The Neon Demon (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Steelarchive Exclusive K 04) [Germany]

CleverLoginName

Ordnung muss sein.
Premium Supporter
Feb 16, 2016
GER
Release date: July 7, 2017
Purchase link: SteelArchive (pre-order June 3 at 7 PM)
Price: €49.95
Note: 167 copies - Includes a 44 page booklet and 6 photo cards
HDN Group Buy: Hosted by Aniv (USA hub ship only)

neon demon.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Confirmed to be a steelbook with a print run of 166..

Pretty sure that it's just the slipcase and that there's NO STEELBOOK included . . .

Don't speak German but can get by with French and for the benefit of others in the same boat there's this . . .
QUOTE "Ce ne sera pas un steelbook. C’est mentionné nulle part. Il ne faut pas se référer au nom “Steelarchive”, leurs exlus (comme Into the wild, The burbs etc…) n’étaient pas des steelbook, mais juste des fullslip, ce sera sûrement le cas pour celui-ci du coup. En tout cas, le steelbook amazon it et amazon de est parfait pour ma part"

As for the German and Italian steelbooks fitting well with the slip . . . judge for yourself . . .

Personally speaking I think it goes rather well - that is, the imagery, if not the front colouring or the spine:-

upload_2017-5-25_0-33-37.png
upload_2017-5-25_0-43-7.png

Original steelbook artwork mock-up with neon lighting preferred . . . the blue background and blue tint to the hair etc. would have complemented the slip front better . . . without a shadow of a doubt:-

Pretty sure that it's just the slipcase and that there's NO STEELBOOK included . . .

Don't speak German but can get by with French and for the benefit of others in the same boat there's this . . .
QUOTE "Ce ne sera pas un steelbook. C’est mentionné nulle part. Il ne faut pas se référer au nom “Steelarchive”, leurs exlus (comme Into the wild, The burbs etc…) n’étaient pas des steelbook, mais juste des fullslip, ce sera sûrement le cas pour celui-ci du coup. En tout cas, le steelbook amazon it et amazon de est parfait pour ma part"
Steelarchive confirmed the change. Limited to 166 and will include the WWA steelbook.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Noodles and virkia
Considering how low the print run is you're basically forced to buy it even if you're not sure you'll like it just so that it won't be completely impossible or ridiculously expensive later

with that said I do like the design and the steel itself, while WWA, is pretty cool

I'm getting this release

There's not really any use to know the time for all these countries considering only people from 5 countries will be allowed to order this.

Kind of a baffling decision really, to limit it to only 5 countries. I know the print run is (bizarrely) small but imposing a limitation like that is very strange.

I wonder on what basis they chose those countries.

But @wouter where did you read that note? I don´t see it on their website :cautious:

Edit: Oh I see it on fb now :dunno:

I wonder on what basis they chose those countries.

But @wouter where did you read that note? I don´t see it on their website :cautious:

Edit: Oh I see it on fb now :dunno:

Cause that distrib doesnt have rights to the other territories i suppose. Much like how and why blufans still sells in underground like channels ... cause their licenses are for china only actually

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Hereticz
Not sure, it does seem too low though. I'm sure they could have sold 500 or more without a problem.

Total 166 copies confirmed and yes steelbook and No international shipping. I will have a small quantity available for GroupBuy for US members only as its cost prohibitive to ship international. Price is EUR 49.95.

International members might want to reach out to their steelbuddy in Germany to secure a copy for them.