Live 12pm UK time Black Friday 11/28

Release date: March 9, 2015
Purchase link: The Imitation game
Price: £19.99
Notes: Matte finish

11048000-1417112585-881497.jpg

11048000-1417112611-751436.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What annoys me is that there's no gloss or embossing - you really need at least these of them or it looks very very plain, but mainly gloss is needed for most releases. Just a total lack of effort all round :angry:

Quantity is being prioritised over quality. ..Sadly
Unfortunately so- Seems we (as collectors) are on a bit of a losing streak atm- In the instance of this sb, it seems as though there was next to no quality control involved with the final product.
Suppose I'll be sending mine back to Zavvi sharpish and grabbing the regular amaray case instead, and save a few £'s in the process...

Reactions: SteelbookGenius666
What annoys me is that there's no gloss or embossing - you really need at least these of them or it looks very very plain, but mainly gloss is needed for most releases. Just a total lack of effort all round :angry:
Not even that necessarily- think the most disappointing aspect of this is the cropped, low res image- Reminds me of the Buried steelbook, which looked fairly decent in the mock ups, but the end result was truly abysmal.

@peteaypan the top part threw me when I saw it, but it's part of the design, it's meant to be a lightbulb, which works when you see the stream of light on the front and back.
A little disappointing, there's something up with the quality of the artwork I think as it does seem pixelated when you look closely.
It's on the front and back on the mock up, but seems to have migrated to the top edge on the finished product.

I don't hate this release it's maybe a 6 out of 10 IMO, but I expected more and feel that I should not lower my expectations for the premium price that I am expected to pay. ...

Completely forgot when the release date for this was and I intended to cancel. Haven't even the seen the movie before and this is pretty mediocre steelbook.

I do really like the inside art! But I agree, a gloss finish would have been better.
Still trumps the other editions slated for release that we know of so far.
Too bad PA doesn't have the rights, even a slipbox release from them would have been above and beyond everything else. :(

Reactions: Ultron96
Well, mine's just dropped through the door. ..It's in a card mailer and there are several imperfections 1 on the spine and a couple of chips around the edge. Wouldn't care but I haven't opened it yet, to those that cancelled this....WELL DONE, you dodged a bullet LOL.

Reactions: Flloydo