The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (4K Blu-ray SteelBooks) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 30, 2020 - January 23, 2023 (Re print) - July 8, 2024 (Re print)
Purchase links: WB Shop - Zavvi - Amazon UK - HMV
Price: £99.99
Finish: Matte w/ no 'bossing (steelbook & case)
Notes: WB Shop includes Artcards - UHD Discs only does not include Blu-ray discs

81Q8mRHYcAL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Did anyone who owns this set experience any issues on bluray player with playing any of three movies?
I have issue with LOTR FOTR disc 2 of EE and theatrical version. First one says copyright complication and 2nd one says something similar. Can't even come to the menu, much less even run them. Disc 1 of EE works fine.

Did anyone who owns this set experience any issues on bluray player with playing any of three movies?
I have issue with LOTR FOTR disc 2 of EE and theatrical version. First one says copyright complication and 2nd one says something similar. Can't even come to the menu, much less even run them. Disc 1 of EE works fine.
Can't say I did. Although I do sometimes get a copyright issue playing things on my roku. I think I have a dodgy hdmi cable. It sometimes manifests as my screen going blank when going from BD menu to playing the disc. Perhaps it is an issue with your cable?

No i didn't mate, sorry to hear that

Reactions: 5t33lb0y
What are the chances of The Hobbit steelbook set getting a re-release as well? Or has it already been re-released?
It was available for ages and was even on sale for a while... in fact, I think it only recently sold out.

What are the chances of The Hobbit steelbook set getting a re-release as well? Or has it already been re-released?
Slim. Took over a year to sell out. You should've grabbed it a few weeks ago when it was like £60 on sale.

Slim. Took over a year to sell out. You should've grabbed it a few weeks ago when it was like £60 on sale.
It was actually in stock this morning for a short amount of time. I ordered two copies of it (in case the other one is damaged) but shortly after it appeared out of stock again. They were likely returned copies or some extra stock.

Reactions: samdavies
It was actually in stock this morning for a short amount of time. I ordered two copies of it (in case the other one is damaged) but shortly after it appeared out of stock again. They were likely returned copies or some extra stock.
Yeah, as you say, that was just luck with a few copies being made available. It's not a reprint like there's been with lotr.

Reactions: Miku
This is getting another re print with a release date July 8 2024

Zavvi live to pre order
Sold out
Gone in an hour? Small reprint then, unless the crappy scalpers got wind.
Come on. I'd rather have a new set.
Zavvi more likely just "found" some hidden.

Last edited:
Sold out
Gone in an hour?
Come on. I'd rather have a new set.
Got my order in just in time it seems. Never owned these on physical media before, I'm still debating going for the Middle Earth Collection instead. Am I right in understanding these have no extras, but the 6-film collection does?

Last edited:
Got my order in just in time it seems. Never owned these on physical media before, I'm still going for the Middle Earth Collection instead. Am I right in understanding these have no extras, but the 6-film collection does?
The only way to get all the extras, is with the old blu ray complete 30 disc set.
Or the DVD collections.

Screenshot_2024-04-08-16-43-49-656_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

This one I believe

• Informative
Reactions: walkintom
Ah man my heart skipped. See the email and thought It’s brand new set and it’s turned to be this pile of sh!t again! Ffs

I’ll wait for the Blufans