The Matrix (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: June 17, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order will be live on March 23 at 6 PM UK time)
Price: £24.99

12034134-1864646523549702.jpg

12034134-7504646523653046.jpg 12034134-2834646522452137.jpg

Last edited:
Love the green tone in this film.

Just like I love it in (most) fincher films

Correct. The green hue was intended and used for all scenes when they're actually in the Matrix.

Then if I can see it correctly, the “remaster” actually ruined the movie?!?!?

And about the other question of mine, no one have anything to say?
Also, on a more on-topic point, does anyone had her/his copy shipped/dispatched already?
Cause I had the Black Panther with the same estimated delivery day, and that one dispatched on 11 already!

Then if I can see it correctly, the “remaster” actually ruined the movie?!?!?
It's bit more complicated than that.

The green tint was intended but apparently not by this much we see on the DVDs and Blurays. The original theatrical release did not have the same green tint levels as the Blurays. It's much more closer to the 4K remasters. I havent seen the VHS or the DVDs but I've read that the R4 DVD is the only release with the original theatrical tints. So the '4K remaster' actually made it closer to what the directors envisioned. The original Director of Photography also worked on the 4K remaster so....
In this remaster the green tint is present but subtle. But if you grew up with the "green tint" like many others, it wouldnt be wrong to say this 'remaster' ruined the movie. :D

Also, 'facts' from the internet, so dont quote me on this. When it was originally released in theatres, one of the backlashes was that it was too confusing and people couldnt tell the Matrix and the real world apart, so when they made the sequels the green tint was intentionally added to the tell them apart easily. Then the directors went back and remastered the original and added a green tint that was visually consistent with the sequels (which you now see in DVDs and Blurays) *shrug*

Here is an example:
original DVD/theatrical version
1101585543.jpg

remastered DVD/Bluray
1101585584.jpg

I just got an email confirmation, but it was RELOADED shipped. What is going on?
Same here, don't understand
Yeah me also, even though the website says release date is the 1st of next month.

On a better look, mine too say also that Matrix RELOADED is shipped.

I think we can safely say that Zavvi is doing it again, something like they've done with the "winner to the final", but now messed up the issues.

EDIT: I just really help that was indeed shipped something, not just send the notification but nothing shipped actually!
1560516395513.png

Last edited:
1560515397596.png

Regarding that famous/infamous green tint:
When I watched the three films for the first time last month I thought my TV was on the blink and found the pervasive green really off-putting - not unwatchable, just off-putting ... then I looked into why the films were so green ... then I checked if that's the truth and bumped into this:-

Also, 'facts' from the internet, so dont quote me on this. When it was originally released in theatres, one of the backlashes was that it was too confusing and people couldnt tell the Matrix and the real world apart, so when they made the sequels the green tint was intentionally added to the tell them apart easily.

I always some people was confused by the matrix because at the time it was full of computer jargon. in a world that at the time was only really starting to get familiar with the internet and personal computers, the whole concept of the film was quite alien to those who weren't 'computer nerds'.

matrix was definitely green. should always be green

• Thanks
Reactions: AlienKing
As I stated in an earlier post my Laserdisc copy of the Matrix most definitely has the green tint which was absent from the DVD a few years later.

View attachment 433316

Regarding that famous/infamous green tint:
When I watched the three films for the first time last month I thought my TV was on the blink and found the pervasive green really off-putting - not unwatchable, just off-putting ... then I looked into why the films were so green ... then I checked if that's the truth and bumped into this:-

I wasn't familiar with any of the different home video versions but after watching this the 4K remasters look better than the other versions.