The "OMG the price is high on Ebay, etc!!!" thread

What is your spending limit for Steelbooks?

• I plead the 5th!

Votes: 14 2.6%
  • Under $100 for sealed "Rare" Steelbook

Votes: 145 26.7%
  • Under $50 for any Steelbook

Votes: 139 25.6%
  • Over $100 for sealed, "Rare" Steelbook

Votes: 71 13.1%
  • I'll spend ANY amount to get a missing Steelbook for my collection!

Votes: 26 4.8%
  • It depends on the Steelbook-I decide at the time of purchase

Votes: 199 36.6%

• Total voters

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
So, we have the "Fake" and "Steelbook Price Drop" thread, but we don't yet have the thread where you post listings with "crazy" prices for Steelbooks. If you see any, post them here and have fun debating. As per forum rules, please remain respectful with each other-one person's "high price", could be another's "deal of a lifetime" score. Enjoy! :scat:

Please keep discussion to Ebay and other retailers, not private sellers.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...steelbooks.TRS0.TSS0&_nkw=steelbooks&_sacat=0 steelbooks

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=steelbooks&_sacat=0 steelbooks UK

Last edited by a moderator:
I know ;) posted it because 'omg these scalpers' and not because 'OMG can't believe people are actually paying this'
:LOL: It reminds me of the guy who posted a garden-variety copy of Django for $50,000, and in the information box below thanked the (possible) buyer for putting his kid through college!:LOL:
I think I posted that one on the "OMG! The Price is high on eBay" thread a few years back...

• Thanks
Reactions: toonminator

Bidder i***a
s.gif
( 0 ) must really want it...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Helpful Post
Reactions: harry
I would never buy from a guy that asked for that much for a steelbook, and still refused to pick up the shipping. Even if I agreed to the price, that is just bad form.
Neither will I. I can understand sellers wanting to make a profit but some mark ups are obscene. I don't have Thor TDW Kimchidvd, or some early FAC, releases purely because I refuse to pay exorbitant prices.

Regarding shipping, I do wonder if some sellers think that postage is still excluded from fees. The seller should have offered special delivery for something of this (supposed) value but that would have eaten into his or her profits.

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
Neither will I. I can understand sellers wanting to make a profit but some mark ups are obscene. I don't have Thor TDW Kimchidvd, or some early FAC, releases purely because I refuse to pay exorbitant prices.

Regarding shipping, I do wonder if some sellers think that postage is still excluded from fees. The seller should have offered special delivery for something of this (supposed) value but that would have eaten into his or her profits.
If You Ask That Much For A Steelbook You Should bring it to the buyer yourself ;)

If You Ask That Much For A Steelbook You Should bring it to the buyer yourself ;)
Agreed. It reminds me of a story I heard on TOP GEAR: Jeremy was breaking down the cost of buying an AUDI R8 in the UK...and in the itemized costs, there was a £500 charge for going to the dealer and picking it up yourself!!
There are two kinds of sellers:
1) The one who thinks "since you are paying an premium price, the shipping is on us."
2) The seller who thinks "since you are paying this much, surely you can afford to pay this extra bit."
The first seller will always get the repeat business.

Last edited: