The "OMG the price is high on Ebay, etc!!!" thread

What is your spending limit for Steelbooks?

• I plead the 5th!

Votes: 14 2.6%
  • Under $100 for sealed "Rare" Steelbook

Votes: 145 26.7%
  • Under $50 for any Steelbook

Votes: 139 25.6%
  • Over $100 for sealed, "Rare" Steelbook

Votes: 71 13.1%
  • I'll spend ANY amount to get a missing Steelbook for my collection!

Votes: 26 4.8%
  • It depends on the Steelbook-I decide at the time of purchase

Votes: 199 36.6%

• Total voters

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
So, we have the "Fake" and "Steelbook Price Drop" thread, but we don't yet have the thread where you post listings with "crazy" prices for Steelbooks. If you see any, post them here and have fun debating. As per forum rules, please remain respectful with each other-one person's "high price", could be another's "deal of a lifetime" score. Enjoy! :scat:

Please keep discussion to Ebay and other retailers, not private sellers.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...steelbooks.TRS0.TSS0&_nkw=steelbooks&_sacat=0 steelbooks

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=steelbooks&_sacat=0 steelbooks UK

Last edited by a moderator:
Still dont understand all the name calling on here, if i want to buy 10 copies of each roger rabbit and star trek then sell them all off for double or even triple there value then that makes me "SCUM" does it lol, to me that would say i got some brains.

By the way im not doing this but im trying to make a point as its the person who buys these to resell that have every right to do so.

Still dont understand all the name calling on here, if i want to buy 10 copies of each roger rabbit and star trek then sell them all off for double or even triple there value then that makes me "SCUM" does it lol, to me that would say i got some brains.

By the way im not doing this but im trying to make a point as its the person who buys these to resell that have every right to do so.

The name calling and frustration usually comes from people who would also like to do this, but can't afford it OR have tried it and failed miserably, because they invested heavily in titles like "Battle Royale", "Oldboy" or "Far Cry" :hilarious:

You are right. A person who takes the risk of buying multiples fully deserve whatever profit he makes.

I am pretty sure there are some folks here who use agents or alternate ids to increase the bid. There are some not so hot play.com exclusives selling for double the price which I find it hard to believe. :ohno:

MI-4 Ghost Protocol China with bonus BD went for 23 but the single disc play.com version sold for 32. This shows how ill formed many buyers are in eBay.

Coming to Roger rabbit, I can see it is still available and why are people still buying at inflated price? :confused:

all the skyfalls are going on ebay now

lowest is donna29 with 9 available

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

is thebluraymundo on here ?

Duece I am not calling all sellers on ebay scum. The one I am referring to is a blatant liar as he states it's OOS and OOP. Thats what pisses me off, I could care less how much he charges for raping people, I just won't buy. But the lying is just plain wrong. IMO

Duece I am not calling all sellers on ebay scum. The one I am referring to is a blatant liar as he states it's OOS and OOP. Thats what pisses me off, I could care less how much he charges for raping people, I just won't buy. But the lying is just plain wrong. IMO

yeah i see where your coming from bud , its all good in the hooooood :thumbs:

Reactions: Ricker
Hey guys,
can we get back to 'where you post listings with "crazy" prices for Steelbooks' as per OP and not debating on the purpose of selling on Ebay or not... we all know how it is. ;)

Reactions: BigBlizz
There is one on there right now for a lot less. ;)

:joy: Yours..... I mean it says brand new, but it looks open. I was the winner of that $39 one.:scat:

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

Maybe I can score a HELLA GOOD DEAL like that Inception CH