Purchase link: Arrow Films.co.uk
Price: £18.99
Notes:

LGF_3D_SB_FRONT_V7-500x500.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Update from Arrow Video Facebook
For those who ordered the BOX SET
***THE LONG GOOD FRIDAY + MONA LISA BOXSET RELEASE UPDATE ***
Unfortunately we have run into a few last minute printing delays with the hardback book included in the set and are having to push the release date back to May 18th. We are confident that direct orders via the Arrow Store will start shipping prior to this revised release date however.

The Steelbook of The Long Good Friday is unaffected and this will still be released on May 4th.

I've gone with the boxset for this one direct from Arrow so hopefullly it comes sooner than 18th May, I might get the steelbook in a sale if it makes it that long.

I really love this film and I get most of my Arrow releases in steelbook where possible

I have a suspicion that Zavvi have changed the price on my order with notifying me

My original order the price was €24.49 before any discounts
I ordered with this steelbook with 2 other different steelbooks and used 10% off £50 spend making my order price €22.05

I cancelled the 2 other steelbooks months ago in this order but kept my order for long good friday
The price is still showing in my account as €22.05 in my order

Today my debit card was charged €26.04
This is the only steelbook I still have on order with a release date of 4th of may

If Zavvi have changed my order price due to cancelling the other 2 steelbooks they are in serious trouble
Before discount my original order price was €24.49 not €26.04

Under distance selling rules a customer may cancel an order or part of an order at any stage before order shipped and 14 days after delivery
You can cancel a distance contract without giving a reason and without incurring charges or penalties

If that debit charge on my debit card of €26.04 is for The Long Good Friday Steelbook Zavvi will be facing fine for breach of sales of goods act and breach of distance selling rules and me going to a solicitor to take legal action against Zavvi
Any change in price a customer is to be charged by a retailer if its more than previous price accepted in an order they must be notified in writing before any attempt of payment has been taken from a customers bank account if its more than original price agreed and option to cancel or accept price change if this is not done then an offence under sales of goods act has been committed by the retailer

God help Zavvi if they are now changing a price in an order without notifying the customer before they charge a debit card

Last edited:
I have a suspicion that Zavvi have changed the price on my order with notifying me

My original order the price was €24.49 before any discounts
I ordered with this steelbook with 2 other different steelbooks and used 10% off £50 spend making my order price €22.05

I cancelled the 2 other steelbooks months ago in this order but kept my order for long good friday
The price is still showing in my account as €22.05 in my order

Today my debit card was charged €26.04
This is the only steelbook I still have on order with a release date of 4th of may

If Zavvi have changed my order price due to cancelling the other 2 steelbooks they are in serious trouble
Before discount my original order price was €24.49 not €26.04

Under distance selling rules a customer may cancel an order or part of an order at any stage before order shipped and 14 days after delivery
You can cancel a distance contract without giving a reason and without incurring charges or penalties

If that debit charge on my debit card of €26.04 is for The Long Good Friday Steelbook Zavvi will be facing fine for breach of sales of goods act and breach of distance selling rules and me going to a solicitor to take legal action against Zavvi
Any change in price a customer is to be charged by a retailer if its more than previous price accepted in an order they must be notified in writing before any attempt of payment has been taken from a customers bank account if its more than original price agreed and option to cancel or accept price change if this is not done then an offence under sales of goods act has been committed by the retailer

God help Zavvi if they are now changing a price in an order without notifying the customer before they charge a debit card
Have they added a postage charge ?

Have they added a postage charge ?
That's not possible I live in Ireland free postage my order has price €22.05 with postage free

My debit card has been charged €26.04
I don't have any orders placed at that price in my order history from my first ever order to date
The only order that's due for payment is the long good Friday that's has a release date of 4/05/2015
I don't have any other orders due till later next month and none are €26.04

Last edited:
That's not possible I live in Ireland free postage my order has price €22.04 with postage free

My debit card has been charged €26.04
I don't have any orders placed at that price in my order history from my first ever order to date
The only order that's due for payment is the long good Friday that's has a release date of 4/05/2015
I don't have any other orders due till later next month and none are €26.04
OK, in that case, then by all means, unleash hell.....:punch:

@paulboland You are going to take legal action for a few Euros? o_O
Yes its not the price I should be charged its an unauthorized transaction and theft if that is what has happened

I work in security and have arrested people for less amounts and had them prosecuted
In 5 years I have arrested over 450 people
When it comes to theft I don't back down ever

Reactions: Blu-devil
Why not just request a refund?
Not when they do this I wont let them get away with it its that simple
Even if its an error on their behalf they have to pay for making a very bad mistake as they simply cant change a price a customer placed an order at to something they want
The max price they could have charged me if they removed the 10% discount is €24.49 not €26.04
And they must before any price change contacted me first before any payment was taken if its more than my original order price

Last edited:
I don't think I'm out of order in saying that I think you're overreacting, slightly.
I'm not over reacting
To make the price debited on my debit card even worse I have received a despatched email for The Long Good Friday Steelbook and price listed in the despatched email was €22.05

My Debit card has been charged €26.04 and not €22.05

That to me is a very serious mistake and I'm awaiting a phone call from Zavvi senior Management as I have requested this
Any retailer should not be making a mistake like this under any circumstances its totally unacceptable
No matter if the mistake is a small amount or large amount its the same mistake in its action

I have had a reply from Zavvi to a message sent
An actual reply in 1 Min that has to be a record for a response from Zavvi
I received the usual automated we will be in contact you email in 24 hours
I got the reply email 1 min later the response to my questions about price charged that they are getting their finance department to find out why this mistake has happened
To get a reply that quick they know its a serious issue

Last edited: