The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part I (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: March 16th, 2015
Prices: £21.75 (Amazon UK) - £20.99 (Zavvi)
Purchase links:
Amazon.co.uk
Base.com
Zavvi.com

02.jpg

03.jpg 04.jpg
00.jpg 01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Did the other UK releases have the title on the side of the J-Card like this? I can't remember.

If they didn't I'm wondering if they amended the J-Card after realising the spine wasn't right.

Edit: Someone was asking about the audio tracks earlier. So here's that info:

Catching fire has it on jcard

2015-03-16 15.34.19.jpg

• Helpful Post
Reactions: MrBMT
Definitely an error, but whether it's a cock-up by Lionsgate for not sending the correct artwork into production, or whether Scanavo screwed up during production I don't know. Certainly it wouldn't have been intentional, especially as the designs thus far have been so consistent. It's not like Disney with their reluctance in titles as a cost-cutting exercise.

I wonder if anything can be done about it. Personally I'd like some exchange program or something where you can send proof of purchase and Lionsgate will send out a naked steelbook with just the spine on it (put on your own front and back). I consider all of these incredibly unlikely though.

11043818-1416413381-969977.jpg

Not sure if its an error as the mock up clearly showed there was no title on the spine and looks as if it was intentional
Its not something I personally like as I like to have a title on the spine

If it was an error then why has the mock up in the OP and other websites not have a title on the spine

11043818-1416413381-969977.jpg

Not sure if its an error as the mock up clearly showed there was no title on the spine and looks as if it was intentional
Its not something I personally like as I like to have a title on the spine

If it was an error then why has the mock up in the OP and other websites not have a title on the spine
But it does say "artwork tbc" and if this was the final art then why isn't there a lionsgate logo on the spine?

But it does say "artwork tbc" and if this was the final art then why isn't there a lionsgate logo on the spine?
Artwork TBC means nothing as that's just there to cover possible changes and can be there even after a release has already come out

If you take the Mock up as is without the missing lionsgate logo its the same as what was released no title on the spine

Last edited:
Did the other UK releases have the title on the side of the J-Card like this? I can't remember.

If they didn't I'm wondering if they amended the J-Card after realising the spine wasn't right.

Edit: Someone was asking about the audio tracks earlier. So here's that info:

Nope, just checked and the first film didn't have the title on the side of the j-card don't think the sequel did either.

Artwork TBC means nothing as that's just there to cover possible changes and can be there even after a release has already come out

If you take the Mock up as is without the missing lionsgate logo its the same as what was released no title on the spine

But the very fact it does have the Lionsgate and Blu-ray logo on the 'finished' product shows that the mock-up wasn't final.

Besides the point is, why leave the title off the spine in this specific case? It's not a language issue, as the same steelbook isn't available worldwide like say, Thor: The Dark World or Guardians of the Galaxy (plus, the title is still printed on the front). It doesn't match the first 2 spine-wise, yet the front and back does. Lionsgate have never had a blank spine before (the closest would be Ultimate Avengers which had 'Marvel Animated Features' on the spine but no title on the front, and finally, why do it for part 3 of a 4 part franchise? If Mockingjay Part II has a title on the spine, that would confirm the error.

Reactions: StifflersDad
Just spoke with a guy at lionsgate about the spine and they have had a fair few complaints today by telephone and email so chaps if we want this fixed get on to them and complain.
STRENGTH IN NUMBERS if we want a matching set.
They did say they are working on a fix and everyone must be registered on file.:thumbs:

Do you happen to have a contact email for them?

E-Mailed Zavvi about why they haven't dispatched it yet.

I am really sorry that this has not yet been dispatched. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 Steelbook is on special order for you with our supplier but at this time they are unable to give me a date for when they will have it back in stock. In the meantime our buyers are trying to obtain this for you from other suppliers.

Sounds like a generic response to me because in my inital E-Mail I said it was due for release on the 16th. If it is accurate one has to wonder why they haven't as yet recieved the delivery from Lionsgate.

well mine turned up today from amazon, pure dis-appointment flat matte no embossing no title on spine but they shoved it on jcard side instead.

this will is worth £9.99 no more anyone with any sense hang on it will drop like a stone, unfourantely for me when amazon shipped they stuck the sticky bag onto the cellophane and it ripped otherwise it would have gone back!

as to lionsgate putting it right excuse my french but ill just say one word and thats called bullsh@t, i have never ever know a steel be put right after a release unless someone care to show me one example?
I just believe you are being fobbed off.

anyone got any sense will leave this alone for the minute

basil :thumbs:

Just spoke with a guy at lionsgate about the spine and they have had a fair few complaints today by telephone and email so chaps if we want this fixed get on to them and complain.
They did say they are working on a fix and everyone must be registered on file.:thumbs:

How do we register?

Well done kingkarl1967 for geting on to them for this, I really hope they do honor this but it's a poor decision from them from the start. I think collectors should give all these studios complaints, for no titles, horrible artwork, quality etc, will show which studios listen too, best of luck to collectors with this no spine title issue.

Reactions: kingkarl1967