The Middle Earth (Ultimate Collector's Edition Blu-ray) [UK]

Jan 25, 2012
Piraeus, Greece
Release date: November 7, 2016
Purchase links: Zavvi - Amazon UK - HMV
Price: £299.99 - £269.99

kdTv4B.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
(n) shouldn't be too long. Keep an eye on your order and let us know.
Yeah, they took the money (reservation made) yesterday shortly after we spoke (well, wrote), but the item is still in ''preparing for dispatch' mode with no e-mail confirmation so far. On the other hand, another item I had to buy (a gift for someone), was ordered, charged and shipped almost all at the same time. The guy from customer service said he 'assures me that no money was taken from my credit card' (though it's not there anymore, I checked), so no idea why are they holding the set... I have a feeling I'll be left without it in the end :notworthy:

Edit:
My status just changed back from ''preparing for dispatch'' to simply ''pre-ordered'' (n):(

Edit 2 - a reply from Amazon:
"Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't received your order # xxxx - it should be with you by now.

Please accept my apologies for this situation. I can see that you relied on us to deliver this order in time for you, and clearly we have let you down.

As our valuable customer, I'll be very much happy to help you with the query.

Please be informed that its not our intention to cause inconvenience to our valuable customer.

In this case I can see that your item "Middle Earth - Six Film Limited Collectors Edition [DVD] [2016] " has proven to be a very popular item. We've many customer orders for this item, and have just begun receiving copies from our supplier. Orders are being filled as quickly as possible on a first-come, first-served basis.

Your order #2xxxxx is expected to be dispatched on 16 November 2016. On the date of dispatch,you will receive an e-mail message confirming the date, contents and method of delivery."

What?!? ... Seriously?! I was among the first ones and it shouldn't be with me by now, it should be dispatched now! And it was preparing to ship yesterday! Come on!

Last edited:
Reactions: elle82
Yeah, they took the money (reservation made) yesterday shortly after we spoke (well, wrote), but the item is still in ''preparing for dispatch' mode with no e-mail confirmation so far. On the other hand, another item I had to buy (a gift for someone), was ordered, charged and shipped almost all at the same time. The guy from customer service said he 'assures me that no money was taken from my credit card' (though it's not there anymore, I checked), so no idea why are they holding the set... I have a feeling I'll be left without it in the end :notworthy:

Edit:
My status just changed back from ''preparing for dispatch'' to simply ''pre-ordered'' (n):(

Edit 2 - a reply from Amazon:
"Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't received your order # xxxx - it should be with you by now.

Please accept my apologies for this situation. I can see that you relied on us to deliver this order in time for you, and clearly we have let you down.

As our valuable customer, I'll be very much happy to help you with the query.

Please be informed that its not our intention to cause inconvenience to our valuable customer.

In this case I can see that your item "Middle Earth - Six Film Limited Collectors Edition [DVD] [2016] " has proven to be a very popular item. We've many customer orders for this item, and have just begun receiving copies from our supplier. Orders are being filled as quickly as possible on a first-come, first-served basis.

Your order #2xxxxx is expected to be dispatched on 16 November 2016. On the date of dispatch,you will receive an e-mail message confirming the date, contents and method of delivery."

What?!? ... Seriously?! I was among the first ones and it shouldn't be with me by now, it should be dispatched now! And it was preparing to ship yesterday! Come on!
This makes me SO mad. First come first served. What a load of crap. We on this forum were some of the first and are being made to wait the longest.

Reactions: MrsRobinson
I wrote another letter in protest. A polite one, but still giving them a piece of my mind! Not sure it'll make any difference.

Did yours ship then? It said shipping now, yes, but did it actually ship? :LOL:;)
Or did you get this (got it 2 minutes ago):
"Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below was changed by the supplier, and we need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release date:

"Middle Earth - Six Film Limited Collectors Edition [DVD] [2016]"
Estimated arrival date: November 14 2016 - November 16 2016

One of our aims is to provide a convenient and efficient service but in this case, we've fallen short. Please accept our sincere apologies.

You haven't been charged for these items. We don't charge your payment card until just before your parcel is dispatched, at which time we'll send you an e-mail to confirm the payment details, estimated delivery date, contents and method of delivery.

If the order won't arrive by the time you need it, you can cancel the order or an individual item from your order by visiting Your Account, and viewing the order details. As long as the item hasn't entered the dispatch process, you'll be able to cancel it.

We hope to see you again soon."

The customer service people really need to catch up on the latest. I was told it was being shipped on 16th, now it's arriving onthe 16th? I was charged, yet nothing is happening with my item status... Interesting. The last time I got an email like that, my item was cancelled by Amazon shortly after.

Last edited:
Reactions: elle82
I wrote another letter in protest. A polite one, but still giving them a piece of my mind! Not sure it'll make any difference.

Did yours ship then? It said shipping now, yes, but did it actually ship? :LOL:;)
Or did you get this (got it 2 minutes ago):
"Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below was changed by the supplier, and we need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release date:

"Middle Earth - Six Film Limited Collectors Edition [DVD] [2016]"
Estimated arrival date: November 14 2016 - November 16 2016

One of our aims is to provide a convenient and efficient service but in this case, we've fallen short. Please accept our sincere apologies.

You haven't been charged for these items. We don't charge your payment card until just before your parcel is dispatched, at which time we'll send you an e-mail to confirm the payment details, estimated delivery date, contents and method of delivery.

If the order won't arrive by the time you need it, you can cancel the order or an individual item from your order by visiting Your Account, and viewing the order details. As long as the item hasn't entered the dispatch process, you'll be able to cancel it.

We hope to see you again soon."

The customer service people really need to catch up on the latest. I was told it was being shipped on 16th, now it's arriving onthe 16th? I was charged, yet nothing is happening with my item status... Interesting. The last time I got an email like that, my item was cancelled by Amazon shortly after.
Mines been shipping for days now yet it says on the 8th. So we'll see. Im sick of whenever you email them, they copy and paste the last reply and resend it. Not good enough.

• Thanks
Reactions: MrsRobinson