The Nice Guys (Blu-ray SteelBook) (The On Masterpiece Collection 006) (KimchiDVD Exclusive #75) [Korea]

Which edition will you be going for?

• Total voters

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
Release date: July 31, 2019
Purchase links: Full Slip A1 (430 sets) - Full Slip A2 (300 sets) - Lenticular (430 sets) - One Click (220 sets) - (Pre-order July 4 at 3 PM Korea time KST) Check your local timings HERE
Price: $37.99 (Individual Editions) - $122 (One Click)
Group buy: USA & Canada only
Kimchi - The Nice Guys (A1) FullSlip SteelBook Group Buy - USA & CANADA ONLY
Kimchi - The Nice Guys (A2) FullSlip SteelBook Group Buy - USA & CANADA ONLY
Kimchi - The Nice Guys (Lenticular) FullSlip SteelBook Group Buy - USA & CANADA ONLY
Kimchi - The Nice Guys (OneClick BoxSet) SteelBook Group Buy - USA & CANADA ONLY

A1.jpgA2.jpglenti.jpgOC.jpg
55840309_2518108005083068_5625991130047840256_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They were blu collection. And all of the These releases have nothing to do with kimchi. They don’t decide on artwork or finishes

This is on masterpiece so look at pans labyrinth and dusk till dawn for ideas on what the finishes will be like
Speaking of which, I remember going through a period of just being ignored by Tony at Kimchi, when I had to email and complain about something with my order (first time I'd ever had to complain about anything to them too). I knew they were a small set-up and apparently Tony basically did everything, so I gave a bit of slack but eventually gave up trying. I then started using @cooey 's GB's for Kimchi stuff as to avoid him and their sh!t CS. I used to think though he would have had so much influence over what they released, artwork, finishes, etc... so obviously super busy and maybe that's the reason he couldn't keep up with everything, but clearly not!!! :facepalm: Lol.. :rolleyes:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Speaking of which, I remember going through a period of just being ignored by Tony at Kimchi, when I had to email and complain about something with my order (first time I'd ever had to complain about anything to them too). I knew they were a small set-up and apparently Tony basically did everything, so I gave a bit of slack but eventually gave up trying. I then started using @cooey 's GB's for Kimchi stuff as to avoid him and their sh!t CS. I used to think though he would have had so much influence over what they released, artwork, finishes, etc... so obviously super busy and maybe that's the reason he couldn't keep up with everything, but clearly not!!! :facepalm: Lol.. :rolleyes:

Ah don’t get me started on Tony

Somthing tells me he used to have something to do with the blu collection but do you remember when they changed their design layout? A bit before the lenti slips turned to actual slips. I think they got a new team in and that’s possibly when he had no say but I’m purely guessing. It’s a weird hunch I have. And most likely not true (about Tony and blu being closer back in the day)

Effect on Hell or High Water a disaster? I do like it but it's a matter of tastes I guess...
That's not what I said at all. You've completely twisted it.

I said, if they used those materials/style on this it would be a disaster. As the colours need to pop not be washed out......

But the washed out look suited the tone of Hell Or High Water and Soldado movies.

That's not what I said at all. You've completely twisted it.

I said, if they used those materials/style on this it would be a disaster. As the colours need to pop not be washed out......

But the washed out look suited the tone of Hell Or High Water and Soldado movies.

I just didn't understand what you've said at first. You make it sound like I've done it on purpose.

Went for the Lenti after briefly contemplating the One-Click, but realizing that that would just be pure excess! Will there be a 1/4 slip later as well? THAT is the one I really want!!
If you look back at the previous releases from "The On", a 1/4 Slip at a later date is rather unlikely to happen (or a 1/4 Slip at all), I'm afraid. I would have loved one as well. This steelbook is predestined for a 1/4 slip, yet there's none. If it were a "The Blu" release, I'd be much more positive a 1/4 Slip edition were to follow later. But it is how it is... :sorry:

Reactions: Lutzo
We still don't know the split between A1/A2/lenti, so it might not mean much.

Kick ass is nova man. I was just using it as a example

Wait for everyone who ordered full slip A to moan because the purple splatter is holofoil. That I can’t wait for
You should know how forgetful I am by now, so be clearer next time! :p

Hmm I hadn't considered that... I'll definitely be keeping slip B and getting rid of A if it features holofoil. :wtf:

Reactions: Flloydo
You should know how forgetful I am by now, so be clearer next time! :p

Hmm I hadn't considered that... I'll definitely be keeping slip B and getting rid of A if it features holofoil. :wtf:
Hollofoil can be wonderful, remember the kimchi Cinderella fullslip that had hollofoil on it and to me it was amazing and still a fav

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Hollofoil can be wonderful, remember the kimchi Cinderella fullslip that had hollofoil on it and to me it was amazing and still a fav
Yeah, it can be very nice when used correctly... Cinderella being the perfect example. This certainly isn't one of those instances though IMO... the film nor the artwork/slip would suit holofoil.

Flloydo has us jumping to conclusions though, because it probably won't even feature holofoil... he just like to cause mass hysteria and then watch from a distance lol.

Yeah, it can be very nice when used correctly... Cinderella being the perfect example. This certainly isn't one of those instances though IMO... the film nor the artwork/slip would suit holofoil.

Flloydo has us jumping to conclusions though, because it probably won't even feature holofoil... he just like to cause mass hysteria and then watch from a distance lol.
Flloydo, the Orson Welles of HDN? The causing mass hysteria part, not the filmmaking genius part.:LOL:;)

Hahaha funnily enough I was going to post *holofoil is not confirmed. Jus sayin but I fancied the mass hysteria

Flloydo, the Orson Welles of HDN? The causing mass hysteria part, not the filmmaking genius part.:LOL:;)

Depends, my home videos are pretty good. But only me and whoever she is watches them after!