tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Votes
Title: The Lion King

Genre: Adventure, Animation, Family

Director: Jon Favreau

Cast: Donald Glover, Beyoncé Knowles, James Earl Jones, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Alfre Woodard, John Oliver, John Kani, Seth Rogen, Billy Eichner, Eric André, Florence Kasumba, Keegan-Michael Key, JD McCrary, Shahadi Wright Joseph

Release: 2019-07-17

Plot: Simba idolises his father, King Mufasa, and takes to heart his own royal destiny. But not everyone in the kingdom celebrates the new cub’s arrival. Scar, Mufasa’s brother—and former heir to the throne—has plans of his own. The battle for Pride Rock is ravaged with betrayal, tragedy and drama, ultimately resulting in Simba’s exile. With help from a curious pair of newfound friends, Simba will have to figure out how to grow up and take back what is rightfully his.

Courtesy: The Walt Disney Company

Disney and Jon Favreau Joining Forces on “The Lion King”

We can officially confirm that The Walt Disney Studios and director Jon Favreau are putting a new reimagining of The Lion King on the fast track to production. The project follows the technologically groundbreaking smash hit The Jungle Book, directed by Favreau, which debuted in April and has earned $965.8 million worldwide.

The Lion King builds on Disney’s success of reimagining its classics for a contemporary audience with films like Maleficent, Cinderella, and The Jungle Book. The upcoming Beauty and the Beast, starring Emma Watson as Belle, is already one of the most anticipated movies of 2017. Like Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King will include songs from the animated film. Disney and Favreau are also in development on a sequel to The Jungle Book. No release date has been announced for either film.

The Lion King (1994) is one of the biggest animated films of all time with a lifetime global box office gross of $968.8 million, including $422.8 million domestically. It won Academy Awards for the original song “Can You Feel the Love Tonight” (Elton John, Tim Rice) and original score (Hans Zimmer), plus two Grammy Awards, with the soundtrack selling over 14 million copies. In 1997, the stage production The Lion King made its Broadway debut, winning six Tony Awards; 19 years later, it remains one of Broadway’s biggest hits alongside several other productions running around the world, including London, Hamburg, Tokyo, Madrid, Mexico City, Shanghai, and North America. Translated into eight different languages, its 23 global productions have been seen by more than 85 million people across every continent except Antarctica. The Lion King’s worldwide gross exceeds that of any film, Broadway show or other entertainment title in box office history.

I love The Lion King! :drool: One of my favorite Disney films growing up! But I was afraid this was going to be turned into a Live-Action film sooner or later... however if Jon Favreau is involved, I'm interested! :woot:

Most importantly... Cast these 2 to reprise their roles and this will be golden! :thumbs: :notworthy: :drool:
lionking.jpg

I love The Lion King! :drool: One of my favorite Disney films growing up! But I was afraid this was going to be turned into a Live-Action film sooner or later... however if Jon Favreau is involved, I'm interested! :woot:

Most importantly... Cast these 2 to reprise their roles and this will be golden! :thumbs: :notworthy: :drool:
View attachment 267948

I 100% agree! If anyone from the original cast is willing to come back, they should most definitely be coming back. :yawn:

• Thanks
Reactions: bloodsnake007

View attachment 267948

Been thinking this for a while now and wondering when this would be announced.
I'm guessing they were waiting to see how jungle book would do but considering it's pretty f*cking epic I have faith favreau will do it justice

Still need to see Petes dragon and I'm hoping dumbo and beauty and the beast turn out well.
Little mermaid and pinnochio will be next. (Even though a few versions of both have been in the pipeline for a while)

• Thanks
Reactions: bloodsnake007
Seth Rogen as Pumbaa can be epic if done correctly,and the whole cast looks just awesome! Can't wait to see this one

Rogan is a great choice for pumba but I have no idea who the other is

I will never be able to un-hear Nathan lane.
So I hope this new guy has that kind of voice - looking at him says different to me!

Last edited:
Rogan is a heat choice for pumba but I have no idea who the other is

I will never be able to un-hear Nathan lane.
So I hope this new guy has that kind of voice - looking at him says different to me!

WHA!!!! YOU MUST GO WATCH BILLY ON THE STREET RIGHT NOW.
You'll be on Youtube for hours now laughing your ass off.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
WHA!!!! YOU MUST GO WATCH BILLY ON THE STREET RIGHT NOW.
You'll be on Youtube for hours now laughing your ass off.

That was quite funny, the Scottish woman jumping up and down at Pratt lol

But his voice is extremely annoying so it's now ruined my excitement for timon

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database