The Hunger Games Complete Collection (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Amazon Exclusive) [UK]

Mar 31, 2015
Liverpool, England
Release date: March 21, 2016
Purchase link: Amazon UK
Price: £32.99
Notes: Amazon UK Exclusive SteelBook with Magnetic Lenticular. Containing all 4 films.

91FqCqkVbnL._SY550_.jpg

91LMd0C-OiL._SL1500_.jpg 812o+VX+E6L._SL1500_.jpg 91F+YpcxKiL._SL1500_.jpg

3D Magnetic Lenticular
51i3HFTwX-L.jpg 71oKzUclNKL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Really nice-looking item though personally would have been happier without the lenti magnet although I have to admit it gives the option of different front or back artwork . . .however if I had a white fridge I know where it would be going . . .

As a completist I will be buying this on a suitable price reduction despite having already bought three of the four in the series over the years and despite the following shortcomings :-
- Missing 2 BDs - bonus features disc from "Hunger Games 1" and the BRAND NEW disc containing unreleased deleted scenes and other special features - both discs available in 6 BD non-steelbook collections in other territories including The States, Germany and Australia.
These two discs are also absent in the standard 4 BD U.K. Amaray release (which is almost the same price as this steelbook ! Nuts !!!).
- Missing the uncut "Hunger Games 1" available as "The Unseen Edition"
- Missing "Mockingjay 2" in 3D
- Missing all UV codes included, if I remember correctly, in previous releases
May be a "complete" collection of the films, BUT . . .

Surely there's a "better" system than the stacking system for four or more discs as seen here and in other recent steelbooks ???

Reactions: ash333
Really liking the look of this and p*sses over the 4 separate steels.
That front image alone smashes the other four steel artworks

I never got the last one due to the absent spine title and will happily sell the awful steels for the first 2 films to put toward this but I'm a bit skint for a few weeks so will wait it out.

Really don't get what people's problems are with stacking discs! Makes no difference to me (although this only 4 discs and not sure why they never used a tray but again don't bother me at all)

Only thing that's a little bit of a downer is the other missing discs but again it's no biggie. I've never even looked at the special features disc for the first film and the missing of 3D for the second film don't bother me either

Just hope the lenti is good and has some depth. Looks nice in the photos but hard to tell depth with lentis until in hand (unless the photos posted are blurry like the zavvi lentis but that don't seem the case with this release which is good)

Selling the others mate. :thumbs:

Not get much for them :(

That's cool but a lot of people do simply double dip which is also up to them

I don't like that the discs are stacked causes damage and would have hurt them to put one of those wee divider things rather than stacking

• Informative
Reactions: Flloydo

I don't like that the discs are stacked causes damage and would have hurt them to put one of those wee divider things rather than stacking

Happy to get something for them to offset the cost. No biggie.

Just want to say that it don't cause damage to blu Ray discs when you stack them especially when it's 3 or 4 discs on top of each other like game of thrones steels. They are scratch proof.
You need something a bit sharper to actually scratch them.

Also I agree that I won't get much for my first 2 steels but I never bought the 3rd steel on its own or pre ordered the new one so the price justifys buying the whole collection of films for me.
But can understand for the people who bought part 1 won't want this. Although I didn't realise so many people bough the 3rd film considering the title situation

If I can get a few quid for the first two steels and add the money on to this release then it will probably still make it cheaper for me to get this than buying the 3rd and 4th seperately

Just want to say that it don't cause damage to blu Ray discs when you stack them especially when it's 3 or 4 discs on top of each other like game of thrones steels. They are scratch proof.
You need something a bit sharper to actually scratch them.

Also I agree that I won't get much for my first 2 steels but I never bought the 3rd steel on its own or pre ordered the new one so the price justifys buying the whole collection of films for me.
But can understand for the people who bought part 1 won't want this. Although I didn't realise so many people bough the 3rd film considering the title situation

If I can get a few quid for the first two steels and add the money on to this release then it will probably still make it cheaper for me to get this than buying the 3rd and 4th seperately

Yes I did buy 3rd one and know quite a few other people that also bought it. I know some people are bothered by a title on a spine or lack there of but it doesn't bother me and they are nice steels so don't want to give them away for very little to get what is only an OK replacement, if there had been a much more elaborate nice set then perhaps but nah I'll keep the ones I've got and wait for the inevitable price drop on separate fourth steelbook.

And yes they are supposed to be but I am extremely careful with DVDs/blurays and have seen ones scratched in stacked sets, it's very annoying way of doing it wouldnt have hurt putting a divider.

Last edited:
I saw some discussion of the discs but can someone tell me if what's missing or extra than the previous individual steels?

Last edited:
Has anyone else received theirs with scuffing on the front?

1zqwrac.jpg

I'm assuming this is from the lenticular magnet although I personally took great care when I took it off.

I've just requested a replacement so will be checking that when it arrives.

Anyone who's got this and not opened it I'd suggest you do so you can check its okay.

This really pi***s me off..Mine has just arrived today via the normal post, in a damn thin cardboard mailer (the ones standard DVD or CDs get sent in, 'lil envelopes as you may call them), and as you probably guessed, the item has sustained a number of dings along the side edges, also the lenti has proven to be a disappointment, the depth is actually shallow, not quite what I was expecting, and it transitions looking straight on, so the 3D effect can only be seen when looking at it while tilting it a lot either left of right.

And not a fan of the stacked discs, it's quite a pain getting the discs out, expecially the bottom one as it seems to need extra pullying power to lift, so much I have to push my finger nails on the prongs on the spindle to try and remove them without bending the discs too much.

I have to say, I do like the look of the steelbook though and the red is striking when the light hits it.

Reactions: Flash
Pee'd off mine arrived with a dent. INADEQUATE packaging ... a simple cardboard envelope ! wtf

I've already been warned by Amazon about my high number of returns so I don't want to send this back as I risk being banned from amazon !!!

9d1lsD.gif

Pee'd off mine arrived with a dent. INADEQUATE packaging ... a simple cardboard envelope ! wtf

I've already been warned by Amazon about my high number of returns so I don't want to send this back as I risk being banned from amazon !!!

9d1lsD.gif

God have they really warned you about returns? That sounds like Zavvi

Maybe if the companies wouldn't send out items poorly packaged and often damaged before even entering the packaging people wouldn't have to complain. Do they think people enjoy the hassle and time taken for returns?

God have they really warned you about returns? That sounds like Zavvi

Maybe if the companies wouldn't send out items poorly packaged and often damaged before even entering the packaging people wouldn't have to complain. Do they think people enjoy the hassle and time taken for returns?

Yes. I Google'd it ... if you return more than you spend on Amazon you risk being banned for life.

I got my warning when I returned my last steelbook due to dents.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Flash