Live 12pm UK time Black Friday 11/28

Release date: March 9, 2015
Purchase link: The Imitation game
Price: £19.99
Notes: Matte finish

11048000-1417112585-881497.jpg

11048000-1417112611-751436.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoa they used a very generous dollop of glue for the Jcard. Really mangled it up by the time I got it off.

Enjoyed the movie, though.
You're not wrong there!

I think it would be no exaggeration to say I could pick out say 4 other steelbooks I own & between them they would have less glue.

Finally received today. Longer than usual. I'll post a few pics later on.
First impression, yes, not the greatest steelbook, could have benefited a lot with a gloss finish or even better colour application, but, it is definitely not the worst I have seen. I really do like the inside art a lot.

I agree. Not fantastic, but I have worse in my collection. I guess they were hoping for an Oscar win to boost sales. Whether we'll see another - better - steelbook of this remains to be seen.

I agree. Not fantastic, but I have worse in my collection. I guess they were hoping for an Oscar win to boost sales. Whether we'll see another - better - steelbook of this remains to be seen.

lol but they did win an oscar 'best adapted screenplay'

Considering all the fuss about the poor quality of the picture used for the steel & obviously a zoomed in version of what we were led to believe it was going to be, I was just wondering if many people have officially let there feelings be known to the studio?

I see that people are kicking off about the new Hunger Games steel having no title on the spine & quite a lot of people have contacted them & the studio have replied saying they are looking into it. I obviously don't know if they will sort the situation though but if it is such an issue with this steel shouldn't we do the same!?

I had a thought, what if Alan Turing met the Terminator? Someone get Arnold Schwarzenegger and Benedict Cumberbatch together!

@peteaypan I have contacted studiocanal before, in my experience, they just give a generic reply and I really don't feel my feedback is actually valued at all. I think the fact they are a movie distributor could be partly a reason for the bad customer service. If you think about it, their main points of contact are not usually with the public, but rather, cinemas, ad agencies, blu-ray/dvd manufacturers and retail businesses.
When it comes to steelbooks, they have a mixed track record. 'Under the Skin' is an example of studiocanal doing a steelbook right! This steelbook is underwhelming, but actually does look ok under a light, the beam of light on the cover reflects very nice in the right lighting.

Interesting photos howiesteed. I'd say that in this case the steelbook image quality isn't good enough for glossing to make much of an improvement.
I would probably agree . It's darker yes but didn't improve it as much as I thought it would . I think fury will be the same . Or possibly worse ..... I was just bored lol. Mask I'm probably gonna give it a try

Good luck with The Mask! I hope that one looks great after glossing. I may have to send you my Alien steelbook. Tom Skerrit and Veronica Cartwright used the worst metallic pens, they don't dry and are already smudged and rubbing off. they need protecting...

This was showing OOP after I had waited and waited for a price drop (that I think never came) and so I never bought it.
Now it's back at the same price of GBP 19.99 (or GBP 18.99 with ZVC5) and I'm back to waiting for a price drop . . .
It's also on the auction site too (if it wasn't there before ?) :-
Zavvi Outlet Store - GBP 21.98 "More than 10 available"
Hut Group Outlet - GBP 29.99 "More than 10 available"
Think I'll wait a while longer . . .

Last edited:
This was showing OOP after I had waited and waited for a price drop (that I think never came) and so I never bought it.
Now it's back at the same price of GBP 19.99 (or GBP 18.99 with ZVC5) and I'm back to waiting for a price drop . . .
It's also on the auction site too (if it wasn't there before ?) :-
Zavvi Outlet Store - GBP 21.98 "More than 10 available"
Hut Group Outlet - GBP 29.99 "More than 10 available"
Think I'll wait a while longer . . .
Not so sure about waiting longer, the ebay zavvi outlet listing states a quantity of 17 as of now, how accurate that is I don't know.

The Hut Group Outlet listing has been removed.

Interesting that this went OOS quietly and no one noticed ! (or cared)

• Helpful Post
Reactions: virkia
Back again . . . but still at a penny short of 20 quid !
Damn . . . I'd like to buy this but NOT at that price :(
Patiently waiting for under 10 quid . . .

EDIT 1/2/16:
FINALLY nabbed one for GBP 9.89 (with the ZAVWEL54 code floating around) together with "Whiplash" for GBP 11.69 - 2 gaps in the collection that I feared would never be filled (breathes sigh of relief).

Last edited: