The Neon Demon (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Steelarchive Exclusive K 04) [Germany]

CleverLoginName

Ordnung muss sein.
Premium Supporter
Feb 16, 2016
GER
Release date: July 7, 2017
Purchase link: SteelArchive (pre-order June 3 at 7 PM)
Price: €49.95
Note: 167 copies - Includes a 44 page booklet and 6 photo cards
HDN Group Buy: Hosted by Aniv (USA hub ship only)

neon demon.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my copy yesterday:

tnd1.jpg

tnd2.jpg

tnd3.jpg

tnd4.jpg

A bit annoying: The area next to the spine bulges quite noticeably to the inside - I don't know if this is because of the embossing of the hair? Do your copies have this bulge in this area, too? The spine has some creases, so I rather think something heavy sat on the slip... don't know if it's worth requesting a replacement... @DuckDogers
The picture shows the general area of the bulge (which goes up to the top); it's impossible to take a picture of, but it's very easy to feel with the fingers.

tnd5.jpg

Apart from this defect (?) it's a very nice slipbox.

What a horrendous film. It started off reasonably well and was paced like any other Nicolas Winding Refn (NWR) films but the last 20 minutes were easily amongst the worst I have ever seen. This director needs to be get back to Drive mode soon.
Cannot be as atrocious as that pretentious shite "Only God Forgives"

This is even more arty than Only God. If you hated that you will seriously detest this
Really? I found this much less "arty" than Only God Forgives, but that movie had a much more blatant pretentiousness to it--Wong Kar Wai by way of Park Chan Wook. Neon Demon is almost a straight horror movie, but with a very obvious wink and nod to surreal and weird giallo and that kind of thing from the 70s.