The Matrix (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: June 17, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order will be live on March 23 at 6 PM UK time)
Price: £24.99

12034134-1864646523549702.jpg

12034134-7504646523653046.jpg 12034134-2834646522452137.jpg

Last edited:
This Steelbook is incredible. It has not spotgloss - it is splattered spotgloss, the most of it on the backcover. I never saw this kind of design before and first thought the paint has not not dried, because the spotgloss is a little bit sticky.
Defenitely a very unique design and a more than worthy version for this very good film.

Reactions: goufcustom
This Steelbook is incredible. It has not spotgloss - it is splattered spotgloss, the most of it on the backcover. I never saw this kind of design before and first thought the paint has not not dried, because the spotgloss is a little bit sticky.
Defenitely a very unique design and a more than worthy version for this very good film.

That convinced me...well, that and the current price of 17,99 with additional 10% off :thumbs:

Reactions: Scraggy
I watched the remastered Blu-Ray today and thought it has a nice image-quality, but also asked me if the noticeable greenish color in the inside-Matrix scenes were intended from the regisseur. On the one side it is looking strange and weird - so you could think it is a bad remaster. On the other side there is this point with the non-existing world of the Matrix - it is fiction and maybe you should see it so - with a dark touch, that underlines how rotten a computer simulated reality is. I mean what sense does it make to put the green touch to it afterwards. The whole film has this touch and why not also the scenes inside the Matrix. Propably we will not know it, but it is definitly the better version, for instance at the dark scenes in the film that look more intense.

That convinced me...well, that and the current price of 17,99 with additional 10% off :thumbs:

For some reason this is now super rare and people are paying crazy money for it. I looked at it again and decided that I can easily live without it and put it on ebay. It sold within minutes and I used the funds to purchase Inglourious Basterds Manta Lab Lenti. This is a good day!!!!

How much did it go for?

For some reason this is now super rare and people are paying crazy money for it. I looked at it again and decided that I can easily live without it and put it on ebay. It sold within minutes and I used the funds to purchase Inglourious Basterds Manta Lab Lenti. This is a good day!!!!