The "OMG the price is high on Ebay, etc!!!" thread

What is your spending limit for Steelbooks?

• I plead the 5th!

Votes: 14 2.6%
  • Under $100 for sealed "Rare" Steelbook

Votes: 145 26.7%
  • Under $50 for any Steelbook

Votes: 139 25.6%
  • Over $100 for sealed, "Rare" Steelbook

Votes: 71 13.1%
  • I'll spend ANY amount to get a missing Steelbook for my collection!

Votes: 26 4.8%
  • It depends on the Steelbook-I decide at the time of purchase

Votes: 199 36.6%

• Total voters

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
So, we have the "Fake" and "Steelbook Price Drop" thread, but we don't yet have the thread where you post listings with "crazy" prices for Steelbooks. If you see any, post them here and have fun debating. As per forum rules, please remain respectful with each other-one person's "high price", could be another's "deal of a lifetime" score. Enjoy! :scat:

Please keep discussion to Ebay and other retailers, not private sellers.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...steelbooks.TRS0.TSS0&_nkw=steelbooks&_sacat=0 steelbooks

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=steelbooks&_sacat=0 steelbooks UK

Last edited by a moderator:
how can this guy have 2 of each version for sale at inflated prices when its not even gone live yet.... such a con :mad:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Captain-A...911791?hash=item33bc34d7af:g:NqUAAOSwbsBXmL4G
Scalpers gonna scalp! (n):punch: Fortunately as this is quite a high print run, they ain't going to profit from it, there will be ample opportunity to get this at cost when it goes live and because of the print run, they'll be lucky to sell this at cost, although it will be sort after, if they do make a profit, it won't be worth the initial outlay after costs of pp fees & eBay fees. So I hope they have shot themselves in the foot!

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
It's a free market guys, and always has been. We don't ban members for what they legitimately do on third party sites. If you don't want to support them, just don't pay "ridiculous" prices ;)

So what should i do when members here get 10+ one clicks and sell them on ebay and i never had a chance to order directly because it was sold out in less than 10 seconds?

I'd love to know who bestonlinedvdshop is on here? Always ridiculous prices and always listing before pre-order even begins. I don't mind if people receive it and think, "oh I'll stick it on ebay and see how much I get", but his/her buy it now prices are just stupid and often has more than one copy of each edition... scum.

So what should i do when members here get 10+ one clicks and sell them on ebay and i never had a chance to order directly because it was sold out in less than 10 seconds?

Nothing. It's not nice but ultimately unless you got contacts that's life. If the retailer doesn't limit the quantity you can order that's on them. this has been going on since these 'premium' steels began. No one is entitled to anything. You can either get annoyed or just get on with something more important.

I'd love to know who bestonlinedvdshop is on here? Always ridiculous prices and always listing before pre-order even begins. I don't mind if people receive it and think, "oh I'll stick it on ebay and see how much I get", but his/her buy it now prices are just stupid and often has more than one copy of each edition... scum.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was someone who worked for/ knew someone at Kimchi

Get upset, don't support that kind of price inflation and move on. There has never been, and never will be a way to stop people from buying multiple copies and selling at silly prices. Supply and demand,and the reality of activities that occur whenever there is any limited run. 4000 is still limited vs the regular run, of say a new release regular Amaray. Some things are always sought after, and when they are, there will be people trying to capitalize. It's just the way the cookie crumbles. Try to order on your own, or work out a system where a friend who doesn't want it could try to order 1 for you. Then trade 1, or sell it at will. Good luck!

I got a copy of the Deadpool Kimchidvd lenti for $70 from bestonlinedvdshop, which is a much more reasonable price than what it is selling for now. So I don't see how the prices are just stupid. If no one will buy at their prices, then the prices go down. Like @digitalbabe said, it's supply and demand. Trying to sell something at a ridiculous price is an exercise in futility...unless people will pay it. So calling them "scum" is also an exercise in futility. Sellers follow the market, they don't care what people on forums write.

Also, the seller ships from Thailand. If they are on here, you could probably figure out who it is without too much work.

Get upset, don't support that kind of price inflation and move on. There has never been, and never will be a way to stop people from buying multiple copies and selling at silly prices. Supply and demand,and the reality of activities that occur whenever there is any limited run. 4000 is still limited vs the regular run, of say a new release regular Amaray. Some things are always sought after, and when they are, there will be people trying to capitalize. It's just the way the cookie crumbles. Try to order on your own, or work out a system where a friend who doesn't want it could try to order 1 for you. Then trade 1, or sell it at will. Good luck!

I noticed that every comment about blu-steel and his ebay shop gets deleted immediately. Whats the reason behind this?
It was impossible to order Kimchis Deadpool and it hurts to see 1 guy selling ~10 one clicks at ebay..
I just can't pass on Deadpool, so im forced to support resellers

I noticed that every comment about blu-steel and his ebay shop gets deleted immediately. Whats the reason behind this?
It was impossible to order Kimchis Deadpool and it hurts to see 1 guy selling ~10 one clicks at ebay..

Probably it generates extra sales for him :wow:

Hello, there is nothing behind it-folks here are trying for threads not to descend into a bunch of member bashing and trolling. This thread is not about third party sales, it's about this edition. There are a few members who bring up the same issue over and over and people following threads don't want to get bombarded with all of the negativity and ot chit chat. The back and forth about sales should be in Ebay discussion thread stickied in Trading forum. And even there, if people get rude or go into attack dog mode we will not support that. The same holds true if it is towards other members, who are selling.

It's a free market guys, and always has been. We don't ban members for what they legitimately do on third party sites. If you don't want to support them, just don't pay "ridiculous" prices ;)
I dont - I've a limit of £40 per steelbook and wont go over - but its still not far on those who cave to paying the stupid prices :(

same, but I still 100% refuse to pay over the odds - I'll stretch to £50 WITH postage on that one, else I'll wait.

As much as I want a steel, I will NEVER support the stupid inflation prices of scalpers

That said, I chose to miss out on this one and attempt buying later - I was too knackered to wake up 2 hours before I needed too, so I hit the alarm clock and snoozed away, partly hoping it would still be available 3 hours later when I get to work...but nah. So totally my fault I missed out on this one this time.
BUT, i was able get kimchi's Iron Man for cost(or just under maybe - was £34 delivered) via the secondary market, but that was via auction, not by a blatant scalper listing it for £80+
If people just want rid of the steel, auction it as its much fairer (unless a forum member wants it - that's what I do).

also, for those saying its a contradictory post - nah. I'm being pro-active in fairness and will never support tho obvious scalpers. I see nothing wrong in genuine collectors shedding their collection or changing their mind on keeping titles; thats a good thing for those missing out IMO. But I can never support the cheats and the unfairness of the greedy.

Reactions: lgans316
I dont - I've a limit of £40 per steelbook and wont go over - but its still not far on those who cave to paying the stupid prices :(
Well, a seller can't be faulted if someone chooses to "cave";) As collectors it's always hard to resist if you really want something, but just because it is offered at x doesn't mean someone is obligated to give in to that price, either.

Well, a seller can't be faulted if someone chooses to "cave";) As collectors it's always hard to resist if you really want something, but just because it is offered at x doesn't mean someone is obligated to give in to that price, either.
They certainly can be blamed when they contributed to creating the situation in the first place - just by the pure fact its sold out on the primary market, has an immense psychological effect on secondary market buyers ; its more desirable, and its THIS I dont agree with and veminently(sp) oppose.

But a seller is not directly responsible for a buyer 'caving' no. They are responsible for the

Just wish Kimchi does a WEA for CA3 Civil War or at least release the same NA Steelbook with title on the spine.
I'd love to see both Kimchi and Nova so more Marvel movies with WWE steels - this one was a beaut

Last edited: