The "OMG the price is high on Ebay, etc!!!" thread

What is your spending limit for Steelbooks?

• I plead the 5th!

Votes: 14 2.6%
  • Under $100 for sealed "Rare" Steelbook

Votes: 145 26.7%
  • Under $50 for any Steelbook

Votes: 139 25.6%
  • Over $100 for sealed, "Rare" Steelbook

Votes: 71 13.1%
  • I'll spend ANY amount to get a missing Steelbook for my collection!

Votes: 26 4.8%
  • It depends on the Steelbook-I decide at the time of purchase

Votes: 199 36.6%

• Total voters

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
So, we have the "Fake" and "Steelbook Price Drop" thread, but we don't yet have the thread where you post listings with "crazy" prices for Steelbooks. If you see any, post them here and have fun debating. As per forum rules, please remain respectful with each other-one person's "high price", could be another's "deal of a lifetime" score. Enjoy! :scat:

Please keep discussion to Ebay and other retailers, not private sellers.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...steelbooks.TRS0.TSS0&_nkw=steelbooks&_sacat=0 steelbooks

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=steelbooks&_sacat=0 steelbooks UK

Last edited by a moderator:
Look at the amount of event tickets get sold on there 6 months - a year in advance. It's ridiculous. "Will post when I have them in hand"..by which point, if they screw the buyer over, the buyer can't do a thing because it's past the time period by which they can file a claim and leave negative feedback.

Iron Sky Jpn could end up the same as Ted Korea. It has a red hot slip.

First Iron Sky hits the bay at a measly $175 compared to $429 for Ted. EEK!

As regards rarity they are in a different league. x100 of Ted printed, x4000 of Iron Sky. I can't see Iron Sky ever reaching the value of Ted.

Reactions: Steelknight47
First Iron Sky hits the bay at a measly $175 compared to $429 for Ted. EEK!

As regards rarity they are in a different league. x100 of Ted printed, x4000 of Iron Sky. I can't see Iron Sky ever reaching the value of Ted.

Also, Ted was a major hit around the world. I don't think Iron Sky even surpassed its budget. Not only that, Iron Sky received negative reviews. I wouldn't pay $175 for a lousy movie. Most grails are part of a major franchise or are well received films (i.e. Rambo, Thor, Iron Man, The Terminator).

Reactions: VRob98