jpg
    71BJ9whqocL._SL1121_.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 274
Last edited by a moderator:
Any idea of print run on this?

Not being exclusive, I'd maybe say more than 4K?

How is it possible to find out a print run, unless it's advertised in the listing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMAX EDITION! :oohyeah::scat::oohyeah::scat:

29620iu.jpg

For anybody wondering, I can 100% confirm that this will feature IMAX FOOTAGE! The aspect ratio transitions, instead of shifting, to accommodate the IMAX FOOTAGE which starts during the elevator arena ascension scene. It's handled extremely well, and makes the already incredible PQ look that much more amazing! :drool:

Last edited:
Imax doesn't work for people like me with a CH 2.35 AR screen. It also doesn't make the pic quality any better. It just opens up the black bars from the top and bottom for people with regular 16x9 setups.

Thinking about going with this one, not sure I like the Future Shop one, does't really go with the other FS one I have, hmmm..

Last edited:
i'm in the USA and i dont like the BEST BUY release, i prefer this one, but then again i dont like the first hunger games movie...this one i think is freat but i dont wanna end up with the steelbook for second part only...lol

Reactions: djprodikis
i'm in the USA and i dont like the BEST BUY release, i prefer this one, but then again i dont like the first hunger games movie...this one i think is freat but i dont wanna end up with the steelbook for second part only...lol

Yeah I don't like the BB one either. This one says that the artwork isn't final though so I'm worried it'll be the same steel.

Yeah I don't like the BB one either. This one says that the artwork isn't final though so I'm worried it'll be the same steel.

I think the artwork will stay. The first movie had different artwork to Futureshop. However, be aware the first movie was also region B locked so if this is the same you'd need to swap out the discs.

another one i have to postpone for a while...i need to see if i like the continuation of this movie, i hated the first part but for some reason i think this is awesome...hopefully the next one is as great at this one....i dont want to end up with just one steel for the whole series..lol