The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (4K Blu-ray SteelBooks) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 30, 2020 - January 23, 2023 (Re print) - July 8, 2024 (Re print)
Purchase links: WB Shop - Zavvi - Amazon UK - HMV
Price: £99.99
Finish: Matte w/ no 'bossing (steelbook & case)
Notes: WB Shop includes Artcards - UHD Discs only does not include Blu-ray discs

81Q8mRHYcAL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Great... got charged don PayPal for the hobbit one, but for this one the payment failed according to Warner Bros, even though it uses the exact same PayPal setup. Instead of re-trying, they have just closed the pre-order and tell me to re-order.... I would, if it would be available on their site. All they list now is the non-steelbook release.

" Unfortunately we have been unable to charge your registered card successfully for your pre-ordered item. Don't worry as the the product has only become available from today. In order to secure your product you will need to visit our store at shop.warnerbros.co.uk and re order the product and we will ship as soon as possible. "

Great... got charged don PayPal for the hobbit one, but for this one the payment failed according to Warner Bros, even though it uses the exact same PayPal setup. Instead of re-trying, they have just closed the pre-order and tell me to re-order.... I would, if it would be available on their site. All they list now is the non-steelbook release.

" Unfortunately we have been unable to charge your registered card successfully for your pre-ordered item. Don't worry as the the product has only become available from today. In order to secure your product you will need to visit our store at shop.warnerbros.co.uk and re order the product and we will ship as soon as possible. "

Literally had the exact same thing happen to me. It's a disgrace to cancel the order instead of just contacting to say fix the payment error or something similar to let someone know. Never thought I'd say it, but thank goodness for Zavvi coming back into stock.

• Wow
Reactions: Punker76
Literally had the exact same thing happen to me. It's a disgrace to cancel the order instead of just contacting to say fix the payment error or something similar to let someone know. Never thought I'd say it, but thank goodness for Zavvi coming back into stock.
It almost sounds like they had too many pre-orders and couldn't cope, so some just have a "payment issue"

Same thing has happened to me as well, Hobbit charged fine but the same payment method for this one has failed apparently! I also missed out on this Zavvi restock having only just checked, it's very annoying.

I tried phoning them but the provided number gets you nowhere so have contacted them online. Going to see what they have to say but not holding out much hope!

• Wow
Reactions: Punker76
Same thing has happened to me as well, Hobbit charged fine but the same payment method for this one has failed apparently! I also missed out on this Zavvi restock having only just checked, it's very annoying.

I tried phoning them but the provided number gets you nowhere so have contacted them online. Going to see what they have to say but not holding out much hope!
Yeah, probably with COVID they still won't have phone support. It's likely that it will take a while before they respond to webform or email. I did both of those as well, but then I got the Zavvi email, so just went and ordered it there.

do we know when or if these will be back in stock with zavvi and /or amazon uk?
There was a short period already at Zavvi with restock this morning, which are now all gone. So it's currently unknown whether more will become available.

I've never had any response to any email I've sent to warnershop, ever. I think their customer service is non-existant.

do we know when or if these will be back in stock with zavvi and /or amazon uk?

You can set an email alert with HMV, so if they've had cancellations, they will let you know when it's back in stock. I don't think any other retailer does that. Seems like a few of us have had problems with Warnershop, so I'd think it's likely they will come back into stock, but there's no way to tell when.
(edit: Zavvi does email you if you have redcarpet.)

Last edited:
Why are the titles not aligned on the spines?? Those steelbooks look like dogshit
... not forgetting the studio logos ...
1605528870547.png

As everyone knows "sh!t happens" but can be cleaned up ...
1605527557310.png

... as on the new set where thankfully the titles look perfectly aligned:-
1605528678143.png

Last edited:
I wonder if the issue with cancellations is linked to the fact you couldn't put both in your basket at the same time (or at least at one point) as it was limited to 1 per account and they seemed to class them as the same.

After 5 emails to Warner asking to cancel they never replied. Never did a thing so i removed all money from my account and they tried to take it today. I even manually deactivated the account and that didn't stop them.

TOUGH **** MOTHER FUCKERS

NEVER AGAIN

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE OF ANY ONLINE STORE EVER

• Wow
Reactions: Shark
Just now received an email from Warner Bros
Hi,

Thanks for your message and for ordering from the Warner Bros. Shop.

We are currently investigating the reason behind why an email was sent to you informing that your order was cancelled.

It may well be a technical issue, so I have flagged this to our IT team and asked them to resolve this as a matter of urgency. I'll send you an update as soon as I hear back from them.

Thank you for your patience with this matter, and please do not hesitate to let me know if there’s anything else I can help with.

Kind regards,

Warner Bros. Shop

As I managed to get an order in at Zavvi, I replied to the saying it's too late now. Also, reading that reply they don't even understand that the payment hasn't even been taken.

After 5 emails to Warner asking to cancel they never replied. Never did a thing so i removed all money from my account and they tried to take it today. I even manually deactivated the account and that didn't stop them.

TOUGH **** MOTHER FUCKERS

NEVER AGAIN

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE OF ANY ONLINE STORE EVER

I reckon I'm the only.person ever to have had no issue. I emailed asking for a cancellation. Checked 3 days later and it had been done. No fuss. No issue. Must have got very lucky

Ironic given that they have not taken payment and cancelled the orders of many who actually wanted it.
Some arse-elbow identification training required.

Reactions: YellowCake
... not forgetting the studio logos ...

As everyone knows "sh!t happens" but can be cleaned up ...

... as on the new set where thankfully the titles look perfectly aligned:-

I was actually talking about the text on these steelbooks! Take a look at the photos of the set from Mexico posted in this thread!

Also the back side of the fotr steel from the Mexico post shows more of those horrific repeated pattern paint splatters, still happy with my choice to skip this one - would have bought this too if they weren't there but they definitely don't need me to sell out!

Unfortunately, we have experienced a technical issue that caused our systems to inadvertently cancel your order. Please accept my sincere apologies for this and any inconvenience this may cause.

You can now re-order this item via the following link - The Lord of the Rings Trilogy: Steelbook Collection [Theatrical and Extended Edition] [4K Ultra HD] [2001]

We will reinstate and honor any discounts applied to the original order. If you are unable to apply these discounts on your new order, please get in touch to let us know and we will refund your account.

Thank you for your patience with this matter, and please do not hesitate to let me know if there’s anything else I can help with.

Available to all for re/pre-order. No priority access for those who got their order cancelled.

Same here, for some reason clicking it doesn't add it to the cart. I'd much rather order from them then deal with another Zavvi pre-order.

edit: Looks like it's not properly live. The Hobbit is back and available to be put into the cart, but not Lotr.