tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Votes
Title: The Lion King

Genre: Adventure, Animation, Family

Director: Jon Favreau

Cast: Donald Glover, Beyoncé Knowles, James Earl Jones, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Alfre Woodard, John Oliver, John Kani, Seth Rogen, Billy Eichner, Eric André, Florence Kasumba, Keegan-Michael Key, JD McCrary, Shahadi Wright Joseph

Release: 2019-07-17

Plot: Simba idolises his father, King Mufasa, and takes to heart his own royal destiny. But not everyone in the kingdom celebrates the new cub’s arrival. Scar, Mufasa’s brother—and former heir to the throne—has plans of his own. The battle for Pride Rock is ravaged with betrayal, tragedy and drama, ultimately resulting in Simba’s exile. With help from a curious pair of newfound friends, Simba will have to figure out how to grow up and take back what is rightfully his.

Viewing booked in the IMAX in 3d with the family
Massive Lion King fans but I am have some trepidation with the reports of the voices matched to the faces of the animals.

I saw this today and what a beautiful film and experience. :) Soundtrack was fantastic and the cast was funny especially Seth and Billy. Definitely recommend to those that cherished the original like myself. :whistle::cool: #HakunaMatata

Reactions: DrH
Awesome movie
The music in the Lion King in whatever format it is seen be it the original animated film, the stage show and now the newest offering is such a huge part of the experience. The circle of life had me in tears from the off

Reactions: MGD
Saw this last night. I was a little worried because I had heard some negative things... BUT I totally disagree with them! I really liked it.
This is one of the better Disney "Live Action" remakes that has come out. And maybe thats because its so close to the animated film. the CGI is incredible. It looks SO REAL. I was in awe the entire time.

Reactions: Drum18 and vexred