Live 12pm UK time Black Friday 11/28

Release date: March 9, 2015
Purchase link: The Imitation game
Price: £19.99
Notes: Matte finish

11048000-1417112585-881497.jpg

11048000-1417112611-751436.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah got 11 hours and 9 mins until this is live (aswell as horns and Dracula) well considering the Black Friday deals (non steelbooks) was meant to be live 51 mins ago and still nothing i wouldn't count on them being on time with these. Either miles before or after

Yeah got 11 hours and 9 mins until this is live (aswell as horns and Dracula) well considering the Black Friday deals (non steelbooks) was meant to be live 51 mins ago and still nothing i wouldn't count on them being on time with these. Either miles before or after

There is some stuff reduced in the Black Friday section, not a lot but some stuff has got reduced since midnight

Definite purchase for me. So good is this film that I've seen it twice already at the cinema.

For me, it's a perfect example of British film making at it's best, with dignified and restrained performances from all of its principal actors, not only Benedict Cumberbatch but also Keira Knightley, Mark Strong and Charles Dance.

I'd put it up there with the likes of other recent and great period pieces such as "The King's Speech" and "Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy".

I'm also glad that this film puts paid, once and for all, to the lies propagated in "U571", as to who was responsible for capturing the Enigma machine.

@lgans316 The front and rear artwork is not the same. On the front, Benedict Cumberbatch is facing forward whilst on the reverse, he is facing the computer. Clearly, an intentional aspect of its design.

Last edited:
Reactions: Metasyntactic
What?? I didn't find it lighthearted at all, I found it very deep, very humble and quite tragic to be honest. As a film it's incredible, great acting and script.

What's more incredible is that is is true.
It had comedic moments in it; the 'are you coming to lunch' conversation, followed by the follow up joke later on in the movie with the sandwich being one example.
The scriptwriters did a stellar job and didn't saturate the movie with jokes, but there were lots of clever quips that left me with a smile on my face.