Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: November 13, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £15.99

11526668-1404506542639991.jpg

11526668-2054510728552609.jpg11526668-1514510731527913.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Only disappointment with this release is terrible title embossing on my copy...
Ouch! Mine isn't that bad, but it has got a small dent on the front and one of the plastic clips inside has snapped off. I could hear it rattling about, so opened it up to have a look...

P1020473.JPG P1020474.JPG

Gotta say in hand this is even better than the pics show, not a super bright image but none of the previously used art for the film ever has been especially. The finish is excellent and the emboss (if you get an aligned one!) is nicely done - loose disc in mine but it's getting opened anyways so no worries :LOL:

Just put an order in for this one.

That's 'Baby Driver', 'Donnie Darko', 'Iron Giant' and 'Spiderman Homecoming' in less than a week.
And I still need to pick up 'Your Name', that I sadly had to cancel due to the influx of great titles in such a short space of time.

Ouch! Mine isn't that bad, but it has got a small dent on the front and one of the plastic clips inside has snapped off. I could hear it rattling about, so opened it up to have a look...

View attachment 344268 View attachment 344269
Been offered the usual partial refund - 20% this time. Might accept it as the dent is barely visible, and the broken plastic clip again isn't really noticeable and the steelbook itself still snaps shut fine even with a part of the retaining clip broken.

• Thanks
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
Hadn't heard about the embossed glossy title which adds value to an already classy-looking steelbook . . . and that inside artwork looks stunning.

Exterior looks really 'clean' with the text relegated to the interior instead of as customary on the back .

No studio or Blu-ray logos on the spine - unlike on the *mock-up - most unusual with less than a Harry-handful like that here in the UK :thumbs:
upload_2017-11-15_23-59-56.png
upload_2017-11-16_0-2-12.png

I can just about live with "A Brad Bird Film" and "SIGNATURE EDITION" print on the front

Pics courtesy BR.com:-

irongiantcover.jpg

Interior with and without disc (disc unfortunately not of the picture variety):-
insidecover.jpg

The-Iron-Giant-steelbook-4.jpg

Last edited:
THE IRON GIANT UK alongside the package from Japan which includes a slipcase:-
(As can be seen, same image framed in black looks the biz only marred by that ugly "Blu-ray Disc" logo on the front. Was that really necessary after all these years of Blu-rays especially when it's already on the spine!?)

Pics courtesy ClubSteelbook
DPE_kEeVAAAln1H.jpg:large

Spine etc.
DPE_mNRVAAE-Uo6.jpg:large

DPE_k1uUIAAENHi.jpg:large

DPE_lciUEAASQw-.jpg:large

Reactions: dfoles