The Long Good Friday (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

May 30, 2014
Release date: May 4, 2015
Purchase link: Arrow Films.co.uk
Price: £18.99
Notes:

LGF_3D_SB_FRONT_V7-500x500.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@paulboland It is a very serious issue but I bet it won't stop you ordering from Zavvi in the future. :rolleyes:
Well that will depend on their response I already have cancelled 12 orders in past 2 days alone

I'm a steelbook collector so of course I will still get some from Zavvi if its a release I must have but I'm now considering getting releases from abroad if the same steelbook is available and same content or has better packaging extras

I spent last year with Zavvi €4,550 Euro will I be repeating that this year that will depend on how they respond to this mistake as I can easily now get most steelbook releases from other retailers abroad and some have lot better extras with same steelbook bar a few WEA zavvi releases

Reactions: nefilim
It's no Zombie Flesh Eaters but it's another lovely Arrow release. Usual high quality matt finish. Back is a little dull but their usual front art more than makes up for it. Looking forward to watching it this evening specially for Bob's awesome end scene.

I still consider this one of the greatest endings I've ever seen (This and The Thing) a thousands words are said just by Bob's expressions alone, a truly phenomenal performance.

Agreed. He goes from realisation to explosive anger then to utter acceptance of his fate with a million nuances in between. There just ain't many British men's men like that in film anymore.

Reactions: javiermendoza
I don't think I'm out of order in saying that I think you're overreacting, slightly.

Is it an overreaction?. If this sort of practice is done across the board that's a nice bit of unauthorized profit for a company. Nice while you can get away with it.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: paulboland
Yes its not the price I should be charged its an unauthorized transaction and theft if that is what has happened

I work in security and have arrested people for less amounts and had them prosecuted
In 5 years I have arrested over 450 people
When it comes to theft I don't back down ever

Over 450 people? That's a lot of sticky fingers lol

All kidding aside, did you come to any resolution with Zavvi about that overcharge to your card?
I want to know what happened. If it's not too much trouble :rolleyes:

Over 450 people? That's a lot of sticky fingers lol

All kidding aside, did you come to any resolution with Zavvi about that overcharge to your card?
I want to know what happened. If it's not too much trouble :rolleyes:

I'm awaiting the Finance Staff get back to work tomorrow as its a Bank Holiday Today

My bank already have a recorded call about the transaction to my debit card and me questing the amount and are awaiting me to get back to them as is my legal advisors
I will be giving Zavvi the opportunity to sort this mistake but only if its to a standard that I find acceptable not what they consider to be OK
Its very simple zavvi will be facing legal action by me if this is not sorted to my satisfaction and that don't mean me just accepting just a refund of the over charge it will mean a refund and a serious offer of compensation to my satisfaction and in writing an apology and that this mistake will never happen to me again or any other customer ever

To debit any customers debit/credit card to something that's more than the despatch email which by the way is the sale of contract
Is a serious mistake
No business can send a debit instruction to a bank if the customer has not been informed beforehand if a price has changed in their order and must at all times contact the customer before they move forward with a debit of funds and only if the customer agrees in writing to the new price and once an email conforming despatch of an order has taken place a sale of contract exists between the business and the customer

The price in my order and despatch email is €22.05
The amount they debited from my Visa Card was €26.04 that is an unauthorized transaction to what they should have debited from my account

Its a different matter if the price debited was less due a price been reduced due to a pre order price promise neither of these situations apply with my order

When its debiting a customers bank account to more than what the price is in their order without contacting the customer and getting their permission is a very serious mistake and a offence

Last edited:
Is it an overreaction?. If this sort of practice is done across the board that's a nice bit of unauthorized profit for a company. Nice while you can get away with it.

But it hasn't happened across the board though has it? Otherwise I'm sure we'd have heard about it. In my business, I know that mistakes can happen, so somebody threatening legal action over one small mistake would be classed as an overreaction, yes.

Reactions: Driver and lolwut
I'm awaiting the Finance Staff get back to work tomorrow as its a Bank Holiday Today

My bank already have a recorded call about the transaction to my debit card and me questing the amount and are awaiting me to get back to them as is my legal advisors
I will be giving Zavvi the opportunity to sort this mistake but only if its to a standard that I find acceptable not what they consider to be OK
Its very simple zavvi will be facing legal action by me if this is not sorted to my satisfaction and that don't mean me just accepting just a refund of the over charge it will mean a refund and a serious offer of compensation to my satisfaction and in writing an apology and that this mistake will never happen to me again or any other customer ever

To debit any customers debit/credit card to something that's more than the despatch email which by the way is the sale of contract
Is a serious mistake
No business can send a debit instruction to a bank if the customer has not been informed beforehand if a price has changed in their order and must at all times contact the customer before they move forward with a debit of funds and only if the customer agrees in writing to the new price and once an email conforming despatch of an order has taken place a sale of contract exists between the business and the customer

The amount they debited from my Visa Card was €26.04 that is an unauthorized transaction to what they should have debited from my account

Its a different matter if the price debited was less due a price been reduced due to a pre order price promise neither of these situations apply with my order

When its debiting a customers bank account to more than what the price is in their order without contacting the customer and getting their permission is a very serious mistake and a offence

I know how you feel. I am in the same hole as you, only with amazon.fr. They double charged me for a film and I'm still waiting on a refund.
Amazon says they charged me only once, bank says that they see only one transaction but I'm still missing money :)

I'm sure you will get this issue sorted as quickly as possible.
P.S.: No need to pursuit legal action against them. It's not worth your time or your money. Let them refund you and that's that.

Reactions: paulboland

Erm, so you got more than one legal advisor involved over just €3.99? :confused:

I can only hazard a guess that this wasn't cost effective!! :p

Erm, so you got more than one legal advisor involved over just €3.99? :confused:

I can only hazard a guess that this wasn't cost effective!! :p

I contacted my bank on the 28 of May with query about a debit by Zavvi for an amount Zavvi requested to my bank on my Visa Card of which no orders I have with Zavvi are for that amount
The Bank then provided me with all details of the transaction done by Zavvi including the authorization code
I contacted Zavvi on the 29th of May asking why they overcharged me as my order shows €22.05 and dispatched email the sale of contract shows €22.05 in my order but the debit done by Zavvi is not for the amount in my order

Its not about the amount its the illegal use of a customers debit card by Zavvi and failure to respond to me with a full explanation as why this happened and failure to offer a solution or any form of refund
All I'm getting is our finance department are looking into it since the past 6 days
They already have been provided with the order details and transaction details and authorization code

No retailer can debit a customers debit or credit card that's different to the sale of contract amount and if the amount has changed the order must show this change and the customer must at all times be contacted before any attempt to debit a customers bank account and be offered the chance to cancel the order or accept the change in price if that's not done the customers card has been used illegally by the retailer
Failure to respond to a customers questioning an overcharge on a debit/credit card and not providing any explanation after 6 days is totally unacceptable a mistake like this should be fixed in less than 24 hours as full details have already been provided to Zavvi by me and my bank

A retailer that makes a bad mistake like this should provide a very quick satisfactory response and a very satisfactory apology to the customer

A mistake like this is totally unacceptable and makes it worse by failing quickly to respond to the customer with an offer of an apology and satisfactory correct the error

To me this mistake its no different to theft especially when failure to correct it quickly as its an unauthorized transaction I never gave them permission to debit my bank account for the amount of €26.04 Euro and my order I have already received has in my order details €22.05 as does my despatch email of my order have €22.05

A simple we are very sorry for this mistake an a very quick correction of the mistake would have what I would expect from any retailer

Its a very serious issue if any retailer overcharges a customer and debits a debit/credit card for the wrong amount that the customer has in a order

Simple manners and professional response is what I expect from all retailers

Last edited: