Zavvi
Base

Vote for artwork here

Option 1:
option 1.jpg

Option 2:
option 2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If you go back to the first page you will see that I also stated that Amazon always to this like you have just said but in this instance is much higher than what they usually price them at originally also I see it as them doing research on how many people order at the original asking price (and with any title they place on place holder prices) to work out if they can up the price a bit and see what they can get away with. I know this will drop slightly but if people are pre ordering this it will minimize the chances of a more realistic price drop. I never order from Amazon straight away anyway and I always wait past the first hurdle until they drop the price and then I work out who has the better price.
Also wont this appear on other sites like zavvi and in HMV? Can't see it being an Amazon exclusive

They dont though - everything drops in line with supermarkets, im sure they pay no attention to pre order numbers at a high price it is just their system. Plus theyre one of the only companies who a proper price promise system, pre order, get it at the lowest price, done deal. Off topic i know but still

Reactions: Flloydo
They dont though - everything drops in line with supermarkets, im sure they pay no attention to pre order numbers at a high price it is just their system. Plus theyre one of the only companies who a proper price promise system, pre order, get it at the lowest price, done deal. Off topic i know but still

Fair point. I didn't know they go in line with supermarkets. I love Amazon and don't have a problem with them (my order history goes back about 12 years) , some items are slightly higher at times and sometimes great prices and yeah I agree their price promise is great but I just thought maybe they do go by pre order numbers but I'll take your word for it.
I know this will drop in price so please I don't want from people ahhh you were wrong Flloyd lol (just look at my first post in this thread) I just meant hold off pre ordering until the price is right . Any who I'm sure we will see a price drop soon as well as other companies announcing it.
I for one loved this film and Kim was classic in it!

Reactions: Maccadinho25
Clearly going to drop in price so dont get your knickers in a twist - most new Amazon listings start very high and soon drop and im sure we all know this....
Relax macadamia nuts, it was a joke. We don't need you to educate us (use your time wisely) about the price drop. You even said yourself "we all know this" so why bother mentioning it just to be condescending? You're on time out!

Relax macadamia nuts, it was a joke. We don't need you to educate us (use your time wisely) about the price drop. You even said yourself "we all know this" so why bother mentioning it just to be condescending? You're on time out!
I try to use my time wisely yet read 20 odd posts about the high price and wasted a minute of my life doing so...enjoy the thread :thumbs:

If you go back to the first page you will see that I also stated that Amazon always to this like you have just said but in this instance is much higher than what they usually price them at originally also I see it as them doing research on how many people order at the original asking price (and with any title they place on place holder prices) to work out if they can up the price a bit and see what they can get away with. I know this will drop slightly but if people are pre ordering this it will minimize the chances of a more realistic price drop. I never order from Amazon straight away anyway and I always wait past the first hurdle until they drop the price and then I work out who has the better price.
Also wont this appear on other sites like zavvi and in HMV? Can't see it being an Amazon exclusive

Yup, I get what you are saying mate. But here's the thing. So far there have been no other confirmed releases for this in Steelbook format so at this stage, it is an exclusive. Also, we are not the only steelbook forum on the web and there are many other people who are ordering this. You also have to take into account the amount of people who order and cancel closer to the time of release. This is to ensure they have a copy in case it sells out and to get it for the best possible price if it doesn't.

So in essence, I am following that pattern. 1 steelbook isn't going to change the way things have been done. Research? Maybe, but as far as I am concerned, unconfirmed pricing is what steers them in that direction. After all, they don't want to price something for 10 quid and then they ultimately have to sell it at 15 quid. Else they lose out as a business especially if people pre order at a lower price than they should be selling for.

Price is just a placeholder, Mate. They will not necessarily keep the price up if the masses refuse to buy. I am a minority and have no intention of starting an anarchistic approach.
I hope you don't ever plan to be a lawyer. Here's what Amazon's pre-order price guarantee states:
the price we charge when we dispatch it to you will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.com between the time you placed your order and the end of the day of the release date.
That means that if you preorder now and Amazon (Amazon.com refers to the entire Amazon family, in this case Amazon UK) chooses not to lower the price before release date, then they WILL charge you £27.99. To say that the price is "just a placeholder" is completely inaccurate and misleading.

Reactions: Basil
I hope you don't ever plan to be a lawyer. Here's what Amazon's pre-order price guarantee states:

That means that if you preorder now and Amazon (Amazon.com refers to the entire Amazon family, in this case Amazon UK) chooses not to lower the price before release date, then they WILL charge you £27.99. To say that the price is "just a placeholder" is completely inaccurate and misleading.

There is nothing inaccurate or misleading in my post. And you do not need to be sarcastic or condescending to me to prove some point that you think is correct.

Amazon are a business and they do not manufacture these products. Getting the precise pricing on these items can be a tough call to make when they have not yet received their final go-ahead from their supplier. Yet the demand still remains. This is where a placeholder price takes precedence. At least till they can accurately price the item in accordance to what they can offer their customers.

Could be a nice if they do some embossing effects etc. The 27x40 US One Sheet had a "propaganda" feel to it as the paper was discolored in certain areas. I'll buy it but I'll be waiting for the price to drop further or at least first hand impressions. It'll be a bore if its matte.

Reactions: dfoles