• How It Should Have Ended - LEGO Super Cafe
  • Trapped In The Ice: A Short Film
  • Dream Job: Meet the Master Builders
  • Unlock the Secrets: The Insider's Guide to the LEGO Movie
  • Deleted Scenes

Last edited by a moderator:
A cracker !
Special steelbook for a Special Edition :thumbs:
Inside art reminds me a bit of the back cover of the two ROGER RABBIT steels.
Yellow discs or picture discs would have been the icing on the cake . . .

Regarding pricing: Typical pricing for a non-3D HMV steelbook with other recent 2D examples priced the same (ANGRY BIRDS, CONCUSSION, THE 5TH WAVE, GOOSEBUMPS, FAST AND FURIOUS 7, THE REVENANT, HATEFUL EIGHT, GRIMSBY, LONDON HAS FALLEN).
Regarding price-drops: Almost as rare as hen's teeth at HMV - unlike at Zavvi - and the only steels I remember seeing price-drops for recently are EVEREST, SCORCH TRIALS, FANTASTIC 4, STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON, SHERLOCK: SEASONS 1-3 & ABOMINABLE BRIDE.
Most of course NEVER drop in price at HMV Online and you have to cough up the full pre-order price if you want them and my guess is that this one will fall into that category because it's a real looker and not priced OTT for a 2D steelbook like 10 CLOVERFIELD (GBP 22.99).

Actually Hmv have had loads of drops on their steels and not just the exclusives. If you go in store your will find a lot more than the steels from their site and after a while they drop in sales (spiderman 2 also dropped which you missed out)
I've worked there a few times and a lot of their non exclusives do drop because I used to buy them at the reduced prices all the time

And this is priced OTT for a 2D film that was released over 2 years ago and as Paul has stated you can already get this under £15 from other countries
If this sells out I have other options which is good to know

10 cloverfield lane is a brand new film not even out yet so that's why it's that price. I agree it should be a little cheaper by £3ish but again I have a feeling that will drop plus it's available from loads of other countries

Actually Hmv have had loads of drops on their steels and not just the exclusives. If you go in store your will find a lot more than the steels from their site and after a while they drop in sales (spiderman 2 also dropped which you missed out)
I've worked there a few times and a lot of their non exclusives do drop because I used to buy them at the reduced prices all the time

And this is priced OTT for a 2D film that was released over 2 years ago and as Paul has stated you can already get this under £15 from other countries
If this sells out I have other options which is good to know

10 cloverfield lane is a brand new film not even out yet so that's why it's that price. I agree it should be a little cheaper by £3ish but again I have a feeling that will drop plus it's available from loads of other countries

If you re-read my post you will see that:-
a) I only mention "HMV Online" not HMV in-store for the simple reason that I don't have a local HMV store any longer and consequently have no knowledge of pricing there or what is included in their regular "2 for GBP 25" promotions.
b) SPIDERMAN 2 (released September 2014) is hardly a recent title and I was clearly referring to recent titles.

Big fan of the upcoming CLOVERFIELD steelbook design but that price is giving me the collywobbles.

Mine arrived today and have to say I'm really impressed with it. Glossy with great embossing. Loving the colour! As has been said it's a shame there's no 3D but that doesn't bother me, just not a 3D guy. Also comes with a new 2nd disc with new exclusive bonus Items. Yep everything (about this) is awesome! :naughty::LOL:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
If you re-read my post you will see that:-
a) I only mention "HMV Online" not HMV in-store for the simple reason that I don't have a local HMV store any longer and consequently have no knowledge of pricing there or what is included in their regular "2 for GBP 25" promotions.
b) SPIDERMAN 2 (released September 2014) is hardly a recent title and I was clearly referring to recent titles.

Big fan of the upcoming CLOVERFIELD steelbook design but that price is giving me the collywobbles.

Okay didn't realise you was naming just recent ones (although looking at the names yeah but just thought you forgot some)

They used to have more on the store but some reason it's just exclusives and a few new ones that are avaliable from other retailers. Not sure why they don't list everything unless they are small quantities in certain stores

I think they include the 2 for £25 online but if it's for the older steels then yeah they won't show online

Me too, love the cloverfield art but the pricing is also putting me off for now. Hopefully at some point after release I can pick it up but I won't be paying £22.99, like I said and I know you only collect Uk but at least it's avaliable other places for those that might want to pick it up at a better price like this one

Language:
English
French
Italian
Spanish
Dutch
Catalonia
Danish
Finnish
Flemish
Icelandic
Norwegian
Swedish

Hope that's helpful :thumbs:

Yeah that was very helpful :) thanks ^^ because I hope the French release is the same steel. And if French is on the disc then it have a high chance. And French is on the disc ^^ :)

Reactions: XCII
Nice sticker and different to the usual one (when it's actually there) :thumbs:

Premium edition ? I'd question that . . . without the 3D or 4K versions when these are available . . . which they both are in this instance.

Last edited: