The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

thedefector

Premium Supporter
Apr 5, 2012
UK
Second instalment of the franchise to be released in the Triple Play format (Blu-ray, DVD and UV Copy)

Release Date: March 17th, 2014
Purchase Price: £21.00
Purchase Links:
Amazon.co.uk
Zavvi

81dw6s%2B-4NL._SL500_.jpg

81dw6s%2B-4NL._SL1500_.jpg

Attachments

• 71BJ9whqocL._SL1121_.jpg
    71BJ9whqocL._SL1121_.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 273
Last edited by a moderator:
So what's the difference between this cover and the cover for hmv steel of the first movie (apart from the title obviously)? :wtf:

Different positioning of the bird and spokes in the wheel ;)
picture.php

81dw6s%2B-4NL._SL500_.jpg

Actually matches the FS version almost exactly
attachment.php

So its just copied the first steel. What's so great about that? It doesn't match the first release - it IS the first release with a different title! !! What a waste!:ass::ass:

So its just copied the first steel. What's so great about that? It doesn't match the first release - it IS the first release with a different title! !! What a waste!:ass::ass:

If you don't like this design, then you're going to very disappointed when the steelbook for the third movie comes out.

I love that they're continuing with the mockingjay and really hope they match it for the third movie (with the wings spread).

If you don't like this design, then you're going to very disappointed when the steelbook for the third movie comes out.

I love that they're continuing with the mockingjay and really hope they match it for the third movie (with the wings spread).

My sentiments exactly! It's the only way these films should go. They're going to look great as a collection!

[/COLOR]

Well the plans are for the third book to be split into two films at the moment, so they will need to come up with another variation of the mockingjay.
Thats a hell of a lot of potentially similar steelbooks.

I'll wait for the inevitable FutureShop release.

I'm with you on that buddy. Its all about the artwork on each steelbook. What's the point of having a matching collection when the design is so uniformly bland. Might as well buy 3 copies of the first steel and you have your collection complete today! I would rather have something out of the ordinary like the FS district 12 design any day!;)

Pre ordered in case the U.S. doesn't come out with a steel. I'll want something to go with my hunger games d12.
Dang, will this be region locked tho?

I'm with you on that buddy. Its all about the artwork on each steelbook. What's the point of having a matching collection when the design is so uniformly bland. Might as well buy 3 copies of the first steel and you have your collection complete today! I would rather have something out of the ordinary like the FS district 12 design any day!;)

Its going to be only 3-4 movies not 13 (13 districts with unique symbol) FS stelbook looks good but for me missed completly idea of the series.

I guess I'll wait and see. Lionsgate usually means region B locked, which is no good for me. If so, I'll wait for another country to release this film, with hopefully more unique artwork. Come on Futureshop, show us what you got.

Reactions: Outlaw1986
They should do face steels, like harry p.

1. Prim
2. Katniss
3a. Haymitch
3b. Peeta

I would buy that

Anything would be better than the mockup. To suggest that the series could not be thematically similar without having the exact same picture with minute alterations is just plain ridiculous!

One thing I noticed while in Waterstones today, is that while the book covers have similar variations of the mockingjay - they're also different colours. The first and second are red or orange (can't remember which one went with which) and the third is blue. It's not a huge difference, but I think they should go with that. Maybe since Mockingjay is going to be a two-part film then they can do one in green too.

Poor Effort

Talk about lack of effort where have we seen this one before hmmm, guess all our hopes rest with FS now, I like a movie series of steelbooks to match but come on its the exact same dull uninspiring artwork as the HMV version but with slightly larger image.

Reactions: StifflersDad