The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (4K Blu-ray SteelBooks) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 30, 2020 - January 23, 2023 (Re print) - July 8, 2024 (Re print)
Purchase links: WB Shop - Zavvi - Amazon UK - HMV
Price: £99.99
Finish: Matte w/ no 'bossing (steelbook & case)
Notes: WB Shop includes Artcards - UHD Discs only does not include Blu-ray discs

81Q8mRHYcAL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Warner shop are ****. They wont reply to any of my emails. I should of listened to @Mickle_89

NEVER AGAIN
Warner shop have got to be one of the worst customer services around , I purchased something there few months ago had a problem no email replys at all eventually done a charge back through my bank to get the money back stay clear.

Reactions: djjez83
Just had an email from Amazon saying these will be dispatched earlier on the 16th of Nov
Email you got from Amazon was listing a change of release date to November 16th
Actual dispatch date may be before or after that date as usual with amazon

The other UK retailers still have November 30th as release date for the steelboook release so it's still TBC if the release has been changed for sure yet

Amaray release date has not changed on Amazon UK that is still listed as November 30th

What’s the issue with the WB shop?
In my very humble and limited experiences with WB Shop, it's all been great...

I've had 2 separate orders with them, both pre-orders, and both times the item has arrived a few days earlier than the release date and well packaged.

I actually just cancelled my next pre-order of GOT 4K with them, they did take a day to respond but then let me know that it's been successfully cancelled.
(I will say though the fact they don't simply have a 'cancel order' option in the 'My Orders' section is pretty poor and seemingly why so many people have had issues.)

Plus, they do 10% off for first time buyers, so for both my orders I created two accounts using two different email addresses (shhhh).

They also have pretty good offers on there sometimes - I just picked up Sharp Objects Blu-ray for £9.59 as part of a HBO sale, and a few months ago got the Birds of Prey 4K Steelbook for £17.99 (that one was with one of my pre-orders so had an extra 10% off the £19.99 sale price).

I don't doubt many people seem to have had bad experiences with them, but I felt I should voice my positive ones in response!

Well I for one will NEVER order from them again. Tried contacting them over the last 3 months half a dozen times to cancel an order and not a single response. Joke will be on them as I’ll make sure there’s no money in my bank for them to take come payment time.

Absolute amateurs. You’ve all been warned.

Reactions: Mickle_89
Really tied with this one.
I genuinely love the designs they've used but if they plan to release a better set with extras next year, I could hold on.
That said, the majority of the extras even on the bluray are just in SD and i own those so other than a few new extras that I may never watch, is it really worth holding on? Really wish I'd bought the Book case Middle Earth collection back when, then i wouldn't even be contemplating any new sets.

Reactions: MrSquifler
Really tied with this one.
I genuinely love the designs they've used but if they plan to release a better set with extras next year, I could hold on.
That said, the majority of the extras even on the bluray are just in SD and i own those so other than a few new extras that I may never watch, is it really worth holding on? Really wish I'd bought the Book case Middle Earth collection back when, then i wouldn't even be contemplating any new sets.

Sufficed to say, I own the Book Case Middle Earth set it's the crowning jewel in my collection... I've still pre-ordered both sets .