The Official Custom Slipcovers & Slipboxes Thread

bigrob

UK Reviewer /Contributor
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 8, 2012
London UK
gonna attempt to create a hybrid Night at the Museum BD with lenticular slipcase and the missing bonus disc

going to purchase the UK BD of Night at the Museum
buy a 2 disc aramay case (14mm) and insert the bonus disc
trim the slipcase on the DVD (currently looking where abouts to trim it)
scan the pack of the slip and make some edits to the details (specs etc)
print it out at work at carefully glue it to the back

hopefully i'll have something to match part 2

Attachments

• 20120304_180358.jpg
    20120304_180358.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 1,370
Last edited by a moderator:
Forget the MCU for a while @Noodles,
How about a slip for the current amaray of this...pretty please, with noodles on top.
View attachment 405889
Hanging for a premium but need at least a decent slip in the meantime.
Yeah, I've already decided to give the Marvel slips a rest for the moment... I even did a poll on Instagram and the majority would rather see something different too. :)

I actually really want to do a slip for Annihilation and did attempt it some months ago, but I was never quite happy with the outcome. Love that artwork you posted! Is it a commissioned piece or "fan art" though? If so, then I avoid using them for obvious reasons.

[EDIT]

Hmm just looked it up and found out its a Mondo release by Rory Kurtz, so I won't be using that I'm afraid bud.

Yeah, I've already decided to give the Marvel slips a rest for the moment... I even did a poll on Instagram and the majority would rather see something different too. :)

I actually really want to do a slip for Annihilation and did attempt it some months ago, but I was never quite happy with the outcome. Love that artwork you posted! Is it a commissioned piece or "fan art" though? If so, then I avoid using them for obvious reasons.

[EDIT]

Hmm just looked it up and found out its a Mondo release by Rory Kurtz, so I won't be using that I'm afraid bud.
Yeah, Rory’s art is stunning. Sadly Annihilation has little in the way of decent publicly available artwork. One of my favourite movies, it sits in my wardrobe because I can’t bear to have it sitting near my premiums:facepalm:

[EDIT]

If you ever do an Annihilation, let me know. Been waiting all year for a premium but no luck :(

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Yeah, Rory’s art is stunning. Sadly Annihilation has little in the way of decent publicly available artwork. One of my favourite movies, it sits in my wardrobe because I can’t bear to have it sitting near my premiums:facepalm:
If you ever do an Annihilation, let me know. Been waiting all year for a premium but no luck :(
I'm actually in the process of revisiting my previous attempt and I'm close to something I'm fairly pleased with now, but with one hitch... the back image isn't the best quality, so I'll have to wait and see if a better version eventually drops. :dunno:

@Noodles Another great slip right there! Nice one!

And btw very eager to see you doing Annihilation, I too think that film needs something special and shame there werent many official artworks to choose from.

Reactions: Noodles
@Noodles Another great slip right there! Nice one!

And btw very eager to see you doing Annihilation, I too think that film needs something special and shame there werent many official artworks to choose from.
Many thanks Martin! :)

As for Annihilation, this is what I want to use for a custom slip (if you haven't seen it already)...

#137 Annihilation (SC).png

Hopefully I can work my magic on making it work for a slip, and if so, then I'll probably get them made once the Zavvi steel is released. :thumbs:

@Damon M @AlienKing Tagging you guys too since you showed interest. ;)