The Lighthouse (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

zeebeer

(<>____<>)
Premium Supporter
Apr 3, 2020
The Netherlands/Finland
Release date: November 30, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on October 24 at 12 PM for Red Carpet, at 6 PM for general sale - UK Time)
Price: £17.99

12716005-1744809812716914.jpg

12716005-1094809813045213.jpg 12716005-1164809812850705.jpg 12716005-7824809812804730.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The point is Miller thinks it looks better, it's what he wanted.

It's optional, you don't have to watch it.

Again, I don't see the issue.

Complaining about something you don't have to watch.

I really don’t see why it upsets you that people would prefer the colour version, the version that came first, that looks stunning in colour. and your right it is a option to watch it and not once have I said that I’ve been made to watch it. Not once have I showed pointless anger over it. My statement was a simple reply to noodle about black and white films and his point with the trend. My point was I find it more a trend these films that are released as colour and then re released as black and white. I named the recent 3 that’s happens to. Parasite, Logan and fury road. And I don’t have a problem with b&w films (love the lighthouse, angel A, sin city etc)

just because miller thinks it’s better it don’t mean everyone else does or has to. It’s the same as not all directors cuts/ extended cuts and whatever else are better than The original theatrical releases regardless of if it was the directors original vision or their preferred version. Sometimes they are and sometimes they ain’t. Of course all personal preference. I’ve not once questioned why you like the b&w version. And I’m not fully against it, as I stated before I actually like Logan noir but it’s not better than the colour version. Just like I think the colour version is better than the chrome fury road. Only difference with that is I found the b&w version of fury road slightly pointless as it’s such a colourful and rich film.

Why though?

It'd go against the director's vision and ruin the experience he created.

May as well just colour all B&W films while we're at it, oh wait, Hollywood tried that and people hated it.

Whilst I don’t agree with blusteel on this matter (I wouldn’t want to see the lighthouse in colour) your comment about directors original vision is the same as fury road. Okay apparently he wanted it in b&w but that came after his original release with colour. If b&w fury road was his original vision then he should of released it first.

but I agree with blusteel, I wouldn’t want to see the lighthouse in 4K. It would just ruin the anaesthetic of the look. Just like I feel chrome fury road ruins all that effort they put into making it looks so colourful and beautiful. But that’s just my opinion.

Recorded on 26th Oct 2020 around 8:34pm...
As the debate continues, we all forgot the preorder... I thought we were all here because of collecting steelbooks, when exactly did we give a damn about the content? :eggonface:

P.S. I'm looking forward to buying this, I've not seen it yet but really want to :thumbs:

I really don’t see why it upsets you that people would prefer the colour version, the version that came first, that looks stunning in colour. and your right it is a option to watch it and not once have I said that I’ve been made to watch it. Not once have I showed pointless anger over it. My statement was a simple reply to noodle about black and white films and his point with the trend. My point was I find it more a trend these films that are released as colour and then re released as black and white. I named the recent 3 that’s happens to. Parasite, Logan and fury road. And I don’t have a problem with b&w films (love the lighthouse, angel A, sin city etc)

just because miller thinks it’s better it don’t mean everyone else does or has to. It’s the same as not all directors cuts/ extended cuts and whatever else are better than The original theatrical releases regardless of if it was the directors original vision or their preferred version. Sometimes they are and sometimes they ain’t. Of course all personal preference. I’ve not once questioned why you like the b&w version. And I’m not fully against it, as I stated before I actually like Logan noir but it’s not better than the colour version. Just like I think the colour version is better than the chrome fury road. Only difference with that is I found the b&w version of fury road slightly pointless as it’s such a colourful and rich film.

Whilst I don’t agree with blusteel on this matter (I wouldn’t want to see the lighthouse in colour) your comment about directors original vision is the same as fury road. Okay apparently he wanted it in b&w but that came after his original release with colour. If b&w fury road was his original vision then he should of released it first.

but I agree with blusteel, I wouldn’t want to see the lighthouse in 4K. It would just ruin the anaesthetic of the look. Just like I feel chrome fury road ruins all that effort they put into making it looks so colourful and beautiful. But that’s just my opinion.
It doesn't upset me, I never said you had to watch it in B&W or anything like that so I'm not sure where you're getting that from. I never questioned why you liked the colour, I questioned why BluSteel has a problem with The Lighthouse because it was B&W, none of this was aimed at you.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
It doesn't upset me, I never said you had to watch it in B&W or anything like that so I'm not sure where you're getting that from. I never questioned why you liked the colour, I questioned why BluSteel has a problem with The Lighthouse because it was B&W, none of this was aimed at you.
I actually never said I had a problem with the B&W......!

I think the B&W version for Mad Max, Parasite etc is more of a gimmick and it doesn't add anything (you could call that artsy fartsy) but the B&W and aspect ratio carries the Lighthouse, it's kinda the point of the movie. If you don't like it this way, I don't think you'll like it in colour with normal aspect ratio. I think it would be worse to be honest. So there is a difference *IMO*

The mad max and parasite B and W is a bit artsy really. They weren’t shot that way so you’re right to say afterthought. With this movie shot on actual black and white film there’s no debate and no going back; That’s the look they’re going with. Bet it looked good in the cinema. Definitely getting this so I hope it’s good and if I don’t like it, the steelbook is still nice. Think it will sell out fast just because of the “look”.

The mad max and parasite B and W is a bit artsy really. They weren’t shot that way so you’re right to say afterthought. With this movie shot on actual black and white film there’s no debate and no going back; That’s the look they’re going with. Bet it looked good in the cinema. Definitely getting this so I hope it’s good and if I don’t like it, the steelbook is still nice. Think it will sell out fast just because of the “look”.
I can confirm it looked gorgeous in cinema. I was very said to discover that it wasn’t screened on the actual 35mm film anywhere... I still hope it will happen some day as a special event.

Reactions: MrSquifler
Not surprising really. The cinemas are all set up for 4K digital now. They’d probably struggle to find a real projectionist these days too so they won’t waste money making prints. It’s the sort of thing a small independent might try, you never know.

you had been replying to me since me and noodles spoke about the trend lol.
It’s fine anyway. Like others have mentioned it’s a gimmick with Logan, fury road and parasite. Another way to watch the movie. All good

Reactions: zeebeer